Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews stoney lake dining room indoor pool on site main building bedroom cottage mount julian boat house sausage boathouse pub hiking trails course meal cottage country wine pairing jacuzzi tub view of the lake food was amazing
Selected filters
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend at Viademe! We have a wonderful time at this resort and already booked our summer stay!

Cottage is very clean, beds and pillow are very comfortable.

We did cross country in the morning, then skated on the frozen lake after lunch, finished the evening off with pool and sauna in evening! What could be better!

Every one in the resort is super helpful and kind!

And we want to say special thank you for residents along the street leading up to the resort, we got stuck leaving due to an very icy road and we got soo much help. BIG Thank you, we truly appreciate it!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NadiaK88
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Hi NadiaK88,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're pretty proud of our staff, and what we do, and it's always lovely to hear it.

I can't wait to see you in the summer!

Cheers!

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I visited Viamede Resort for a weekend getaway after the craziness of Christmas and we had a wonderful time. The hiking trails were my personal favourite. We stayed in cabin 402 which we really enjoyed as it was right on the water. The pool was great and ice skating on the lake was a nice treat.

The staff are really what make this place special. Everyone was friendly and attentive. We felt very cared for. The food was great and we enjoyed playing darts or sitting by the fire after we ate. One night I ordered the apple fritter for dessert and it was the best I ever had! We will come back to Viamede in the future for another getaway.

Karin & Don

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin B
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Hi Karin & Don,

Thank you very much for your kind words! Honestly, I don't know how I don't eat 4 of those fritters every day myself. :)

See you soon!

Ben

Reviewed January 2, 2019

What a wonderful time we had for a NYE getaway!

From the moment we drove onto the property grounds, we were in awe at the beauty that surrounds the Resort. The happy and sincere welcome by Ben and the staff were enough to let us know we were in for a wonderful 3 days! Once we were told the history, we saw so many beautiful details. The staff doesn't even have to try to be pleasant, helpful, courteous ... I do believe that they were born to be there! :-D

The food? Wow!
Atmosphere? Wow!
Rooms (with wood burning fireplace)? Wow!

We will be back in the summer to sample the rest of the resort!

Thank you all for a very enjoyable and memorable stay!! oxoxo

Date of stay: December 2018
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Thanks for your review Mimi! We're so glad you had a wonderful time for your New Year's Eve and look forward to welcoming you back for the warmer weather.

Cheers,

Reviewed January 2, 2019

I first stayed at Viamede in '95 for my honeymoon. I recall staying in one of the cabins and loved it. I recently had the opportunity to return for a one night stay in the main lodge and loved it! Ben and staff are incredibly helpful and friendly - making sure my stay was memorable. I highly recommend Mt. Julian's pairing menu. Incredible, local food and drink - paired to perfection. Thanks so much Ben! Hugs to Daisy and Toby!

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the review and we're so glad you had a great stay!

Cheers,

Reviewed December 29, 2018

It was our first time here and I didn’t read the reviews until after we booked. Sounds like those who are salty about Viamede are high maintenance types. If you’re like me, someone who likes casual but a bit higher-end than rustic with genuine service, then you’ll have a great time at Viamede.

The trails were quiet and about 9km of them. Plenty for an afternoon of wandering in the forest. Would have loved to ice skate the lake but the ice was not thick enough.

The indoor/outdoor pool was just delightful. Could have liked it a tad warmer. Stunning views from the sauna. Just, stunning.

Dinner at 1885 was very delicious and decent portion sizes. Breakfast was okay. Sadly our stay was during the week so we could not go to Mount Julian. Communal areas are cozy and because the resort wasn’t too busy during our stay, my spouse and I spent the whole evening after dinner sitting by the fire with our wine.

Our room in the main building was a good size and according to my smart watch metrics, I slept better than I had all week. Super comfy bed, and bathroom was more than decent. Decor on the dated side of things but that’s only if you care about that. Would have been nice to have a private patio, as all the rooms on the ground floor connect to the same patio. We were totally fine with this, but I can see how some may be not be cool with it. Can’t stress enough how friendly everyone was, both staff and guests.

Hopefully in time cosmetic improvements will be made, but it takes a lot of time, effort, and people to work on a place this size. It feels like those who work at Viamede truly believe in the place, and so you should too.

Down to it, we’d definitely be interested in visiting again! I’d be interested to see this place in the Spring just before the summer rush. Thanks for the great getaway!

Room tip: Lake views all the way.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2018

Hi islandinthepacifica,

Thanks for your comments! It was lovely to meet you and your husband, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. All the best!