See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 5, 2017

The location is very good for security which is the most important.
The room is very spacious.
But your room television hasn't got CNN or sky channels to watch
The hotel breakfast is good with choices.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Golden Tulip Hotels
Reviewed April 10, 2017

What a pleasant surprise this hotel turned out to be in particular as I had read such negative reviews about this hotel before arriving and probably wished I hadn't now as I walked in not expecting much to start with but in actual fact have to say that it ticked all my boxes and more and do feel qualified in recommending the Golden Tulip as I have had the opportunity like most at staying in some lovely hotels around the world with brilliant reviews and even so unfortunately have had cause to complain!. The Golden Tulip is clean, big and airy but I would agree with some of the comments that have been made about the hotel in need of some updating/maintenance, but even so the bedrooms we were in on the second floor were spacious and had all the amenities you would require. The pool area although it was closed as we were there out of season seem brilliantly maintained and I should imagine the Summer months around there would be lovely, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the wifi is free!. My husband was taken ill one evening shortly after arriving and the Duty Manager was so helpful in helping us call for an ambulance and was very concerned and attentive to our needs and stayed with us until the paramedics arrived - I didn't catch his name and never saw him again as it was middle of the night but he was truly a wonderful kind man.

When we finally ventured into breakfast after that experience I found it to be very adequate with a pretty good choice of pastries and cereals etc as far as continental breakfasts go and by far one of the better continental breakfast menus on that score. The best bit of my review is saved for the staff as everyone we met and had dealings with were polite, helpful and friendly and whilst I cant remember everyone's name a special thank you must be said to Pasquale Noli, Gaetano, Rosaria and Vincenzo - simply amazing people that create a very warm and welcoming environment to all. Thank you to you all for being so helpful and I will return one day and have confidence in recommending this hotel if you are in the area and need a place to stay! Keep up the good work - Grazie.

Room tip: 2nd Floor - Rooms 272 and 271
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank _patrizia_brown
RelazioneClienti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Golden Tulip Resort Marina di Castello, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Dear _patrizia_brown,
thank you for your kind review.
We are glad to know you had a good stay and enjoyed the Golden Tulip Resort Marina di Castello. We thank you for your reporting about our staff - we are really proud of them - and our hotel.
We are waiting to have you again as our special guest.
Best Regards.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

We were very surprised at the size of the hotel, having mobility problems I was not happy being allocated a room 1/2 km. from reception, bar and restaurant. Room was a good size with a balcony, sea view if you had a telescope or telephoto lens, unfortunately occupied by a swarm of mosquitoes. You can bet my wife will attract every one in a mile radius. Evening meal was good, but disturbed by probably 100+ school children running ammock. Breakfast was an utter disaster as the hotel had not tacked onto account 10 - 15 coach parties all leaving within 15 minutes of each other.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2017

We have chosen that hotel because of the Spa and Wellness, but when we arrived we were told that it is closed for a renovation. No where it was mentioned about it, not on the B.com, not on HRS.com, not on the own website of the hotel. Though the hotel was nearly empty, we were given the room in the most far corner... but a # great# view to some probably cleaning system pool which smelled not too nice, and that was in March, cannot imagine what could be in summer... As for the breakfast I think that it is a shame for the hotel and unrespect to the guests! Dry cheese - only one type. not fresh sausages - also only one type, no tomatoes, no curcumbers, juice is very poor, no toaster! only a very strage oven which does not function in a proper way, staff do not speak English... No sightseeing information at the reception, not a single booklet! May be we were on a low season, but the hotel position itself as a 4 star....

Room tip: Ask for room overlooking the garden
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nurn_ele
RelazioneClienti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Golden Tulip Resort Marina di Castello, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Dear nurn_ele,
thank you for your review.
Our Spa, 800 sqm. of wellbeing with relax area, hidro-tonic pool, sauna, bio-sauna, steam room and emotional shower, works only on Saturday and Sunday, on reservation and availability. Probably, the Spa was closed or not available and there was a misunderstanding. We are sorry you are unsatisfied with the breakfast: we are working to improve it.
We hope to have you soon again at the Golden Tulip Resort Marina di Castello to let you enjoy our Spa.
Best regards.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Real ghost house! Terrible service, very unpolite and rude. Paid IN ADVANCE for three days and I got notice the first night on my bed that the next day the hotel will be out of electricity, no hot water, no internet, no light, nothing. I gently asked for my money for the last night in order to switch to another hotel but the staff told me that it is not possible, so I checked out of this hotel and moved to other in the center of the city! Don't waste your money at this dumphole!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Martinvidoevski,
we thank you for your review because it is a starting point for our continuous improvement: putting at the first place the pleasure of the guests is the focal point of our mission.
As we told you, due to some maintenance work of the electrical society, there was an electricity outage of 4 hours (lapse of time when there were only a few people) when all the basic services were guaranteed.
When we came to know about your discontent, we tried to solve the problem offering you to spend your last night in one of our 2 other hotels, but you decided to disagree.
We are sorry for your review because we did everything we could.
Best regards.