All reviews long weekend beautiful location stoney lake dining room indoor pool on site main building the pub mount julian sausage boat house water trampoline course tasting menu bedroom cottage hiking trails view of the lake cottage country
Reviewed January 27, 2017

Just under two hours away from Toronto, visiting Viamede Resort was a lovely weekend break.
Quiet in January, it felt like we had the resort to ourselves, except for the friendly staff.
The accommodation was nice - the kind size bed was very comfy. The breakfast each day was really tasty with huge portions. We enjoyed their 7-course tasting menu at the next door Mt. Julian which was excellent.
I would love to come back in the summer to spend more time outdoors on their extensive property.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and we hope to see you in the summer!

Cheers!

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Just there for a short business conference in December after a few stressful weeks. The food served was delicious, with seasonal vegetables and several options to choose from. Room was spacious and clean. The best part was at the end of the day I used the gym and pool area. The gym is new with plenty of equipment and natural light. I spent the evening between the sauna, steam room and indoor/outdoor pool. It was so relaxing! There is a 24/7 den area with many board games, couches, and wood fireplace. There is a great view of the lake.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Dear Erin,

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and made ample use of the sauna, gym and pool!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Was very concerned about the safety of the resort. The dock railing snapped in half leaving my husband falling into the Rocky water ruining his wallet, cell phone and hurting his hand. the irony was he reaching to pull out a resort chair. The resort staff and management didn't do anything about it. Didn't reply to voice mails or emails, then months later said they can't be responsible for guests ruining cell phones. Just didn't get the point.

I stayed at viamede for years and have now seen a significant decline in the upkeep and customer service in the resort.

This is the first review I have ever written. That's how disappointing this resort has become. What a shame. Nice location, but without safety and customer services, it won't survive.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank shelleywoods05
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2016

Dear Shelley,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Safety is very important to us and we inspect the docks regularly, ensuring that the metal posts are structurally sound. We will certainly inspect them again when we install in the spring. If you have any further concerns, please do contact me directly.

Ben Samann

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Stayed in 3 bedroom cottage with my family 2 year in a row. Staff very friendly although you need to sometimes remind them when in a cottage to vacuum or provide you with items. The cottages could you a supervisor to review between cleaning from client to client. Buffet was always hot and with fresh fruit ... basic but delicious and included no one need to cook next morning. Loved it with 3 adult daughters and partners!! New pool was a great addition with sauna and was super for the granddaughter. Lake toys are getting worn out but always free and available. We cooked with the chef and went to the spirit tasting each evening... Fun! Outdoor pool great option for those lay around lazy afternoons but liner needed repair. Overall it's a rural 1960's style Resort and that I love; they just need to pay more attention to overall cleaning being a sandy location in a dense forested area and this could be resolved by a senior housekeeping manager. I love the people and the area so I will go back again!

Room tip: Great views from the cottages on the lake.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ViamedeResort, General Manager at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Dear suesherban,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry to hear we were not reaching our typical housekeeping standards in your cottage.

We take every review and comment seriously and appreciate your feed back to make our resort even better.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Growing up about an hour from Viamede resort, this was always a place to escape for my parents. As we got older, we joined our parents for restaurant visits and walks around the grounds. Viamede has such a welcoming feel for me! I was engaged in 2014 and my bridal party planned a weekend away at Viamede as my Bachelorette. I was driven there blind folded for total surprise! They had rented a lovely cottage right beside the beach with enough room for all of us. We brought in our own dinner (booze of course) and let the fun unfold.

We quickly took advantage of the beach and even joined in a water fight with some young kids. The stand up paddle boards were great fun! We dried off in the sun, gazing out onto Stoney Lake. We ate the first night's meal in our cottage and then ventured out onto the grounds in the dark to see the moon on the water.

Breakfast each morning was in the main dining hall and was fabulous- as was the staff. We joined in on feeding the farm animals and even herded turkeys! We spent time relaxing by the pool, acting like children again, and of course we spent a lot of time just freely being ourselves in this welcoming environment.

I had always wanted to be married in the little church on the property, but due to restrictions on our part we couldn't. This didn't stop my girls from hosting a mock wedding in the church, where my MC stood up for my husband to be, and my mom acted as a Minister. There are photos and a video to commemorate this event. It was all too perfect!

All along the way the staff was great (especially Jumping Jen, and the poor guy who had to fix our door when we couldn't figure out how to open it- you BRAVE SOUL for entering Bachelorette head quarters). We will be back Viamede!!!

Room tip: Cottages provide private comfort!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear jennalbw,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us this summer. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your surprise Bachelorette at Viamede. Sounds like you went home with some great stories and memories with your friends.

We certainly look forward to having you back again one day soon for some more fun.