Went to Viamede for the first time in Oct 2015. Had a fantastic time. Rooms are comfortable and clean and staff is exceptional. That being said this is not a new resort and if you are expecting modern luxuries you will be disappointed. If you are like us and just want a clean and comfortable room to stay in while you explore nature and all its glories then this is the place for you.
All stays include an amazing breakfast that we couldn't even finish. We had a fresh omelette made with sauteed peppers and goat cheese and maple walnut waffles served with fresh fruit.
Also included in the stay was a full recreation program. There was canoeing, hiking, crafts, movie nights, campfires complete with smores and visits to feed the animals on the resort owned farm up the road.
The views are beautiful and you can get a great view of the sunset over Stoney lake for those romantics out there.
A+ to Ben and his team. Special thanks to Michelle and Deana for keeping us entertained and just generally being good people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort North Kawartha, Ontario