“Good value fish 🐟 ”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the village twice during our holiday and ate both times at this restaurant which was consistent both times good dorado and grilled salmon at good prices would go again and recommend to all

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We tried a handful of fish restaurants in Sesimbra (only those that could accommodate a group of 16) and were able to compare the quality of the food. Filipe's seafood (shellfish) rice and monkfish rice were the tastiest and best of the week, the sauce being much richer than that experienced in the other restaurants. Surprisingly, the price was lower than other restaurants too, representing excellent value for money.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I live close to Sesimbra, and first ate at a restaurant when a friend came to visit. We had really good grilled fish, and instead going for one of the wines on the list, asked for a carafe of house wine, which we got and which was both nice and very inexpensive. I went back a week ago with my little girl, we had salmon and salad, both really good, they come with boiled potatoes, and I ordered a side salad which was nice and really cheap - it was a 'half' serving and was about €1.20, they put some lovely marinated green peppers on top, which made it a little more interesting than the usual Portuguese salad of lettuce, tomato and onion. The salmon was €8 and the swordfish €13, both simply grilled but really nice. Views of the beach/sea/sunset were lovely. As I was with my daughter we ate early - about 6.30pm, and it was quiet, service was very good, friendly and not pushy. The restaurant has a great location and it would be easy for them to overcharge, but they don't! Lovely place.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Loved our meal, my husband still raves about the swordfish dish with crab sauce!!!! I enjoyed my BBQ seafood skewer, good to see locals dine here

Reviewed 8 September 2016

We have been lucky to travel to sesimbra every year for the last 16 years and every year we eat at Filipes and are never disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere and senor Filipe and his staff are warm and welcoming. A real treasure and a place we will be going to for years to come.