Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews stoney lake dining room indoor pool on site main building bedroom cottage mount julian boat house sausage boathouse pub hiking trails course meal cottage country wine pairing jacuzzi tub view of the lake food was amazing
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Just had an AH-MAZING work retreat at Viamede. The staff are super friendly and they strike the perfect balance between making sure you have everything you need, but also letting you do your thing.

They were very flexible and accommodating (dietary restrictions, changing schedules and room requirements, etc) — which has not been true of other venues we have gone to so it was very refreshing!

Also I am a celiac and I often struggle to get actually gluten free food, but they were fantastic about making gf food and clearly communicating what I could/couldn’t eat. We also had vegans in our crew who were similarly happy.

Oh and the food is delicious.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We were happy to host your group and happier to hear that everyone had a great time. I'll pass along your kind words to our team.

Reviewed March 10, 2019

We had an amazing stay. March 1st,2nd and 3rd 2019. We rented a 2 bedroom cottage. We had 5 dogs and the staff were VERY accommodating. We were unable to eat in the dining room as we did not want to leave the dogs at all. The staff made it very easy to order and receive our food. The food was amazing. Must try the short ribs and the pulled pork oh and the brisket. OH yeah and the pork chop. The cottage was rustic and appointed well. unfortunately our water froze in the cottage and they were all set to move us to another but Matt was very attentive and helped us get our water back. Sheets and towels were clean and comfortable. So many pillows I felt like I was at a friends cottage. It was so peaceful and we had some great walks on the lake around the various islands.

Date of stay: March 2019
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the lovely review! We loved having you and your dogs visit and we're happy to have been able to accommodate. I'll pass along your kind words to our staff.

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time! We did a full day of activities (winter hike, skating, pool, sauna, games, dinner) and warmed up by the fire at night. Food and service was 10/10, particularly the meal we had at Mount Julien as part of our package.

On Sunday, we went to drive home after breakfast and the roads had frozen over completely, thx to freezing rain. The staff tried to help us get out and when it was apparent we were stuck, we turned it into a small Superbowl party at the resort. A few employees cooked up food and set the game up on a large projector and we had a great time (although the game sucked). Thanks so much for going above and beyond. We will 100% be back next year!!

Matt and Sierra

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Hi Matt and Sierra,

Thanks for the great review! I'm sorry the superbowl didn't live up to your expectations. I'll make some phone calls for next year. :)

See you soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend at Viademe! We have a wonderful time at this resort and already booked our summer stay!

Cottage is very clean, beds and pillow are very comfortable.

We did cross country in the morning, then skated on the frozen lake after lunch, finished the evening off with pool and sauna in evening! What could be better!

Every one in the resort is super helpful and kind!

And we want to say special thank you for residents along the street leading up to the resort, we got stuck leaving due to an very icy road and we got soo much help. BIG Thank you, we truly appreciate it!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NadiaK88

Hi NadiaK88,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're pretty proud of our staff, and what we do, and it's always lovely to hear it.

I can't wait to see you in the summer!

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I visited Viamede Resort for a weekend getaway after the craziness of Christmas and we had a wonderful time. The hiking trails were my personal favourite. We stayed in cabin 402 which we really enjoyed as it was right on the water. The pool was great and ice skating on the lake was a nice treat.

The staff are really what make this place special. Everyone was friendly and attentive. We felt very cared for. The food was great and we enjoyed playing darts or sitting by the fire after we ate. One night I ordered the apple fritter for dessert and it was the best I ever had! We will come back to Viamede in the future for another getaway.

Karin & Don

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin B
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Hi Karin & Don,

Thank you very much for your kind words! Honestly, I don't know how I don't eat 4 of those fritters every day myself. :)

See you soon!