“Not up to Holiday Inn standards”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We usually use Holiday Inns -- always are good for the price. When opening the bed for the night I commented that I thought the sheets had not been changed-- my husband laughed and said no way! Upon climbing in I found the mattress to be soaked as well as the bedding-- they moved us to another room but when we turned on the air it smelled like it was on fire and then the motor made a very loud noise -- it was already late so we decided not to say anything as we didn't want to move again, They offered us pts -- seems to me the night should have been free.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi Camille S!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! We always aim to not only meet our guests' expectations but to exceed them. I'm very sorry to learn that both of your room assignments have issues with cleanliness and maintenance.

While we're glad that our hotel staff has made an effort to make up for the inconvenience, I have shared your review further so that necessary steps will be taken to avoid the same issues in the future.

Again, thanks for your feedback and being an IHG Rewards Club member. We'd be happy to welcome you back so we can provide you with a more refined hotel experience!

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed here the weekend of the eclipse, so the rates were high. They call themselves a full-service hotel, but that just means instead of a free continental breakfast you have a high-priced small restaurant. The room was clean, but not upscale. One bright spot was the lobby bar that had reasonably prices beer specials.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello partie-of-seven,

Thanks for posting a review from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you have regarded our rooms to be clean and bar to have reasonable prices for beers. I am concerned to see your dissatisfaction with the room rates during your stay. Your feedback regarding this is highly appreciated as this is our best resource for improvements and achieving superior guest satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future and see the improvements made. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

As a valued guest, I thank you for all your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I hope that this would not deter you from considering to stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and each time had some sort of issue. Earlier in the year stayed and took advantage of their green program where you are suppose to receive points for not having housekeeping. Problem was didn't receive the points but knew I was staying again so just waited until this stay and after asking received points. This time was a bit more disappointing. I do qualify for an upgrade if one is available. I ask but was told none were available because of a wedding. The problem is after checking my IHG app, upgraded rooms were available. Guess I can't understand why they would tell you this when you can easily verify that. Hotel is clean enough. Rooms do need repairs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hello Darren M,

Thank you for your recent stay and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the points not credited to you in a timely manner. Let me assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive up until you leave our hotel. I truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us and I will share your comments with our management to consider in order to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future.

Again, thanks for writing us a review. If you need anything else just feel free to reach out to us or the Duty Manager.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We were in St. Louis last weekend and stayed at this hotel for two nights. This hotel has been around a long time so we wondered what it would be like.
The lobby area has been updated, but when you get off on the 2nd floor it still seems dated. That said, decor is not of paramount importance to me, but comfort, quietness, and cleanliness. Our room was outfitted with a very comfortable king bed and the room was clean and quiet.

There one drawback to staying here is getting out of the parking lot. If you go out the main entrance onto the main road there is only one way you can go, right. We were told you could access Union Rd by zigzagging through the parking lot next to the hotel. If you stay here please be sure and ask at the front desk how to maneuver to Union Rd if getting back on the interstate isn't your plan.

Now breakfast. We stay in quite a few Hampton/Fairfield type hotels and breakfast is pretty much the same - designed to get you going without them having to cook. It works and we don't complain; however breakfast at the Holiday Inn is a real, cooked breakfast, pay for your meals when you book to get the best deal. The omelets were wonderful! My husband had scrambled eggs the first day, (which were good) but switched to an omelet the next day. They make them with what you want in them. Of course the coffee was fresh and the service was great. We were served both days by a woman originally from Serbia, whose name I couldn't pronounce if I tried; she was very lovely and friendly and made breakfast a delight.

If you're going to be in South County or want easy access to 55, this is a good place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Millie P
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my family recently stayed at holiday inn south and where put in room 402 I was ok with it as I have actually stayed in this room before and had no trouble. To start the trip they give me a rate for Saturday we stayed and decided we would stay Sunday as well and had already charged my card for Saturday anyway they increased the price of the stay and would not honor the Saturday rate. Watch for this they are famous for this price increase crap. Anyway the air wasn't working right in our room or for the entire 4th level to be honest with you, it was miserable and they said nothing they could do!! Imagine that!! There was 15 or better degree temp difference when you got off the elevator on the 4th floor from the lobby level and the room was the same. This place has a nice lounge area and a pretty good indoor pool and a nice workout room also. I got a soda out of the machine on the 4th floor and it was covered in old soda where one had busted and was sticky and was Christmas themed label and it's August so I told the front desk about this also so they could tell the soda delivery driver and she said that all the machines belong to the motel and were taken care of by there staff, I guess the same ones take care of the airconditioning on the 4th floor. If it where me for the money spent I would find one of the other area motels to ensure no price gouging and a comfortable stay. This used to be a great place to stay but has changed a lot over the past 5 to 10 years and is no longer run with the caring supportive staff like it used to be. So sad save yourself the hassle and stay up or down the road I promise you will be glad you did.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bandamiller
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi bandamiller,

Thank you for writing a detailed review about your stay with us. I'm happy to learn that you are a repeat guest at our hotel and have chosen to stay with us again with your family. I appreciate to see your wonderful comments about the lounge area, indoor pool, and fitness center. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issues with the AC, vending machine, and for the unsatisfactory level of service you have received. Clearly this is not what you should expect from us and we are very sorry for the dismay this has caused.

Your comments are being shared with our management team and we are working on improving on these areas in order to achieve superior guest satisfaction. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again and show you our true levels of hospitality.

Best Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms were clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Kids get to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner for free. Location was good. It wasn't far from downtown. The pool area was nice too. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Noah S
Mark D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments on our restaurant staff. We will pass along your feedback to members of our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Mark Davidson
Front Office Manager
mdavidson@hisoco.com

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed here one night on business. Customer service at check in was smooth. Rooms were average; nothing fancy. Older A/C unit, so it took a little while for the room to cool down; shower handle was very old and in need of replacement; tiles in bathroom didn't reach the tub so there's a big gap; beds were very comfortable; room had a microwave, fridge, and kehrig coffee maker; FREE WiFi; and the pool/hot tub was very clean & refreshing. Over all, a nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JenniferB71
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn South County Center. I'm thankful for your feedback and we'll be sure to improve where we can on the property. I'm very pleased that you had a nice stay despite the issues and I'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team as well.

Thanks again,

Cody Berendzen
cberendzen@hisoco.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
3.5 km away
15.1 km away
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!