All reviews great holiday pool bar younger brother the bar stays open rooms are basic early hours height of summer barbecue night air con two bedroom apartment self catering changed regularly met some lovely people shuttle bus two weeks ring hob nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed September 22, 2017

The other reviews just about sums up our experience. Ants in the kitchenette every morning even though it was cleared of food, crumbs etc. The sewer smell was at times disgusting, when we reported it Theo said he didn't have another studio to move us to, bleach was put down the drain and it was covered with what looked like cling film! Sun loungers at the pool were reserved daily by people putting towels on them early in the morning and not only for themselves but for visiting friends. On the plus side housekeeping was excellent, sheets and towels changed frequently, the gardens are very well kept and more enjoyable to sunbathe in than the pool area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tricia279
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Arrive on 31st Aug 17 for 14 nights was greeted by Theo who came across as very friendly gave us a drink before showing us to are room 113, was very tired after travelling all day so went to bed all was well . On waking the next morning to find ants in bathroom & kitchen area so sprayed the area which kept them at bay for a few days, first day had trouble getting a sunbed around the pool area so just used the loungers outside are room but this was a daily problem as family's were putting towels down very early mornings also reserving sunbed for friends who where not actually staying at Athena !!!.

The apartment was small but clean but we were soon the find out that the electrics was faulty hair dryer blow up on the first night the lady next door was kind enough to let us use hers but after a minute of it being switch on it started to smell of burning so it was switched off & passed back also lights would not turn off when key fob was removed, informed Theo who replied is that room 113 yes I know. Also we had no bin in kitchen area there was no toaster & television did not work.

The weather was lovely & very hot it was €50 a week for the air con & €10 for S/D box so we refused the A/C as that is a lot of money in my opinion , also the price of food & drinks were disgusting, I feel for family's when we all work hard for a yearly holiday, don,t bite the hands the feed you.

Lindos is a beautiful places but would never return too these apartments the noise is horrendous some nights going on till 4.30 a.m out of 14 nights only manage to get 3 good nights sleep came home feeling I'd been on an 18-30 holiday & Theo will be your best friend if you are spend spend spend... The other staff worked very hard & were very friendly , we met some lovely people so was not all bad , but I feel people deserve to know the truth as Thomas Cook information is very misleading telling people it is great for family's & couples (family run complex).

Avoid the first block of apartments 111 - 116 as you will get no peace & bbq was never worth €14.00 food only know wine included in the price...hope the helps.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank miapia7
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in a double room. We were initially dismayed by the tiny size of the bedroom, the lack of space, and the lack of kitchenette, plates, toaster etc. The website does not specify what comes with what rooms and this was a great disappointment. As it comes we slept 1 foot from the fridge which was rather noisey during the night to sleep next to.
The rest of the room looked in a bit of disrepair with the showet curtain rail hanging off the wall, rusting on the bathroom mirror, and the smoke alarm missing from it's unit. We also did not have a washing line making drying clothes very difficult, whereas other patios do.
Cleaner came in daily which was nice and they did a good job, though they did not sweep or mop the balcony which was the only spot we could eat at with table and chairs.
The last thing to bother us was a random rock festival that happened on one of the nights with crazily loud music for which we had no warning in advance about! Only worked out something was happening when a stage began being built on the law outside our balcony!
There is also an etiquette problem at the swimming pool where the sun loungers are covered in towels with no people around! Several times we came back from Lindos town in late afternoon and only 1/3 of sun loungers were occupied while the rest were laiden with towels with yheir occupants nowhere to be seen!! The staff should do more to ask people to move towels if they do not chose to actually use them!!
The location of the hotel is useful with a supermarket next door, and only a 2 minute walk from the coach park.
We wouldn't chose to stay here again, for the money we paid we have had way better rooms elsewhere which have more spacious and more amenities. It is midleading that management do not show official photos of these very basic double rooms to prevent misleading customers on trip advisor, but instead show rooms with kitchenettes, washing lines and larger spaces.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie C
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Was told by our company by asking about a quiet hotel to stay in in Lindos and they said the Lindos Athena so I thought I'd trust their word. The hotel on thevenings and nights we're very loud 6 out of 7 nights. The room had ants in every morning and there was a horrible sewer smell that would enter our room every morning too. No toaster, microwave, iron etc. €50 for a week's worth of air conditioning that myself and my partner refused to pay. I think it should have come in with the price personally. The staff didn't seem to communicate with you. I didn't feel welcome at all during the whole of my stay. I will not come here again and I don't recommend this hotel. I'm sorry!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank xstephyix
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I spent a week in Lindos Athena Hotel in August with my boyfriend and his family for his brother's wedding. If the rooms are pretty basic, the outside facilities (pool, bar, garden bits), the staff and the atmosphere are really great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. It felt like home.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes on foot from Lindos old town and 15 min from the beach.
This hotel doesn't provide much comfort in terms of room but I definitely recommend it! Great value for money!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple