“enjoyable pitstop”

Marisqueria Gran Avenida
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We dropped by for a lunchtime drink on our way to our hotel. As we are easily tempted by seafood tapas, it wasn't long before a very enjoyable atun mechado was in front of us- and soon followed by more cold beer and another tasty tapa of pulpo alinado!

1  Thank mabinho

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant for lunch several times since my last review, mostly alone but this time with my husband. On a beautiful sunny Sunday in Jerez the tables outside were all taken so we sat in the bar. The service was efficient and friendly, and the food superb. I always order the salmon tartare here, delicious and beautifully presented. Thank you Marisqueria Gran Avenida for a delicious chilled out lunch! We shall return.

Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

My first attempt to visit this bar was on Saturday evening. Inside was empty and only 2 tables were occupied outside. I asked the rather surly waiter, in Spanish, if I could have a table for one person. He replied no, and walked away! I was disappointed as the specials menu from their restaurant round the corner looked excellent.

I returned on a very wet Sunday lunchtime and sat at the only table not occupied. The bar was buzzing with locals. A different waiter (friendly and efficient) took my order of beer and a salmon tartar, which was delicious! If it wasn't for the strange experience the night before I would have rated this restaurant with 5 stars.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

Wonderful buzzy atmosphere, and obviously a popular choice for the locals. We stopped by for a few beers one afternoon as were impressed by what we saw everyone eating. Next day we stopped for a late afternoon selection of great tapas: scrambled eggs with Iberiab ham and prawns, croquettes, and squid. All were very tasty and a good potion. Service very good, as was the atmosphere. Given a complimentary dark sherry to finish off a great afternoon lunch! Worth scoping put if you want to get away from the tourists. East to find.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Full of Spanish, no tourists, say's it all really. Nice gambas and cold fino. They own the great gin and tonic bar Watsons next door and a restaurant round the corner, where they will get food from to expand on the tapas menu.