US$124
Hotels.com
US$80
US$68
  • Pool
Hotel Casa Don Fernando(Caceres)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotel Iberia(Caceres)
US$53
US$76
  • Restaurant
Hotel Don Carlos Caceres(Caceres)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
US$111
US$107
Hotels.com
US$340
Extremadura Hotel(Caceres)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 7, 2015

Arriving by car, we found easy free parking along Plaza de Italia, and left the car there overnight. If you prefer there is also a public multi-storey parking facility nearby. The hostel room was quite small, but functional in providing us with a cheap bed for the night. The room was clean. If you get a second storey room, be aware there is no lift, but the staff help you carry bags if necessary. Wifi was available, but not consistently throughout the room. For better service you needed to stand close to the door or inside the bathroom. There was no noise from the outside street, but noise carried through from our next-door neighbours. This is probably inevitable in an old building, and rather than reflecting poorly on the hostel we would say it unfortunately is a reflection on the inconsiderateness of some fellow travellers. It takes 5 minutes to walk to the old town centre.
The overall highlight of Hostal Plaza Italia was their friendly staff! Unfortunately we did not get the name of the guy who greeted us on arrival. He spoke excellent English, had a great sense of humour and gave us a list of the best restaurants to avoid the tourist traps. We ended up going to Cacharreria which is probably the best tapas restaurant we have ever been to. Thank you so much! The following morning Alejandro answered all our questions about the local region, gave us driving instructions and even carried our bags back to our car. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2015

The rooms are very clean. The bathrooms are a bit small but also clean and in a good state.
The hostal is close to the Plaza Mayor as well as to the Plaza de toros and the city center.

The owners are very nice and speak English. They welcomed me at 4am the first night I got there and now that I live on my own in Cáceres, we are still in touch.

Room Tip: It is not a noisy area so I am convinced you will be fine in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathagina
Reviewed September 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel. It is simple but brand new, rooms have comfortable beds and air conditioning. It's less than 10 minutes walking to the historic district of Cáceres. The owners are a young couple and make you feel at home. They're very knowledgeable about the city and will give you tips about what to visit, where to eat, etc. Great value for the price

Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is located on a quiet street, a short five to ten minute downhill walk to the Plaza Mayor. It is run by a very nice young couple who live on the premises. The room was very clean with a comfortable double bed and I slept very well. There was also a TV, closet, and an upholstered type chair. The bathroom was fine and the shower excellent. The street on which the hotel is located is dead end, downhill, and quite steep. I had no problem parking right across the street, but I was a nervous wreck wondering how I was ever going to be able to turn around and get back up the hill. I am inexperienced with standard shift and hills make me nauseous. The señora assured me that her husband would get me out. And get me out he did. He backed the car up the hill to the first cross street, faced me in the right direction and waved me off. What a relief! That alone was worth the cost of the room, which was 30€.
Wifi was so so. The signal was strong in the hall, but inconsistent in the room itself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Caceres is a great little city with a beautiful and intact historic centre. This hotel is about 5 mins walk through the back streets from the busy main plaza and provides clean, basic rooms at a bargain price. The manager was friendly and helpful, if a little gloomy about Spain's current situation. We caught a taxi to the door from the main bus station.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple