ALTA Cebu Resort
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Solea Mactan Resort(Mactan Island)
US$91
bedfinder
Green One Hotel(Lapu Lapu)
US$41
US$51
Agoda.com
US$192
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsteam buildingmactan islandwall climbingspent a weekcity tournice poolfree shuttlebreakfast was includedisland hoppingrelaxing staymangolarryphilippinesresortconventionprospoolside
Reviewed August 11, 2017

This place is a pleasant surprise for me and my friend that we stayed here...
nice European stile village resort with clean room for reasonable price and good food.
Slow clap for the owners keep it up.

Room Tip: talk to the owner
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbenigno393
Larry T, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

I am the owner, and I accept your compliment, graciously
Hope to meet you personally on your next trip to Alta Cebu.

Thanks

Reviewed August 2, 2017

This resort has great value. This was my first time in Philippines and its harder to get around as there is no subway or train system and jeep is hard to use but the staff was friendly and was good with arranging our tours. Breakfast was good each morning and they have a singer at the bar each night you can have dinner poolside. Each night i got the specials which were delicious and were set at a good price. The room was nice and had a comfy bed and cold air condition.

Room Tip: get a room near the fd
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Huang L

If i could only say 3 things about us, it is our genuinely friendly service, our magnificent village garden ambiance and , of course, the value element.

I'm usually a humble guy, but it is fun to brag about our labor of love.

Most guests stay weeks or months . Unlike other resorts with stays of 1 to 3 days.

More time to find our faults , but the ones who "get us" can overlook a few flaws

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I went there abd stay for a couple of days and was very satisfied with the price and accomodation....but of course the stay would be awesome if the followibg will improve:

1. wifi
2. car service
3. signage from the main road
4. food

but over all its all a worthwhile stay....

Thanks alta vista!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Larry T, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Hello Rissie,

Thanks for the nice review. We are always motivated to do our best by helpful comments from our valued guests. I have noted your comments on how we can improve and we are acting on them.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

The most important tool u have in hospitality industry is the service because that defines what hotel you are.

Try do the service that you will provide as if it is your last chance of serving the guest and also consider how valuable they are.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carl C

Thanks Carl for taking the time to advise,

I am a little baffled by your comment on our level of service.
In fact, based on thousands of reviews from many sites, service is the thing most guests say sets us apart from most other resorts, eve more expensive resorts.

I'd say the most often mentioned comments about Alta Cebu is the outstanding, genuinely caring and friendly service. We have many repeat guests, and so many of the fist time and repeat guests say they instantly feel like a part of Alta Cebu's happy family each time they visit.

I would be interested to hear why you disagree with the majority opinion. Feel free to talk to me when you are here, or send me your comments so i can investigate further.

Larry, Owner

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice comfortable place to stay I can't say much for the food here it was ok some things were a little bit better but overall the owner super great guy the price not too bad the staff amazing the rooms very comfy I've stayed here in February to march and almost 3 weeks in May and plan to be back here in September I would highly recommend this place and again the only thing in my opinion that needs improvement is the food although breakfast is always good some of the specials were very good also

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Larry T, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thanks Richard for the flattering words. September will be your 4th time this year, if you count the week you stayed at Alta Bohol. Always good to see you back again. It must feel like home by now.

Though I think our chef's can cook truly great meals, though being inspired to always do their best is elusive for most mid sized resorts here.

My understanding is that for mid sized resorts, the restaurant is the hardest department to get right. That wont stop us from trying to be better.

I eat all my meals in the restaurant for the past 16 years and I feel the food is usually quite tasty.

I know they know how to cook good food. Consistent striving for excellence may be the biggest problem for all resorts when with working with an emotional culture. And chefs tend to be more emotional than average.

If i feel the chef's are in a lull, I read them some of the reviews. They are a competitive bunch, and that normally gets them back on track.

But the cooks are not solely to blame. The ingredients here are not as good as in the west. To get western quality, a resort has to own a farm, or at least be willing to pay 10 times more for western-style quality (Beef, Bell Peppers, etc) When customers complain that $5 is too high for a meal, it makes it really hard to buy the best ingredients.

Even so our specials are often awesomely good.

If anyone knows a Gordon Ramsey type cook who will work for Filipino wages, please let me know.