“Won't stay anywhere else”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Indiana
“Won't stay anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. I proposed to my girlfriend in St Louis while staying here and the staff was as excited about the news as if they were family. And that's really how they treated us the entire time we were there - like family. Even the guy working on the elevator greeted us with sincerity when we got on the elevator and wished us a good day when we departed. We even let the front desk decide our dining restaurants each evening (or at least they were very helpful with their advice) and only once did the restaurant they recommended not turn out with 100% satisfaction (and I'm certainly not going to hold the hotel staff responsible for a local restaurant's waitress's humdrum attitude towards her job). The cleaniless of the hotel was superb and the daily breakfasts went above and beyond our expectations (even though I would agree that the gravy wasn't the best I've ever eaten). We had no desire to go anywhere else for breakfast each morning, and that is always a good sign. We always seemed to miss the evening cookies, but it sure did smell good when we came back in (nothing smells quite like home as cookies baking!), and we did manage to swipe some of the leftovers afterwards. To summarize, the service is what sets this hotel far above its competition. We didn't stay in a $1500/night room, but they made us feel like we did. I can't say that you'd be stupid to stay somewhere else (as I'm sure there are other nice hotels in St Louis), but I certainly know where I'll stay the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
It was a pleasure to have the two of you at our hotel for such a special occasion. We are delighted to know we were able to play such a big part in your engagement. We look forward to having you as our guests for years to come.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
pella
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

great place to stay.... but i am also writing this review to say this Anyone that will be in. St louis should stop by MaCarthur Bakery. not only do they have the greatest pastries.... but they have a son that serve in our military. and i can not thank him enough for that....we all have our freedom because of these brave men.... he is now a disable vet. go and enjoy your favorite pastry as a thank you to him and our military, there are 3 bakeries 3055 Lemay Ferry Rd. 113 N Kirkwood Rd 13700 Olive Blvd.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kittyPella
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience one of our family owned businesses while in St. Louis. I will be sure to forward your kind thoughts onto the McArthur family.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is by far, the friendliest, the cleanest, and most well-appointed Hampton's that I've stayed at in the country. The staff ALWAYS welcomes you through the front door and wishes you a good day on the way out. They always offer their complimentary cookies in the evening. The rooms are always excellent with very good internet service and a nice flat screen with plenty of channel selection. The rooms are set up very nicely on the 4th floor with seating area, spacious work area, nice bath and shower and wet bar at entry.

Room Tip: I always stay on the 4th floor but I believe that is reserved for frequent travelers of the Hilton R...
2 Thank sgpostle
Your review is exceptionally thoughtful and is exactly what we strive to provide for each one of our guests while they are away from home. We are delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we appreciated having you as our guest.
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This Hampton Inn was absolutely sparking clean and our room was above average in cleanliness and roominess. I would definitely recommend ths Hampton Inn to anyone. I only have one complaint and that was that the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was terrible. haha. But the rest of the food was great. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast room was large and inviting. Would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank kdanielson2011
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
We would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. We understand you have an abundance of options when traveling and appreciate your thoughtful comments about our facility and our staff. We welcome your criticism on some of our breakfast items. Unfortunately we have very limited control of what items we are allowed to provide but will certainly pass your feedback onto Hilton for improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guests another time.
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

New Hampton Inn. Everything, including the staff, is top notch.
We stayed one night while traveling. Rooms clean and well appointed. Internet fine. Staff friendly.
Very good exercise room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
We are delighted you were able to stay with us while passing through. Your comments on our staff and facility are greatly appreciated! If you are in the area again, we would hope to have you as our guests.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I recently stayed a week at the very best Hampton Inn & Suites with the most remarkable experience ever! There are many hotels who provide customer service, but the difference between this Hampton and some other brand properties, are all the employees believe in customer service and to ensure your stay is the most comfortable, relaxing, enjoyable, and the feeling you are at home. Under the direction of Tommy Dempsey, General Manager, he instills customer service with every employee. I felt like Norm from Cheers! A truly place I belong! Emily and Jacob (Asst Manager) are the first two encounters during check in and two hours later, Emily remembered my name! The housekeeping staff really want to make your stay enjoyable, always asking how are you doing and is there anything requiring attention. The show Undercover Boss should use this Hampton as a model for others lacking the professionalism. Racheal is the housekeeper I met on break and she was very sincere and asked how was my stay? Traci provided one of the best breakfast bars I have ever encountered...cleanliness, professionalism, greeted all the guests, and ensured everyone received breakfast mints before heading to work. Linda provided the best cookies and milk I ever had at a Hampton...fresh and very delicious! We encountered many professional employees....too many to name. There was not a speck of dust anywhere; fans, lights, floor, absolutely none in the whole hotel! My recommendation to Hilton (Hampton) is plan to make your next Hampton commercial utilizing the professional staff at the Hampton located on Midamerica Lane! Thanks again for everything!

Room Tip: Higher floors based on request are better in my opinion and away from noise. My traveling companion...
1 Thank Scott T
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Mr. T,
For someone who is on the road as much as you, this review is an accolade for our hotel. We truly have an amazing staff from top to bottom and are incredibly grateful that you noticed and felt the need to share with others your thoughts. From the entire staff at The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis South, thank you for such a wonderful gesture and we hope we are blessed to have you as our guest in the future.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I only stayed one night for business. They were very nice and the room was very well turned out. Everything was clean. The bed though, had amazingly soft sheets, perfect down pillows, mattress was firm but plush. I hate big poofy fiberfill pillows. These down pillows were perfect, not too flat, but also very soft.
The apples downstairs were really good. I enjoyed the breakfast, seemed to have most things I would want. I smallish western omlette, which had good flavor, yoplait yogurts, cereals. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We know being on the road is not easy and are pleased to hear you were very comfortable in your room. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the St. Louis area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#3 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!