“Worst service I've ever experienced”
Review of Restaurante Filipe

Restaurante Filipe
Ranked #17 of 127 Restaurants in Sesimbra
Price range: US$18 - US$37
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We visited this place for dinner and the description under the item I had ordered had the description of ' monk fish, shrimp, pineapple kebab' but when it arrived it also had several large chunks of ham. I don't eat ham due to religious reasons and when I explained to the staff they simply smirked and just didn't care whatsoever and said that's what I ordered.
I was very disappointed by their service as they did not even attempt to rectify the situation and to top it all off I was also charged extra for the salad that came with.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We went there before sailing to Barbados West Indies. What a meal~~We will go back just to eat there. Fresh fish~lobster~razor clams~snails & they know how to cook all. Right on the beach~wonderful waiters~~go there for sure!!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

While the fish we ate was ok (mackerel and swordfish), the restaurant could be a lot better with the service and how they serve their dishes. Instead of bringing the food all at the same time it came in quite uncoordinated way. The fish doesn't comes only with boiled potatoes, it's the first time I see fish being served in such a bland way. The service wasn't particularly warm or welcoming but the waiter did have a smile, even if rather uninterested. Not one of my favorite restaurants in sesimbra.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

We had excellent food at this restaurant. Our waiter, who spoke very good English, was helpful and sociable. We did feel that the other waiters were not at all sociable with us, they concentrated on the locals, which made us feel slightly aggrieved.

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Tried the squid and shrimp mix with bacon and was really good, but not enough. We paid 13eur for it - overpriced for the quantity presented I think. On the other hand my girlfriend asked for mackerel and there was plenty of food there - maybe too much.
Staff could be more friendly but no red flags.