Viamede Resort
US$56
Burleigh Falls Inn(Burleigh Falls)
US$139
Sword Motor Inn(Bancroft)
US$110
US$110
US$71
Nomi Resort(Harcourt)
US$98
All reviewsstoney lakedining roomon siteindoor poolthe pubmain buildingmount juliansausagebedroom cottagecourse tasting menuwater trampolinelong weekendboat househiking trailscottage countrybeautiful locationfood was amazing
Reviewed October 20, 2016

Last week of September 2015.

First we selected perfect four days of the week - weather was great everyday which made this conference with co-workers so much more productive, educational and fun. We stayed in cottages which were very pretty good. I had great sleep in my double bunk bed ( would love to come back here with family as they are perfect for family of four). Our conference room was big enough to fit us all and we still a lot of room to move around and enjoy team building activities.
Food was great, I enjoy great selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
At night we had other hotel activities ( like canoeing and kayaking on the lake which was great as water was calm and view was so amazing). Fire pit to warm up at night and one of our co-workers had big enough cottage which allow for all us to get together and enjoy each other company after work time. Separate from main
If you are looking for nice, quit and private place to have conference this place is it. I would even bring my family to enjoy summer vacation too.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Dear Sharpe4,

Thank you for your review.

We enjoyed hosting your group in September, and yes what great weather we had! We are so glad to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay and that you plan top return with your family.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

We had a massive king suite on the hill. It had two balconies, a double sided fireplace, living room, separate bedroom with soaker tub and bathroom. Even a small kitchen area with fridge and microwave. The morning breakfast was included. It was a nice buffet with an ok selection. The sausages were amazing but scrambled eggs a bit rubbery but it was included so that was fine. Each night they had a bonfire with smores. Such a nice touch. Our room # was 314. Only suggestion would be to stock the kitchen area with some plates and cutlery. It is a big area so there is room. There was a gentleman there that worked the front desk and served us at Mount Julian. He is either the owner or manager. His service was top notch and took care of anything we needed. We even had Stoney Lake Spa come and do massage therapy in our room. Go to Mount Julian for dinner. It is so good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Majica101,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,

We are glad you enjoyed your suite and your stay with us, yes; this time of year is especially beautiful with the colours, and we love to share this with our guests.

Thanks so much for the shout out! it was a pleasure to meet you and serve you at Mt Julian.

In terms of your comments for improving the suite- these are appreciated and noted!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

I grew up on Stoney Lake and Thanksgiving at Stoney Lake, one last kick at the can before putting the boat away is non-negotiable for me, however this year my parents place was stacked to the rafters with visiting family and it happened to be our 10th anniversary. Somehow sleeping on an air mattress or pull out couch didn't seem very romantic! So we decided to treat ourselves and book a cabin at Viamede resort so we could relax and escape all the family!

How fantastic the whole place is completely dog friendly - with a doggie swimming hole and fully-fenced dog park - a must for hounds.

All of the staff we encountered were wonderful, kind and generous. The activities were fantastic and laid back. We had a farm tour and wine tasting with Ben the charming GM, we hiked, swam in the stunning new indoor/outdoor pool and used the steam rooms and saunas.

We did not get a chance to eat in the Inn at Mount Julian (curse me for dragging my feet on making the reservation!) but the resort breakfasts included were great (I mean come on when is a chafing dish full of bacon a bad idea?) and the Thanksgiving buffet featuring turkeys from the farm in the dining room was wonderful. Amazing smoked fishes to start, the best turkey I've had in ages and possibly the best pumpkin pie ever (filled with maple syrup I think and a short crust)!

The Boat House pub was nice - the cheese board is amazing value - local cheeses, honey and a wild blueberry preserve. My husband really enjoyed his burger. My fish and chips came with a sumac tartar sauce which was really unique and tasty.

The only faults I had were the slightly temperamental coffee machine in the dining room and that there were some scuffs and things on the walls in our cabin and our shower curtain could stand to be replaced. BUT it's the end of a busy summer season and I suspect this wear and tear will be cleaned up over the winter. Other than that it was a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Cabins are mostly all a water view, just a couple are behind so ask when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Shana H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Viamede Resort and for your glowing review!

We are so happy to have helped in the celebration of you and your husbands 10th anniversary, and very glad you enjoyed your stay. We agree; lots of bacon is always a good idea!
Sorry to hear about the coffee machine giving you a hard time, we have been able to solve this issue and is making yummy cappuccinos again!

It was great to meet the two of you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

I stayed in the main building for 2 nights in September. The room was decent, although could do with a little tlc (old buildings always do) and cleaning around the edgings needed a bit more attention but I slept well both nights.

I dined at both the on-site restaurant and the fine dining establishment. The fine dining was a very enjoyable experience and worth the money. The on-site restaurant is a lot more basic but good for families.

I enjoyed the provision of free facilities: rowing, swimming pool, gym, fishing equipment, cocktail lessons, etc. All this encourages you to actually try and do many things whilst there. I also went for a couple of runs in the grounds nearby and a gentle hike with the owner Ben and his two dogs!

I would happily stay here again, perhaps 3 nights next time so that I can spend a bit more time both relaxing and doing activities.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JDOutterson

Dear JDOutterson,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding housekeeping, we have recently done a large overhaul of "sprucing up" areas of the resort, and deep cleaning which we think has improved the areas you are referring to.

I am also happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of the activities we offer, we like to keep things interesting and offer fun new things for our guests.

Thanks for coming along on our hike, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I love the atmosphere of Viamede as it is welcoming and relaxed and not at all stuffy or pretentious. The food is plentiful and much of it is locally grown. Our room 607 was spacious and our beds were very comfortable. The room was a bit sparse in furniture and could use a table and chairs. The coffee was not great throughout the resort but the wine and beer were varied and of craft quality. We loved the pool and took advantage of the hiking trails and the rec centre. I would definitely visit again and I can't wait for the opportunity.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Alannaking,

Thank you for your review!
We do boast ourselves on being a personable and homey resort - so thank you for mentioning that.

I am glad to hear you took advantage of the property and enjoyed yourselves, we hope to see you back again soon!