“Very good, just a little expensive for lunch.”
Review of Eder Restaurant

Eder Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Maria Alm
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I had lunch there 2x on vacation and found the food excellent and the staff wonderful. I had a wonderful sheep's cheese salad and also a burger with plenty of fries for the whole table. My only concern is that lunches were about 25-30 Euro.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a busy Friday night and would advise anyone looking for a half decent place to eat, to avoid this establishment.
The service was terrible and the food bland and below average. I won’t bore you with all the faults but my advice is to find somewhere else, or for that matter, anywhere else to eat.
There is a nice buzz around the bar area and if all you want is a drink, this is venue is worth a visit but definitely not to dine.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

I am a big fan of the Hotel Eder as it never dissapoints.

Despite coming from Australia, I am fortunate to visit Maria Alm on a periodic basis and have dined at most place across the village at least once.

But I have dined (lunch and dinner) many times at the Hotel Eder and it is clearly a cut above the rest in terms of food, service and ambience.

The food is excellent with traditional and some modern, always beautifully cooked and presented with generous servings.

I love the service hear, particularly the senior waiter/maitre de whom clearly loves his job as he is always everssent with friendliness and service.

The decor of the Eder is a modern twist on traditional Austrian and a great place to spend some time.

Still the one in Maria Alm!

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

I woukd highly recommend this restaurant. Food is fabulous and the staff are so friendly. Woukd highly recommend if you are in the region. The staff really make this place so great. A+

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Situated at the top end of the village square in the beautiful village of Maria Alm, Gasthof Eder is a busy hotel with extensive restaurant facilities on the ground floor.
The rib-eye steaks served with a delicious sauce there are simply outstanding and drew us back a couple of times in our two week stay in the village where we felt spoilt for choice of good restaurants. On each occasion at Gasthof Eder we had the same charming waiter, who seemed to have memorised our drinks order and our meal preferences from our first visit.
We did go along to a BBQ night on the first Friday evening which was a self-service 'all you can eat' affair. The choice of starters and main courses was extremely varied and thoroughly enjoyed. The choice of dessert, or lack of choice, however, was somewhat disappointing on that evening - confined to crepes with a limited choice of fillings only. This would be the deciding factor against patronising another BBQ night, given the choice of many other first class restaurants offering delicious desserts in Maria Alm.
We would certainly look forward to Gasthof Eder a la carte meals on future visits but would give BBQ nights a miss.