All reviews bridal suite from start to finish shot glasses colin carpenter wedding meal perfect wedding venue mr mrs on arrival gretna green jacuzzi bath small wedding special thanks champagne and chocolates couldn't do enough guest rooms renew our vows bride and groom
Reviewed August 21, 2015

In May 2015 i was invited to a wedding here at The Mill Forge, from the reviews beforehand checking believed it looked a lovely place and booked myself to stay the night, Firstly the interior is severely dated, to have to wait 15 minutes to be served by the staff who clearly did not understand i wanted to order a bottle of processco and not there top of house finest Champagne ! Secondly i was approached by the Manger of the Mill Forge who was inconsiderate and unprofessional with his rude comments to myself and friends attending the wedding and in a abrupt manor described the last wedding they had the day before and aired his thoughts on the Brides choice of decoration of the reception and dress.
After this series of events all in all the wedding was a success as much as i can give the credit to the bride and groom for pulling the day off.
Do not recommend especially when the minister who was to do the wedding came barging into the bridal room demanding he had cash to be paid and not card, in this day and age i believe this was not only disorganization by the forge and did not put this in writing that it was cash but unprofessional and displeasing.

All in all i would not recommend.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
TheMillForge, General Manager at The Mill Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Thank you for airing your thoughts.

I'm sorry to read your experience of the Mill Forge did not meet your expectations.

Your opinion of our facilities is your own and the many review on here will show that such opinions are subjective to the individuals' taste.

I apologise if I came across as either, rude, unprofessional or abrupt. That is not and never has been my intention no matter how difficult the guests or situation. I can only assume any comments I made about the previous day's wedding must have been complimentary as you have been quite forthright with your account.

The minister's payment is between them and the bride and groom, although I do agree this could perhaps have been resolved at a different time.

Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for my brothers wedding in August. Hotel is lovely with lots of areas for good photos also has lovely little chapel for weddings.
Loved the way the rooms were laid out and could not fault the room we had.
Meals in the bar were reasonably priced.
Staff all very polite and also very honest as I left a watch In room on departure and it was sent out to me 2 days after we got home. Would like to return to this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed you time in our care and that your watch got safely back to you.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2015

The hotel is conveniently situated near the motorway, so since the Station Inn was shut on the day we were travelling from Scotland we decided to try lunch at the Mill Forge Hotel. The bar menu available was uninteresting and the choice of wine poor.

I cannot comment on the rooms as we were not staying, but if you are looking for a lunchtime break while travelling I recommend that you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
TheMillForge, General Manager at The Mill Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with your experience of our lunchtime offering and will take your opinions into consideration when refreshing the lunchtime menu.

Regards

Reviewed August 17, 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of a short family break. Having stayed a few times before we had expected it to be peaceful and relaxing. This time, however, on the second night we had to endure A LOT of noise from the room next door. Several people had gathered in the room and decided to play loud music, shout and swear at the top of their voices! This went on from 10:30 at night until 2:00 AM the next morning meaning no sleep for us.
I complained to Graham the next morning who agreed this wasn't acceptable behaviour and he promised to speak to those involved.
The next night there was no noise and it remained that way for the rest of our break.
I was very angry and was tempted to leave a negative review but I believe in being fair and I dont think it would be fair to leave a bad review for something that was beyond the control of the Hotel. Graham sorted the problem out as promised and I dont think I could ask for much more - unless he wants to reimburse us for 1 sleepless night ;)
Overall the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. Not a massive choice of food for breakfast but what is provided is good enough quality and served with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for having the decency to leave a positive review after your stay was marred by the behaviour of other guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and look for ward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

We got married on 15th August 2015 and have to say that everything was perfect about our day. I have to admit that we initially were a little apprehensive having not seen the mill forge prior to the event and travelling a long distance (over 200 miles) but as soon as we arrived all of our worries were put to rest. The grounds are immaculately kept and are breath taking. The bridal suites are very spacious and very clean. We were impressed with the attention to detail.... chocolates and bubbly in our room to welcome us. More bubbly for bridal party whilst we were getting ready. The staff work incredibly hard and can not do enough for you right from the booking process, the run up before arrival and we felt so relaxed, welcome and cared for during our stay. The mill forge is very intamate and private from the commercial part of gretna green and really gives a personal touch to your wedding. We shared our day with 2 other wedding parties but this didn't take anything away from our special moment....each wedding is treated just as special. We made friends and the atmosphere during the evening was fantastic. Food was lovely and the room we ate in was beautifully decorated. We would like to thank ALL of the staff for making our wedding day so perfect and would highly recommend anyone who is considering this venue to book immediately!
Very happy couple....Sarah and Christopher Hill.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah H

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review.

It is wonderful to read such kind comments on the various aspects of our offering.

I wish you many happy years together.