“AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL”
Review of Algarve Seafaris

Algarve Seafaris
Ranked #19 of 23 Tours in Vilamoura
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Never again. Worst experiance ever. 7 of us went on a boat trip and it was a complete waste of time. The staff were rude and we didnt get to do as was described.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had booked on line and on arrival gave my paperwork to the lady who checked on the computer and said we board at 10h30 and gave us boarding passes. Stood in que from 10h15 and when going through the gate was told our boat had left at 10h00 Was told to have a drink while they sorted out transport to our hotel, which had not collected us, and had arrived by taxi. I asked if any other tours which there was so did a shorter one with no offer of price reduction.On return at 18h00 went up to the bus and the driver dropped everyone off at their hotels and when we were the last on the bus was told not taking us to our hotel and had to get off in the middle of a strange town and did not know where we were.Disgusted and will be notifying the Tourism Department if they have one

3  Thank robinrowen
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We had the misfortune to take the Beach Bar BQ cruise with Algarve Seafaris last week.
This was advertised as a six and a half hour cruise which would include a tour along the Algarve coast with points of interest being pointed out by the crew, a tour of the sea caves (yes PLURAL), a beach BBQ on a secluded beach only accessible from the sea, with time for swimming culminating in a return journey that should bring us past an area frequented by dolphins. Sounds nice? Yeah. Unfortunately reality deviated quite a bit from this ideal.
The "points of interest" amounted to an announcement over the boat's Tannoy of various beaches that we were passing. Big deal.
But things got worse. The sea caves tour was a joke. I think the boat went in through a single Sea Arch and that was pretty much it.
We were eventually transferred to a beach by a couple of small RIBS that the Catamaran had in tow. I remember looking in horror at the beach as we approached. Reason? We had not thought of bringing a parasol with us and there was not a single shaded area on the entire beach. On the day we went, the temperature must have been approaching 40 deg.C. Not very pleasant really.
The BBQ was served up after about an hour. It was adequate, though nothing to write home about. Whilst eating, I was somewhat amused to notice a good few people walking down onto our "secluded" beach from the fields above.
We must have spent at least another hour waiting for the RIBS to collect us and bring us back to the boat. I never thought time could go so slowly!
On the way back, I thought we might at least get to see some of the dolphins. On the basis of what had already happened on the trip, with hindsight, that was really kind of silly of me. Sure enough, perfectly to form, NO DOLPHINS. Not that the crew went out of their way to find them either.
All in all, I think this trip was a shocking rip off, a waste of time and really poor value for money.
We could have found so many other better things to do on what was the final day of an otherwise enjoyablle holiday.

5  Thank pinkfloydfan2016
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

And I guess catching on a fishing trip is an added bonus because it is never guaranteed.

We booked a 40 euro per person (including the licence fee of 5 euro) 3 hour reef fishing trip departing at 4pm. We left Vilamoura Marina a few minutes late and overall the trip ran a little late, but that was no real problem as we did not have a dinner booked later. Be careful if you do though!

It was a no frills affair and "reef" appears to be a bit of poetic licence as I did not see one. We chugged out at about 15kph for a good 40 minutes and then dropped anchor.

A guy came round with some squid as bait and set up the rods. No real tuition, but if you have done any fishing it is fairly self explanatory.

Within minutes someone had caught a fish, nothing spectacular, but a couple of pounds and from then on, we and our fellow anglers pulled out fish of varying sizes continuously for the next hour or so.

I caught 3 and my 14 year old son caught 2 so we got to experience fishing including the catching and baiting. The fish were quite small so do not expect to be wrestling 20lb tuna out of the ocean (I am sure there is a trip for that) but overall it was exactly what it said on the blurb albeit that I couldn't see a reef!!

2  Thank thereisnoessexway
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I wouldn,t bother with this one. 46 euros for two people to basically chugg up the coast look at a hole in the cliff and chugg back. There is little or no info from the staff on what you are passing seeing etc. Some of the passengers paid extra to take a glass bottomed boat into the cave whilst the rest of us were allowed to swim by the boat. I asked how it was on there return after about 10 mins, waste of time and money i was told. They were also asked to pay 10 euros for a photo of them in the boat with the background that could have been anywhere in the algarve. The boat blurb states that you head back via the dolphin areas but ther eis little chance of this as they dont go out that far. Crew didnt engage the whole way through bit when we went to get off the boat there was a tips box to donate in!!! to top a bad day off we has to wait an hour for transport to take us back to the hotel. RIP OFF

2  Thank cal14nia