All reviews junior suite old town chorizo first floor small square lovely art grand staircase whirlpool bath continental breakfast no lift calle larga wooden floors beautiful hotel large bathroom yogurt excellent coffee high ceilings
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I loved this place!

We booked an apartment in Jerez in another part of the city with the idea of saving money. Unhappy with our choice, we quickly began a search for something nicer.
Palacio Garvey was recommended by a friend, and we just walked in and asked what was available. We needed two rooms for 3 adults and 1 child. They found us a junior suite and a smaller room.

Beautiful, artistic, quiet even though in the heart of the old city, charming, old, and full of atmosphere. You can see part of the old Moorish wall incorporated within the hotel’s structure.

The staff was extremely helpful. (I allowed myself to become dehydrated one day, and spent a major part of the day in bed recuperating. Even the restaurant staff went out of their way to find something for me to eat that would help).

The only possible drawback for some might be that the elevator only goes up one floor. After that - it’s steps! You might find a room in the second floor and not have to deal with that, but we did have to walk up a flight). We were advised about this from the outset.
Every modern convenience, in a beautiful surrounding, and cafes and culture right outside your door.

I might add that one night a religious procession came past the front of the building, complete with a statue of Santa Marta, and the accompanying music. Profound!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Not great. Room needs a lot of work - peeling paint and the like. Lift sporadically working, lots of banging around, card machine also not working. There's got to be somewhere better elsewhere somewhere or other.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We stayed here for 2 days and was very impressed, the property is very stylish and clean.
The staff were great and couldnt do enough for us.
The Hotel is in a great location and I would highly recommend

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2018

A very comfortable, quiet, and spacious room in an attractive, modern hotel at a very reasonable price. Parking just behind the hotel was very convenient. Reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The location made it easy to explore the interesting part of the city.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Not that it bothered me but I can see why it could;

There is no elevator to the 3rd floor so if u have heavy bags it would be bothersome to get them up a beautiful, but narrow stairwell.

Also, I found out after that they do have a parking garage which no one told me (and I forgot to ask).

The hotel itself is charming and the room was perfectly fine. The staff are wonderful and certainly accessible and engaging.

Ask for a 1st floor room if you have any physical issues....but enjoy the ambiance and location of this gem!

Trip type: Travelled solo