I wanted to plan a romantic getaway for my boyfriend's birthday this year, and I'm so happy we stayed at Viamede.
I booked an Academy package, that included a shuttle ride to and from Union (took the hassle out of getting to and from), complimentary breakfasts, lunch and dinner vouchers, two night stay and a Photography workshop. It was a fantastic value.
Our room was much more than what we were expecting - - very large and clean, and the fireplace gave the evenings a perfect ambiance. We stayed during the off season, so there weren't as many seasonal activities. We really enjoyed the trails and boardgames. It was a really nice way to disconnect from city life.
We also dined at Mount Julian for a 7-dish tastings menu with wine pairings. This was by far the highlight of the stay, the food was fantastic and highlighted many local ingredients. The dining room itself had a lot of character.
Lastly, the staff we dealt with were very friendly and accommodating - - we had a bad habit of walking into the dining room 20 mins after the kitchen closed, but they happily reopened for us. A special shout out to Dani (who helped booked the package and greeted us when we arrived) and Ben (who served us at Mount Julian). It was a perfect weekend, and I know we will be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort North Kawartha, Ontario