Here is my objective review of the good, bad, and the ugly of this Hotel.
Beautiful view of the Tuscan countryside
A great base to explore the Tuscan area.
Away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.
An authentic Rustic tuscan feel to the large rooms
Beautiful Castel and grounds with a nice pool
Breakfast was only mediocre and expensive for selection as compared to other hotels
Kitchenette in the room was completely non functional including the sink
Somewhat hard to find without a GPS
No restaurants nearby, you will have to eat somewhere before you come back
No do not disturb service
Charge for pool towels, Really?
A/C was basically non functional, one small a/c unit for a two very large rooms, a control wouldn't let you lower it beyond "cool" in an attempt for them to save money. I hope they don't respond to this and say they would move us if we would have asked, the bottom line is your guests should be comfortable in any room at any time of year. This may not be as much of an issue if you are not staying in the summer months.
The shower was a joke, we stayed in smaller hotels with less stars that had much much better showers. A rickady accordian style shower without any place to even place your soap, the hot water is in and out the entire shower.
So in summary, if you are willing to give up some conveniences for a great Tuscan location than this is the hotel for you. Personally I wouldn't go back, I would rather roll the dice on another place. Many of the reviews seem enthralled with the look of this place, which is great but not worth overlooking some of the basics a hotel at this price and with this number or stars should have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Bigozzi, one of the oldest and embattled castles of this area, rises in the land of Strove.In the Middle Ages this castle belonged to the ancestors of the ancient noble Montanini Family. Its coats of arms well relates its history: a red shield, like the earth that surrounds it, a black lion, symbol of courage and battles, glory and defeat .Historical chronicles in fact report that it was a place of refuge and protection for Ghibelline troops. Today, Castel Bigozzi is a hotel residence, offering hospitality to guests from the four corners of the world.A place of antique charm, immersed in the stillness of the Tuscan countryside, where you will feel enveloped by the warmth of the hospitable environment and by the richness of a land that speaks the language of Art, History, Nature and Traditions. An ideal place to find peace and to spend a totally relaxing holiday, in a land that never fails to surprise all year around.To Nature lovers this area offers many pathways for outings on foot, mountain bike or on horseback, following trails of bygone days, bringing the wanderer to breath-taking landscapes like the famous "Crete" of Siena (the Senese Clavey Hills), the Chianti, or one of the many thermal springs of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Castel Bigozzi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Castel Bigozzi
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany