“Pretty accommodation in traditional Trulli”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Suzy H
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Pretty accommodation in traditional Trulli”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We were lucky enough to stay in both the Trulli and the Casa D'Estate during our week in Puglia in early October. The Trulli was very comfortable and cosy. It is in three parts, the kitchenette, the living room with sofa and table for 2 and the double bedroom. There is a small shower room off the kitchenette. There is also a private terrace with deckchairs and a table and chairs. The Casa D'Estate is modern with a building comprising of the double bedroom and nice bathroom, and a kitchen/diner in a separate building connected by another private terrace with deckchairs and table and chairs. This set up worked very well in the nice weather, as the outside space served as another room and made the accommodation feel very spacious. The only thing that could be an improvement would be a couple of comfy chair perhaps in the bedroom instead of the table and chairs, so that there is somewhere to sit when the evenings are a bit chilly. We really loved the privacy of the different terraces with each accommodation. Unfortunately we were out of season so couldn't try out the jacuzzi, but it looked lovely!

The property is located on a very quiet road above Pezze di Greco, and was really peaceful. A car would be essential for this property - we found the driving very easy and the property was easy to find and access, with plenty of parking. It was a 5 minute drive down into Pezze di Greco which had everything that you could need in terms of food shopping, a fantastic pizzaria and lovely trattoria, as well as bakeries, butchers, greengrocers and a lovely little supermarket. Fasano offers some more shops and restaurants and there is another excellent trattoria in Speziale. The main E55 is about 10 mins from the Trulli and the all of the white towns in the Itria Valley are within very easy reach. The property couldn't be better placed for exploring the area!

Nicla, the owner, was incredibly helpful both prior to travelling and while we were there. Her english is excellent and she will go out of her way to make sure that you have everything you need. The booking was very straight forward and all the information was very accurate. Thank you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy of the different terraces
Liked least: The matress in the Casa D'Estate was little hard!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
26 Oct 2013
Dear Suzy and Mike, thank you very much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you at Vigne di Salamina. I hope you enjoyed and that you will return again in Puglia. Warm regards, Nicla
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed May 2, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

chris k
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfect apartment in Salento country side”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this apartment. In the end we didn't stay in the Trullo but in the apartment above it, as we preferred it (slightly more privacy, a better view and more room for our 9 month old to crawl outside.
Nicla is perfect and helped us out with all our questions and gave us good recommendations on what to do in the surrounding area. You are perfectly located to explore the surrounding region.
Having the Jacuzzi was great to cool off (don't expect too much in winter) .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the outdoor living
Travelling group: Kleine kinderen
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Houston
Reviewed July 8, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Italy
Reviewed March 9, 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
dukeofwem
Wem, United Kingdom
“Puglian bliss”
Reviewed March 6, 2011 for a stay in May 2010

This year, we will be staying at the Trullo Monte Zuzzo for the 6th time. The fact that we use to always want to go somewhere different for each holiday demonstrates just what a wonderful place this is to visit. The Trullo itself is pure Puglian rustic charm, lovingly restrored by Nicla and Rudi and provides simple but comfortable accommodation. Outside the terrace provides amazing views over the Adriatic and the surrounding countryside. The sea is but 7 kilometres away and there are so many villages and small towns to visit and soak up the local life. This is southern Italy, so there are no Milanese costume watchers, just real people. The cuisine in this area is wonderful and uses its local resources to full effect.

The owner, Nicla, is an amazing hostess, who has now become a great friend. Nothing is too much trouble and she will do all she can to make your stay a perfect one. Nicla's other half, Rudi is a superb professional chef and will, upon reequest, cook you the most exquisite meal to underpin the memory of what will be a wonderful holiday.

The nearby town of Pezze di Grecco has restaurants, shops, garages etc and within a few kilometres you will also find many other good restaurants. The Trullo is within easy driving distance of both Bari and Brindisi airports and the lovely towns of Ostuni, Alberobello, Martina Franca, Cisternino, Monopoli and Locorotondo are all very close.
This is Puglian Gold.

litalita
nyc
“Perfect in Every Way!”
Reviewed March 2, 2011 for a stay in September 2010

I stayed at this wonderful updated trullo/vacation home for a month, inviting friends off and on to join me, at a beautiful time of year. When I reserved, after many lovely emails with Nicla, the owner, she answered all my questions and sent me perfect directions. She met me in the small town nearby and I followed her car to the trullo through fields of olive trees and a pastoral setting. Set on a small hill, the view was beautiful and I could see the sea and many surrounding towns, especially those lit up at night.
The structures of the trullo are set in a semi circle with connecting walkways and many places to sit to enjoy the air. The original trullo structure was updated so that I had everything I needed to cook at home and be comfortable at night. That area was cozy and very comfortable. The newer area was beautifully designed (I am a designer so I was very fussy) and we ate outside at the big glass table by candlelight and in comfortable chairs almost every night. The bedroom in that structure was large, beds were VERY comfortable, and the bathroom was beautiful! The modern kitchen had everything we needed and was also large with a table for four at least.
Nicla and Rudy were so helpful in helping us plan our days with maps, directions, and a wonderful welcome treat of local figs which Rudy prepared.
The trullo is a short drive to a beach, and close enough to all the main tourist towns so you can take day trips, as we did, often. I bought one of my favorite dresses in the beach town, and we had superb food in Locorotondo, our favorite town, as well as other places. Driving thoough the countryside was one of our favorite things to do because there are hundreds of trullos to see and small towns to reach.
The trullo has neighbors, but they are not so close as to intrude on my privacy. There is ample parking on the property, a great outdoor shower (one of my favorite things) and many places to lounge, including a patio with lots of seating.
If I were going to Puglia I would return to Nicla's place, Vigne di Salamina. She is wonderful to deal with and a great host! I have nothing negative to say about this home, vacation and area!
Ellen/New York City

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing