1,928 results
All reviewssea viewvila galejunior suitesmall kitchenexcellent locationpool arealovely hotelroom safebed and breakfastbus stopbars and restaurantsgolfing holidayplenty of choicereception stafftennis courtsshort walk to the marinaplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed April 8, 2016

Booked directly with hotel as I am in a wheelchair and always like to make sure I ask the best questions and of course receive decent answers. From the start the hotel were excellent in returning my mails and answering and advising me appropriately. My wife and I always struggle to get a family room that is accessible for us and our twins. The room allocated was excellent with choice of shower room and a separate bathroom with bath (which I prefer). It had loads of space and a lovely view towards the sea and the marina. One down side was that other Junior Suites have a small kitchen area where the accessible shower is now located in this only accessible room.
The hotel generally is accessible to all areas, again one small issue is a little corridor tour through staff areas on a lower level to get to the spa and indoor pool, which is not accessible unless you are mobile on your feet.
This time of year there were no issues getting sun beds by the pool, or getting seats at the bar. We did not try the evening meals as we booked B&B only but were told by other guests that they enjoyed it. Breakfasts were good with enough choice and always plenty of staff around topping up all the serving stations.
Obviously a great resort for golfers and this time of year there plenty of groups milling around, the on site golf advisor was very helpful with my questions although it was sad to find there are no facilities at all for wheelchair golfers in any of the courses in Vilamoura.
The hotel is located brilliantly for access to the beach (all,accessible via board walks onto the sand with a chair to get you to the sea if your brave enough), all beach bars had Ramps and we especially enjoyed the one called Oteiro, the marina was a 3 minute push away with huge choice of restaurants and all again accessible. Some of the ones off the Marina are 'accessible' but require some effort to get too, but once there are well worth it. I've enclosed a picture. The roads around the marina are brilliant for propelling. Quiteira is just along the front in the opposite direction and worth going, propelling that way was more difficult as someone in their wisdom decided to spread sand all over lovely paving slabs. You can push for a few miles this was along the sea front past the fish market but some of the paving is uneven. I preferred to go past the marina and out the other way towards the golf clubs where the paths were excellent.
Finally our taxi transfers from the airport organised by the hotel with WOW Chauffer were excellent to deal with and we used them a few times to get to the Equestrian event and back, and Walter and his team Fluffy and Captain slow were all brilliant.
All in all we are definitely going back to the hotel and resort which is something we don't do often. Thank you all.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank ker262016
Reviewed April 7, 2016

ust returned from a 4 night stay at the Vila Gale Ampalius, which was a pleasant suprise because I thought my wife had booked the Vila Gale Marina. Whist I can't comment on the Marina Hotel (It is only a stones through from the Ampalius) I can say the Ampalius is excellently located for all of Vilamoura's delights.

It is clean comfortable, good breakfast spread, the indoor pool was nice and the encompassed health spa gym thing looked good too. The outdoor pool and area looked nice, though I wasn't brave enough to try the water.

The room/suite we had was wonderful and I think you could've slept 6 if needed! It had a kitchen, 3 bathrooms, a lounge, two good sized bedrooms and 2 balconies.

Great Hotel that I'd be hard pushed to find fault with.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank shanecon
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now. Great place to stay, close to the beach and only a few minutes walk from the marina.

I have always found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful at all times!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iain B
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Excellent location. Just visited with a group of 7 all under 30. Right by the Marina, 20 minute taxi ride to albefeira for some night life but great to stay somewhere relaxing. Lovely bars and restaurants on the marina. Would highly recommend. Great rooms very clean.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucybear25
Reviewed April 4, 2016

Stayed here as a group of 8 people from 27th of March until 3rd of April. Superb breakfast and very conveniently located next to the beach and close to the marina. Staff are extremely helpful and would particularly like to thank Suzanne and David for their assistance during our stay. It is definitley worth paying a little more for the sea view rooms as they are a bigger and the bigger balcony makes a big difference. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Worth paying more for superior sea view rooms
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends