“Weekend Getaway”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 5 November 2016

The hotel was nice, room was spacious, and the staff was friendly! Check in was easy and my hotel preferences were met. Great place to stay if you are going to a Cardinals game, not far from the stadium. I would definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: First floor seemed to be quite noisy. Anything above is great!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

break_awayy,

Thank you for taking an opportunity to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the staff took great care of you! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team and thank them for all their hard work. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The hotel is kept very clean. The beds are quite comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very nice. The best thing about the hotel is the quality of the staff. Two people stood out, especially. We have stayed there a few times and Candyce, at the front desk, has always been very friendly and helpful. The gem that keeps us coming back is Cvija, the breakfast hostess. She goes out of her way to be of service. We were surprised that she remembered us after not seeing us for over a year. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Grammie2x,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center on TripAdvisor! I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience but more so that Candyce and Cvija went out of their way to help you feel at home. I'll be happy to share this with my team and thank them for all their hard work. Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The staff was fantastic! The rooms were quite comfortable. I had been a bit concerned because I knew that it was not the closest Holiday Inn to my family members, or to Forest Park, but the location right off the highway made it very easy to navigate to or away from downtown. The front desk staff were fabulous, very informative, and good with directions and suggestions for outings and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Steffanie B,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. I'm pleased to hear that our staff took excellent care of you and despite the location to your family, you still found the location convenient for your needs. Thank you again for your feedback and I'll be sure to share with my team as well. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I stay here about one to two weeks per year. I checked in on Monday afternoon and out Thursday morning. The stay was nice with no complaints. My room was well furnished and clean. Staff was nice and friendly as well. Will stay here again when back in St Louis.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas H
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Douglas H,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor for your visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. I'm pleased to hear that the staff took excellent care of you during your stay and the facility met your needs. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team and thank them for all their hard work. Thanks again and we hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

When our original hotel did not work out upon our arrival we stumbled upon the Holiday Inn and luckily had great customer service at the desk. Able to accommodate special needs at check in also. Nice breakfast buffet in morning and clean hotel. Enjoyed pool and comfortable beds. Staying again in October and will be our go to hotel when in area again. Only downside was disruptive wedding party guests in middle of one night. Hotel needs to get police involved rather than handle unruly guests directly as it was not managed appropriately thru hotel. All in all overall happy with location and amenities.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MMischeif

MMischeif,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. Overall, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and the amenities along with the staff helped you enjoy your stay. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced as it is certainly something we constantly strive to minimize for our guests throughout the year. I'll be sure to share your feedback back with my team and thank them for their hard work in helping you enjoy your experience.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Outstanding customer service and the room was great! Newly renovated location. It's about 20 minutes from downtown. This location is surround by everything you need! There is a Marshalls in the parking lot next door, a mall across the street! An Ihop, Steak n Shake, Krispy Kreme..all in walking distance! The staff was fantastic! Tracy checked us in and out. She was filled with great knowledge regarding St. Louis. Provided us with directions to all locations we were trying to see. Another woman who worked the desk with her was just as kind and helpful! The young lady maintain the pool and gym was very helpful in fixing one of the treadmills that wasn't working. Great FREE WiFi.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Marchell64,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent experience at the Holiday Inn South County Center. I'm pleased to hear that while we were not only convenient for your needs, the staff took excellent care of you during your stay. I look forward to sharing your feedback with my team and thanking them for all their hard work in creating a positive stay for you and your family. Thanks again and we hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

First off, I would definitely stay here again. We stayed in room 325 which is a suite with a king bed. The bed was very comfortable, the staff were professional and helpful, the hotel and room were clean, and it was relatively quiet. The hotel is in a decent location as well with many restaurants nearby. There is also a bar/restaurant in the hotel itself. We went down for half price appetizers and some drinks and were not disappointed. While the lobby appears to have been updated in the last 5 years or so the same cannot be said about the room we were in. The wallpaper was yellowed in places, the seams coming apart, and showed numerous past repairs. The wall near the floor by the AC unit was disintegrating and showed a large hole/gap likely form a past water leak. The doors and hardware all appeared worn and are likely original. The coffee table in the sitting area had loose legs and had definitely entered the twilight of its life. Lastly, the handle for the shower required pinpoint accuracy. It was extremely difficult to dial in the perfect water temp as a millimeter either way and you were burning hot or ice cold. SO, if you are the type that is easily offended by dated rooms that need repair or remodeling I would advise to go elsewhere. If you are looking for a convenient place to get a good nights sleep and be treated well, then this place is fine.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Kyle H,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. Overall, it's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay due to our staff and the restaurant onsite. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and I'm looking forward to sharing your comments with the team. We are exploring further renovation options in the near future and hopefully can continue with more updates to the hotel soon. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you with us again soon!

cberendzen@hisoco.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
3.5 km away
15.1 km away
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!