“Not the Ritz-Carleton, but it's near the airport, sort of.”

Country Hotel Borromeo
Fairfax Station, VA
“Not the Ritz-Carleton, but it's near the airport, sort of.”
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stayed here for one night as a waypoint on our trip out of Milan. The hotel was clean. The shuttle was prompt. The hotel had a free Internet terminal in the lobby. The restaurant was very pricey as was the bar. Be prepared to be dinged for 12.00 USD for a cocktail. There is NOTHING in the vicinity of this hotel. My room was very clean and modern. Reading other comments makes me wonder if some of the rooms haven't been upgraded.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ashford,Kent
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I booked this hotel for a short stay whilst on business in Milan. It looks great from the website, but when I arrived it looked run down, the room was very basic - no tea/coffee in room, no English TV.

There was a desk in the room with internet access - the service was expensive but worked well.

I had to iron a shirt and was shown to a horrible, dingy room on the top floor with an iron/ironing board. My main compliant was the restaurant -- limited menu with all items over £20 -- so a steak with vegetables and potatos cost £48 -- which I thought was very expensive.

I don't recommend this hotel -- Milan is a great place and has better hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank DJP5061

Travellers are raving about these Peschiera Borromeo hotels

Reviewed 19 May 2009

We stayed at this hotel one night prior to an early flight from Milan Linate airport.
The first disappointment was that the advertised shuttle from the airport was not available so we had to pay 15 euros for a cab. They just said, no shuttle, take a cab with no apology or explanation.
The desk staff seemed friendly and accommodating, but we soon learned that we got friendly replies that all amounted to be told no to any request we made with a friendly smile. Our room was adequate in size. There was a lot of fluffy pollen flying outside, and they must clean the rooms with the doors open because there were piles of pollen that looked like dust bunnies in every corner. When I tried to wipe them up with a damp towel the towel turned black so the floors weren't clean.
The room was uncomfortably warm--in the mid 70's-- even though I had the cooling system on the lowest setting with the fan on high. When I finally called the desk I was told that the air conditioning was not on, and there was nothing that could be done.
While I was using the internet for which we had paid 12 euros, the popup screen for signing off disappeared. When I called the front desk he said that once the popup was gone there was nothing he could do and my hours would expire. After much searching my history etc. I finally got it back, but only after wasting more than 30 minutes of my internet time.
The dining room was nice, and we had a good dinner, but that was the only highlight of the trip.
They need to combine good service with the pleasant demeanor at the desk. A pleasant smile with bad service leaves a bad taste.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donnag
Reading, England
Reviewed 12 January 2008

May family - two adults, two children - has now used this hotel for two years and we will be returning for a third. This is a very convenient location, easy to find, the hotel is very clean, the staff very polite and the rooms a real pleasure for this standard of hotel. Full marks.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
florida
Reviewed 11 July 2006

We reserved a room via internet for the night before an early morning flight. I never got a confirmation so I emailed the hotel. They said they had two rooms reserved, I emailed back that we only wanted one. I confirmed on arrival that we had just one room reserved. When I attempted to check out at 6:30 am, I was told I had to pay for two rooms because I had not cancelled the extra room using the internet. The clerk said I could wait for a manager to arrive at 9 am (long after our 8:00 flight). After a half hour argument we finally were allowed to leave and almost missed our flight.

They are not as close to the airport as they claim and the hotel is extremely difficult to reach. The dinner was unedible and extremely high priced. The AC was on a timer to only stay on for 15 min. So I had to wake up periodically to trun it on, since it was extremely hot. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank gfmoser
london
Reviewed 28 June 2004

Full marks go to the Country Hotel Borromeo more than everything for the polite and helpfull staff.
The reception took into account all my requests for special needs and were kind enough to give me a free upgrade as I have a problem with my health they took every possible step to ensure the best stay in Milan.
WELL DONE AND THANK YOU.

1.1 km away
Maxim Hotel
Maxim Hotel
#2 of 6 in Peschiera Borromeo

Been to Country Hotel Borromeo? Share your experiences!