All reviews fridge freezer self catering villamoura marina relaxing holiday free shuttle short break supermarket algarve
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Being 4 men celebrating reaching our 40s we found our apartment to be exactly what we needed.
Friendly welcome at reception followed by a tour of the hotel and brief introduction to the area.
Our apartment was fairly basic but clean with a kitchen, for £50 a night we weren't expecting the Ritz and we thought it was great value for money.
Reception very helpful when booking taxis to the golf which cost €15 return and also the marina which we walked to and from on the 1st night but at €8 to taxi we felt we would save our legs the 2.5km walk for the other nights.
Pool and it's surrounding were clean and there were enough sunbed not to be fighting to get one.
Reasonably priced bar close to the pool €10 for 4 pints of beer.
The place had a nice relaxed calm feel about it.
Perfect place for us definitely recommend if you are looking for good priced accommodation were you are spending most of the time outside rather than in.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leeroy1003
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Don't get me wrong overall we had a very pleasant time, stunning beaches, lively marina, decent restaurants but the hotel as a whole was slightly disappointing. We were in the Oasis Village part of this 3 part complex: Parque Mourabel and Pe Do Lago being the other 2 parts (you could end up in any one of the 3 parts). Parque Mourabel is directly opposite Oasis Village and houses the nearest pool. Pe Do Lago is a 2 minute walk down on same road and houses another pool which you can use. We only visited as that also housed the nearest shop and had a cafe. Parque Mourabel is where the reception was plus a luggage room. Parque Mourabel also had the resort main restaurant catering for breakfasts, lunch/snacks and dinner both buffet which was decent and a la carte menu. Oasis Village didn't have anything on its part of the site just apartments. All the grounds were well kept and outside area seemed clean and free of rubbish.

Now for the apartment: We were on the top floor of this 3 floor block which meant taking on 7 flight of stairs, there was no lift so probably not ideal for people who struggle with stairs. The room itself was best described as adequate. It was of a good size and livable but desperately tired and in need of a thorough spruce up. The open plan living area was spacious with two sofa beds, usable kitchen, with fridge freezer, oven and microwave with all utensils. The bathroom was good, shower was a bit weak though. There were two bedrooms one with a double the other with 2 singles. Both bedrooms had wardrobes which also doubled up as storage areas plus 2 chests of drawers in each. The twin room had a small balcony of it with a table & chairs. The biggest downside of the room was there was no air conditioning. I am not going to moan about it as I could've asked to change room but I couldn't be bothered in all honesty and yes, I sweated like a pig for the whole week with just 3 fans to make a vain attempt at cooling you down. As they say, if you don't ask you don't get so if no air con is a high priority then I'd ask for an upgrade.

As for the staff: in general they were friendly and polite but one disappointment was the lack of any sort of welcome/information pack, Yes the reception staff would help if you asked but could save themselves hassle by having an info pack .

Location wise, the surrounding area in generally quiet. A 5-10 minute walk down road is small, dates complex which has a couple of pubs, two restaurants and a Spar supermarket plus a cash machine. There is an Indian restaurant adjacent to Oasis Village, we never went but it is there.
The nearest main area is Vilamoura Marina which is approximately 30 mins walk away. Cabs can be ordered through reception and cost €4-6 & takes about 10 mins depending on time of day. Quarteira is about a 20 min cab journey and is better for a day at the beach than the beach at Vilamoura which has very little in the way of nearby facilities. The nearest water park is the Aquashow Park which is about a 15 min cab journey

All in all, like I say we had a nice break an the apartment never spoilt it which is fine by me. Would I recommend? yes, if your happy to have somewhere to relax by a pool and do very little but if your looking for a more lively time I would personally look for somewhere closer to Marina area where there are restaurants and shops to cater for most likes or in Quarteira if you're wanting a proper beach holiday. If you're into golf the hotel almost backs on to a course and plenty of other are within a short car journey.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Langers_Stu
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for an RCI exchange vacation. Thoroughly unimpressed. The restaurant had subpar food and allowed smoking, which made it unpleasant. Very far from beach. Our unit was outdated and had an ant infestation issue.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tuhawkeye
Reviewed May 21, 2017

Just got back from this resort, spent 2 weeks. A very relaxing holiday, peace and quiet. Its not for the party crew as local bars and entertainment were non existent but that suited us. Rented a car foe first week and saw quite a bit of the Algarve and the local villages. The marina was a waste of time and very expensive, full of arrogant prats with cravats and sailor suits. Our room was great and kept clean and tidy every day by the staff....and as for the single beds, it was good to get some matress to myself for a change lol.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank billfoggon
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

I am a Wyndham Timeshare owner and this is the worst timeshare I have ever stayed in! On arrival, we were charged 50 euros for "electricity and water". What the actual f? My boyfriend and I were made to sleep in two single beds which were extremely uncomfortable. Staff were rude and never even asked, "How are you?" or "How was your stay?" Definitely not recommending this so-called resort to any person or family.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family