All reviewslong weekendbeautiful locationstoney lakedining roomindoor poolon sitethe pubmain buildingsausageboat housecourse tasting menubedroom cottagewater trampolineattention to detailhiking trailscottage countryfood was amazing
Reviewed November 14, 2016

Was very concerned about the safety of the resort. The dock railing snapped in half leaving my husband falling into the Rocky water ruining his wallet, cell phone and hurting his hand. the irony was he reaching to pull out a resort chair. The resort staff and management didn't do anything about it. Didn't reply to voice mails or emails, then months later said they can't be responsible for guests ruining cell phones. Just didn't get the point.

I stayed at viamede for years and have now seen a significant decline in the upkeep and customer service in the resort.

This is the first review I have ever written. That's how disappointing this resort has become. What a shame. Nice location, but without safety and customer services, it won't survive.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank shelleywoods05
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2016

Dear Shelley,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Safety is very important to us and we inspect the docks regularly, ensuring that the metal posts are structurally sound. We will certainly inspect them again when we install in the spring. If you have any further concerns, please do contact me directly.

Ben Samann

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Stayed in 3 bedroom cottage with my family 2 year in a row. Staff very friendly although you need to sometimes remind them when in a cottage to vacuum or provide you with items. The cottages could you a supervisor to review between cleaning from client to client. Buffet was always hot and with fresh fruit ... basic but delicious and included no one need to cook next morning. Loved it with 3 adult daughters and partners!! New pool was a great addition with sauna and was super for the granddaughter. Lake toys are getting worn out but always free and available. We cooked with the chef and went to the spirit tasting each evening... Fun! Outdoor pool great option for those lay around lazy afternoons but liner needed repair. Overall it's a rural 1960's style Resort and that I love; they just need to pay more attention to overall cleaning being a sandy location in a dense forested area and this could be resolved by a senior housekeeping manager. I love the people and the area so I will go back again!

Room Tip: Great views from the cottages on the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Dear suesherban,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry to hear we were not reaching our typical housekeeping standards in your cottage.

We take every review and comment seriously and appreciate your feed back to make our resort even better.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Growing up about an hour from Viamede resort, this was always a place to escape for my parents. As we got older, we joined our parents for restaurant visits and walks around the grounds. Viamede has such a welcoming feel for me! I was engaged in 2014 and my bridal party planned a weekend away at Viamede as my Bachelorette. I was driven there blind folded for total surprise! They had rented a lovely cottage right beside the beach with enough room for all of us. We brought in our own dinner (booze of course) and let the fun unfold.

We quickly took advantage of the beach and even joined in a water fight with some young kids. The stand up paddle boards were great fun! We dried off in the sun, gazing out onto Stoney Lake. We ate the first night's meal in our cottage and then ventured out onto the grounds in the dark to see the moon on the water.

Breakfast each morning was in the main dining hall and was fabulous- as was the staff. We joined in on feeding the farm animals and even herded turkeys! We spent time relaxing by the pool, acting like children again, and of course we spent a lot of time just freely being ourselves in this welcoming environment.

I had always wanted to be married in the little church on the property, but due to restrictions on our part we couldn't. This didn't stop my girls from hosting a mock wedding in the church, where my MC stood up for my husband to be, and my mom acted as a Minister. There are photos and a video to commemorate this event. It was all too perfect!

All along the way the staff was great (especially Jumping Jen, and the poor guy who had to fix our door when we couldn't figure out how to open it- you BRAVE SOUL for entering Bachelorette head quarters). We will be back Viamede!!!

Room Tip: Cottages provide private comfort!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Dear jennalbw,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us this summer. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your surprise Bachelorette at Viamede. Sounds like you went home with some great stories and memories with your friends.

We certainly look forward to having you back again one day soon for some more fun.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Our first time here - we will be back
The built in 1885 resort has a lot of charm that welcomes you to relax. Wonderful trails, indoor-outdoor pool with sauna and steam room. The crackling fire always burning in the hall with its comfortable couch & chairs made enjoying a good book wonderful. The 24/7 coffee machine :-). Everything you can imagine is there for you to help enjoy your stay (not extra fees)
Can't say enough about the great (local raised & grown) food. If you are coming, hope you do, do not miss the 5, 7 or 9 course dinners at the Inn (which is part of the resort). We had with wine pairings.
If you have a question call, the staff are all eager to make your stay - all about you.
Thanks

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daydream351913
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us!

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you were able to relax and take advantage of The Club (our lounge).

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

I wanted to plan a romantic getaway for my boyfriend's birthday this year, and I'm so happy we stayed at Viamede.

I booked an Academy package, that included a shuttle ride to and from Union (took the hassle out of getting to and from), complimentary breakfasts, lunch and dinner vouchers, two night stay and a Photography workshop. It was a fantastic value.

Our room was much more than what we were expecting - - very large and clean, and the fireplace gave the evenings a perfect ambiance. We stayed during the off season, so there weren't as many seasonal activities. We really enjoyed the trails and boardgames. It was a really nice way to disconnect from city life.

We also dined at Mount Julian for a 7-dish tastings menu with wine pairings. This was by far the highlight of the stay, the food was fantastic and highlighted many local ingredients. The dining room itself had a lot of character.

Lastly, the staff we dealt with were very friendly and accommodating - - we had a bad habit of walking into the dining room 20 mins after the kitchen closed, but they happily reopened for us. A special shout out to Dani (who helped booked the package and greeted us when we arrived) and Ben (who served us at Mount Julian). It was a perfect weekend, and I know we will be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Dear Jennette,

We enjoyed having you and your boyfriend for our Photography Academy this past weekend!
We are glad to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and this package.

Thanks for the shout outs! Dani, myself, and the rest of the staff agree; it was a pleasure to meet you both.

Hope to see you again soon.