We just had 4 specular nights there. While the cottage was rustic it was very comfortable and right on the lake. The place is dog friendly and, as such, we were in heaven. A golden rescue outfit was there for a bbq on Saturday with 150 dogs, with some from Istambul! Don't let this scare you if you are a not a dog person. This happens once a year. The lake is peaceful and warm with a nice little sandy beach. Kayaks and canoes free on the beach. A campfire is lit almost every night and they deliver the makings for s'mores! While an amazing hamburger and Caesar salad is served at the boathouse resto, Mount Julian restaurant is in an 19 century house and is more than extradoninary. Ingredients are sourced nearby and make for a shockingly sophisticated cottage country meal. Heirloom tomatoes, rabbit, forest mushrooms, trout, pickerel, squash, and beef. Vegetarian on request. I defy you not to enjoy the cricket and frog sounds on your nighttime walk back to your room. The hiking trails have warnings for wildlife and are lovely. Saw a deer. There is a transplanted 19century chapel on site that is enchanting. Wine tastings from local vineyards, and they have their own farm that they have a little tour of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort North Kawartha, Ontario