This is one of the classic paradors, with a great location in the old walled portion of the city of Caceres. They've done a beautiful job with modernizing the bedrooms and part of the buildings while maintaining the feeling of being in a historic palace. Walking around the old city at night, with the buildings illuminated, was a wonderful experience. Very friendly staff, helpful front desk, and excellent restaurant with local specialties, in a beautiful setting that included an outdoor patio. Only downer was that an early heat wave hit while we were there, and they had not activated the cooling system in our part of the building yet (it had actually been cold the week before, and they stated that they had to inactivate the heating system before they could activate the A/C...) Also had a great buffet breakfast included in our rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador will be closed due to renovation work from September 1, 2009 to Spring, 2011. The closest Paradors to stay at are those in Mérida, Trujillo, Guadalupe, or Plasencia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Parador de Caceres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Caceres Hotel Caceres
- Parador De Caceres cáceres
- Parador De Caceres Hotel cáceres