1,077 results
All reviews welcome drink tennis courts beautiful grounds tree lined drive steep staircase sofa bed junior suite buffet breakfast sun loungers sitting area swimming pool five nights excellent restaurant private terrace fantastic experience tour group rental car
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I have always wanted to see Tuscany and must admit that I dreamed of staying in a Tuscan Villa with all the images I had when I watched the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun". Anything short of that would have been a disappointment. Fortunately, our tour group booked us in Borgo San Luigia in Monteriggioni, between Siena and Florence.
Once a private estate, this 17th-century structure is now impeccably restored down to the period furnishings, fabrics and Tuscan terracotta floors. The estate itself has beautiful grounds covering over 60,000 sq. meters. of park. Rooms are in guest cottages on the estate. Most rooms have a private terrace or garden, to enjoy a pleasant stay. In addition, there is a beautiful dining room, lounge, bar, pool and tennis courts. Prepare to indulge yourself. It’s like a movie set!

Room tip: Ask for a single level cottage.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BorgoSLuigi, Responsabile reception at Borgo San Luigi, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Like a movie...
Very nice!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

We booked for one night as an interim stopover, ended up staying 3 nights and loved every minute. There was nothing we would have changed, rooms were great, staff was excellent, every single person, grounds were spacious and stately, restaurant dinners excellent, we ate here all 3 nights, even though we had a car and many other options, just convenient and delicious, everything we tried. Breakfasts also nice. I need to say that the hotel is not brand new, but the prices reflect that fact and as such, it was tremendous value. This was a great base for visiting Florence, Sienna and everything between, all less than 1 hour.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
BorgoSLuigi, Responsabile reception at Borgo San Luigi, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Very good!!!
Thank you!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

I spent unforgettable 4 days with friends at this fantastic hotel. At first two of us were going there and we paid in advance, then another friend decided to join us and we were told we would pay extra 20 euros per day at the hotel. We were placed in a very comfortable duplex style room.

Service here is exquisite, each staff member is keen to make you feel yourself at home. Breakfast is lavish and waiter is there for you as well. There's green and beauty everywhere you look, making you feel peaceful and happy. You can taste great dishes at the restaurant for dinner.

And when checking out, we found out that the hotel only included restaurant fees and nothing for an "extra" person (which would be 80 euros). When we inquired after it, we were told they didn't charge us for additional person in our room. They didn't even check the bar. To cut it short, I fell in love with Borgo San Luigi with all my heart, it was one of the best vacations in my life.

I will definitely visit it again.

Thank you so much, especially to Ivan and Tomaso.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Perfect!
Thank you!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Stayed in Borgo San Luigi in October 2017.
We arrived early around noon. In general we could only check in after 17:00 but the hotel staff offered a warm welcome and managed to get our room ready within only 30 minutes. We enjoyed a nice glass of prosecco next to the swimming pool.

The mentality of the staff is super. They are professional, sweet, helpful and family-minded. No action to settle us was too much.
Our children were very welcome and they spontaneously offered to arrange special meals (small portions, not too hot) and drinks, even if it was not on the menu.

Very nice wines (all prices!) are available and meals were nicely presented and delicious.
Especially breakfast was amazing with fresh juices, different types of coffee, freshly bakes eggs however you want them cooked or baked, mortadella, salami, cheese, jams, bread, toasts, fruit....

Entrence is about 1,5 km drive to reach the entrance.
Once you arrived, you want to stay and relax.

Pool was clean and very big. The lower pool side for children is fantastic and located in the shade.

Well maintained garden with cosy terraces.

Staff is great. Thank you for everything and... we'll be back!

Room tip: Junior Suite
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BorgoSLuigi, Responsabile reception at Borgo San Luigi, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Perfect, you review is fantastic!
Thank you.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Our stay was for only one night and we choose this place because of the great reviews and his relaxing atmosphere.
We could not find a match with other customers brilliant opinions and we did not relax. Let's make it clear, the location it is superb, the staff is kind and breakfast is great. This said, there is a lot to do.
- we arrived at the end of a warm day, to become aware of a unrequested free upgrade. Oh a free upgrade how lucky? The room was a dependance opened on the garden by a wide glass door. Too bad, the room was icy. We tried A/c and no way. There was an electric heating that we switched on and it was cold. We called the reception, the staff member had no answer to my request of which device should we use and how, so I waited for somebody else to talk to me. I've been asked to wait for someone to come, but it's not pleasant to wait in a cold room so my partner went to have a look at the reception and came back with another staff member, who said that we did right but we had to wait for the heating to start working. It never did.
- I called to ask for a duvet or extra blankets. A staff member came checking and after a bit of pushing brought us two light duvets.
-We decide to leave for dinner hoping the heating would work in a while and we asked for a fan heating, the same guy agreed. When we came back from our lovely dinner the room device was cold again and we had to ask again for a fan. Again, after plugged, we had to wait for te temperature to become warm. By the morning it never started either.
Nobody cared about checking on this.
-Both devices in the room were not only dusty, there were balls of dust. Even the east to reach, my socks confirmed that the floor in the bathroom was not much better.
-by unplugging my battery charger the plastic cover of the plug came out.
-free wifi went on and off at all times, luckily I wasn't there for business purposes.
-the staff member at the check out did not ask anything about our stay, not a word. Where is the base of customer service?
If you wanna try the place because you find a good offer is ok, but go over summer.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, but i don't understand why you wrote in english: it's strange, you are italian!
For the answer, you can check the next review: 2 reviews for the same stay, i think it's only to let go down our ranking on Tripadvisor...
We wait for you again by us.