Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews stoney lake dining room indoor pool on site main building bedroom cottage mount julian boat house sausage boathouse pub hiking trails course meal cottage country wine pairing jacuzzi tub view of the lake food was amazing
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2019

What a wonderful time we had for a NYE getaway!

From the moment we drove onto the property grounds, we were in awe at the beauty that surrounds the Resort. The happy and sincere welcome by Ben and the staff were enough to let us know we were in for a wonderful 3 days! Once we were told the history, we saw so many beautiful details. The staff doesn't even have to try to be pleasant, helpful, courteous ... I do believe that they were born to be there! :-D

The food? Wow!
Atmosphere? Wow!
Rooms (with wood burning fireplace)? Wow!

We will be back in the summer to sample the rest of the resort!

Thank you all for a very enjoyable and memorable stay!! oxoxo

Date of stay: December 2018
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Thanks for your review Mimi! We're so glad you had a wonderful time for your New Year's Eve and look forward to welcoming you back for the warmer weather.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

I first stayed at Viamede in '95 for my honeymoon. I recall staying in one of the cabins and loved it. I recently had the opportunity to return for a one night stay in the main lodge and loved it! Ben and staff are incredibly helpful and friendly - making sure my stay was memorable. I highly recommend Mt. Julian's pairing menu. Incredible, local food and drink - paired to perfection. Thanks so much Ben! Hugs to Daisy and Toby!

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the review and we're so glad you had a great stay!

Reviewed December 29, 2018

It was our first time here and I didn’t read the reviews until after we booked. Sounds like those who are salty about Viamede are high maintenance types. If you’re like me, someone who likes casual but a bit higher-end than rustic with genuine service, then you’ll have a great time at Viamede.

The trails were quiet and about 9km of them. Plenty for an afternoon of wandering in the forest. Would have loved to ice skate the lake but the ice was not thick enough.

The indoor/outdoor pool was just delightful. Could have liked it a tad warmer. Stunning views from the sauna. Just, stunning.

Dinner at 1885 was very delicious and decent portion sizes. Breakfast was okay. Sadly our stay was during the week so we could not go to Mount Julian. Communal areas are cozy and because the resort wasn’t too busy during our stay, my spouse and I spent the whole evening after dinner sitting by the fire with our wine.

Our room in the main building was a good size and according to my smart watch metrics, I slept better than I had all week. Super comfy bed, and bathroom was more than decent. Decor on the dated side of things but that’s only if you care about that. Would have been nice to have a private patio, as all the rooms on the ground floor connect to the same patio. We were totally fine with this, but I can see how some may be not be cool with it. Can’t stress enough how friendly everyone was, both staff and guests.

Hopefully in time cosmetic improvements will be made, but it takes a lot of time, effort, and people to work on a place this size. It feels like those who work at Viamede truly believe in the place, and so you should too.

Down to it, we’d definitely be interested in visiting again! I’d be interested to see this place in the Spring just before the summer rush. Thanks for the great getaway!

Room tip: Lake views all the way.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2018

Hi islandinthepacifica,

Thanks for your comments! It was lovely to meet you and your husband, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. All the best!

Reviewed December 17, 2018

I was there in December for a weekend getaway where the outdoor activities weren't available but the resort did a great job in making sure we had things to do. Ben (GM), Matt (employee) and the Chef (I think it was John) were all fantastic and went above and beyond to take care of the guests! I stayed in the main building that was attached to the indoor pool. The indoor pool with the lake view and the sauna was amazing. There were board games, cookie decorating, a collection of DVDs to watch etc. I can't wait to go back in the summer!

Room tip: The main building had the indoor pool attached and the rooms are quite clean.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2018

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you in the summer!

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

We decided to get away for a weekend. My wife found the “Yule” package here. It included all our meals and a room with a king bed. We had just basically planned to go hiking most of the weekend. My wife had gotten sick just before we were to attend Viamede. The staff was AMAZINGLY accommodating. They offered to bring anything we needed to our room. They were super awesome to work with. The food, that was all provided at 1885, was AMAZING. Portion sizes were great and we definitely didn’t leave hungry. We are already looking at going again this winter season. Considering how sick my wife was we still had an awesome time.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

We're so glad to hear you had such a great stay. Thanks so much for coming, and I hope your wife is already feeling better!