“"Simply Amazing!"”

and 1 more site!
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jesmond
Reviewed 24 April 2012

For our mother/daughter vacation, my teenager sought an open space to roam with the horses while I wanted a quiet, comfortable place to recharge my batteries, enjoy good, healthy food, pamper my body, and at the same time, be able to share in my daughter’s daily ranch activities. Echo Valley Ranch and Spa not only met our every need but far surpassed our high expectations. What a wonderful surprise!
We drove from Seattle, Washington (approximately 7 1/2 hours) and arrived during daylight as the final leg of the journey was a slower drive on a gravel road out of cell phone range. As a precaution, we phoned the ranch from Clinton to announce our estimated time of arrival. The ranch does have a satellite phone and good internet. From the moment of our arrival, Echo Valley cast its spell and made us feel as if we had stumbled upon a favorite and strangely familiar place. Norm, Nan and the staff warmly welcomed us and treated us like old friends, though we had just met. They went out of their way to really get to know us and saw to all our needs and wants. We shared meals together (always healthy, expertly prepared and beautifully presented by a professional chef) and the conversations flowed easily. The friendly and thoughtful wranglers treated my daughter like a little sister, worked hard to tailor her riding experience, taught her many skills and allowed her to help care for the horses. All the animals were very well cared for, healthy and happy with some enjoying permanent retirement on the expansive meadow. The dogs provided us with hours of entertainment and companionship. I attended Thai yoga stretches every morning and enjoyed amazing Thai massage treatments. My therapist was skillful, strong, and had a gift for knowing where and how to apply the correct pressure. Each treatment ended with an offering of fresh ginger tea. The treatment rooms were beautifully appointed and came right out of a high end spa. For sleeping accommodations, my daughter and I were extremely comfortable and contented in the main lodge. I did check out the various accommodations and all were comfortable, clean, nicely decorated and had million dollar views. When not enjoying excellent meals, collecting cooking tips from the chef (Thai cuisine as well) or luxuriating in a spa treatment, I freely roamed the grounds, photographed my daughter on horseback, raced her down the long runway on well maintained bikes that were provided, or frolicked with her in the nice indoor pool. I enjoyed quiet long walks accompanied by the friendly pack of resident collies. I found little nooks to curl up with a good book or a movie on my laptop; or simply soaked in the sights and sounds of this beautiful and peaceful retreat. Our visit coincided with a wedding at the ranch. The nice couple invited us to the ceremony and we shared their delicious wedding cake that the chef had spent hours baking and personalizing with their names on top. From all the excellent reviews gleaned on this website, the personalized care and attention to guests were not for our sake alone nor was it a chance occurrence. It seemed that all who came to Echo Valley Ranch were treated to the same welcoming reception and exceptional, thoughtful, personalized service. It is remarkable how Norm, Nan and their Echo Valley staff managed to successfully run this guest ranch as an upscale resort (immaculately clean, comfortable, with attention to detail and special touches everywhere) and yet made us feel like we were home and part of a big happy family. It was easy to forget that we were guests as we began to think of Echo Valley as home. We spent 5 nights at the ranch and still wished that we could’ve stayed longer. We were sent off with delicious sack lunches for our trip home which we ate long before we were hungry. In my daughter’s sack, there was a piece of the delicious wedding cake, yet another example of the staff’s thoughtfulness. It has been two weeks since we returned home, yet we are constantly drawn back to our amazing visit to this remarkable place and we cannot stop telling all our friends about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa for three nights and two full days, during which we enjoyed excellent food, pampered ourselves with spa treatments and hit the trail for horseback riding and gold panning.

It is very hard to say which we enjoyed the most, as everything was quite magnificent. The property is a piece of paradise in itself -- every time I went outside I sighed in satisfaction of the calmness that permeates Echo Valley.

If your ideal vacation is somewhere you can relax with a glass of wine to including spa treatments and other adventures, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa is definitely the place for you!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Bob and I went to Echo Ranch and Spa on an Elopement package. Norm and Nan (the owners) were very friendly and warm people. They made us feel right at home. We had a private cabin. It was bright, clean and very large. It made a big difference with our time spend there. We closed our door and we were alone! A good thing on a honeymoon!

The wedding was beautiful! Echo Ranch provided the flowers, hair and make up for myself, wedding pictures and we got the chose of locations on the ranch to hold the wedding. We were served champagne after the ceremony. At dinner, we had a lovely semi private table set up and served a taste sensation for dinner. The wedding cake was chocolate with poached pears.... Oh my it was great! The Chef at the ranch is world classed! All the food served was tantalizing.

The beautiful scenery.....a mountain view in every direction! Nightly walks are a must.....very romantic! With every walk you are entertained with the Echo boarder collies..... Wonderful friendly dogs! I could play with them forever! Bob loved the main house kitty cat, a very regal feline!

The spa was fabulous....we had a couples traditional Thai massage.....this is a must! You will feel like a new person when the ladies have finished. The spa' s rooms are Thai in design and furnished with Thai decor, it is breath taking.....so stunning! The art work is amazing.....all hand carved wood.....a rare wonder itself!

I recommend the Echo Ranch to everyone. It is a little piece of heaven in BC. There is a Christmas package too! That would be amazing!

2  Thank Gabriel S
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was a last minute trip I decided to take with my 10 and 12 year old sons. I had been looking at Echo Valley for 3 years trying to find the time to go myself and this Easter I causally looked them up to find that they accepted kids during this weekend and provided Easter festivities.
4.5 hours from Vancouver we arrived in a sprawling, secluded bit of paradise, surrounded by snow capped mountains and sparkling skies. It felt like home the moment we arrived, welcomed enthusiastically by the manager, Norm and Nan the owners and all the staff. The kids didn't even blink, they ensconced themselves so firmly in the lodge like it was their own. We had our own 2 bedroom cabin with a loft that provided more entertainment than a loft should to the boys. We were given bikes to roam the property, checking in in the cows and massive bull, the 37+ horses, Don the donkey and back and forth to the pool and very equipped gym.
I am thankful for the bikes and the gym because the meals were superb and included in our rate. Jason their chef is a marvel and I felt like I barely had time to breathe, let alone digest, before the cattle bell rang for round 2. Breakfast was made to order and anything under the sun was possible fromfrench toast, pancakes, bacon, oatmeal, fresh fruit all done to your liking. Lunch was a smorgasbord of items, varied soups, salads, pastas and even a few Thai delicacies in my honor. Dinner was a sit down several course affair that left me welded firmly to my seat in a culinary haze.
We on,y had. 3 days but we squeezed as much fun in as we could. We ride Don the donkey amidst great amusements, the kids went horse back riding, I did yoga, Norm showed the kids his plane and we went on a twilight walk down the runway. Idyllic, calm, safe and peaceful.
We didn't have a chance to fish or 4x4 so we have to go back.
We made some lovely friends and hope we can stay in touch because they touched our hearts.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Aritnom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Without a doubt this was the most fantasic getaway we've encountered in all of our considerable travel choices. The scenery is breathtaking, even for those of us who have lived in British Columbia all of their lives. The meals were outstanding, the hosts and their staff gracious, caring and extremely helpful. Their primary concern is their guests well being and the enjoyment of all that this resort has to offer.Cabin design and decor is 5 Star all the way!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any style of accomodation here- all are beautifully decorated, qui...
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband & I had such a great time at Echo Valley Ranch. From the wonderful black & white collies who guided us along woodsy hikes or watched over us at night to exhiliarating trail rides designed for our abilities to the wonderful meals served family style, using fresh ranch-grown berries & veggies. The friendly staff & personable owners added a warm dimension to an extraordinary encounter with cowboy life in the Caribou...we loved every minute of our stay at Echo Valley Ranch, found it tough to leave & highly recommend it to others looking for a peaceful change of pace...

Room Tip: Our cabin overlooked the mountains & pastures...beautiful views & pastel sunrises!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Early this past Autumn (2011) we had an extraordinary stay at Echo Valley Ranch. The combination of wonderful staff, superb cuisine, picture perfect setting, abundance of activities and the most ideal hosts (Nan and Norm have this gift of making everyone feel at home and special) made for one of the most brilliant stays in my travel career. I even made use of the paved air strip by running repeats up and down the tarmac in the warmth of the autumn sun, all with the idea of making room for sensational meals. For those seeking a break from the fast pace of life and for a need to recharge, well this truly fits the bill. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jesmond
33.2 km away
31.1 km away
Round Up Motel
Round Up Motel
#1 of 2 in Clinton

Been to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa? Share your experiences!