All reviews sunday lunch town centre pie landlady roast tlc starters
Reviewed October 20, 2017

We stayed here for a night a couple of months ago and its a good place with loads of potential that could move my rating up from 3 to 5. The positives are:
Lovely staff
Nice locals pub
Free parking
Good location near the town centre
Great breakfast
Reasonably priced
My hope is that they spend a few quid bringing the annex room we stayed in - just up to Travelodge type standard for example. I have included a few examples (photos) of things that need a bit of TLC. As a mate of mine often says when he is tarting up property without spending a lot. 'Putty and paint make it what it ain't".

I will stay here again as I liked it and the staff who couldn't do enough. I hope that next time the room(s) will have been given a little make over.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank alanrX1388LA
Adrian T, Owner at The Dukes Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thanks for your feedback.
We have regular reviews with the brewery and we often discuss putty and paint issues.
We have recently upgraded all extractors in the rooms, new fire doors to the kitchen and new patio heaters.
Next consideration will be bathroom fittings.
We hope next time you stay there will be some putty and paint changes.
Regards
Adrian

Reviewed September 12, 2017

It was my birthday today and my friend and I went to The Duke's Head in Wokingham. It was my first visit.

I had a pie deal from Groupon which was excellent value! The service from the manager Adrian and other staff was first class. The food was hot and portions very generous indeed. The cafetiere of coffee was great too. Thank you Adrian for making my birthday special. Angela

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Start with by saying staff were very friendly. That is the one good thing about the premises. Twin room myself and my dad stayed in was dreadful. Stayed in one of the annex rooms not above the actual pub. Twin beds were camp bed style. No chairs to sit and relax on. No wardrobe to hang our clothes in. Had to hang our suits and other clothes in the storage cupboard with one hook which was only accessible by moving one of the beds. Towels were not changed and bin was not emptied. No Wifi access from this room and remote control for the tv was missing. Never again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Back after 2 years again on a Groupon and still amazing value.

With the extra discount that Groupon offer for two courses with a glass of Prosecco each is hard to beat at £10.00

3 choices of starter and main all well cooked and served with a smile.

The outside garden could do with a bit of a clean/ tidy up but it was adequate for eating outside on a hot afternoon

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed February 25, 2017

We went to the Dukes head for Suday lunch and we did not regret it ! Food was amazing , we had two courses, the choice was good and the prices were affordable . When we walked in we were welcomed by a lovely lady behind the bar. They were short of employees on that day but everything went smoothly anyway. Great job ! The place has a lovely atmosphere. We will be definitely back in summer .

Date of stay: January 2017