For our mother/daughter vacation, my teenager sought an open space to roam with the horses while I wanted a quiet, comfortable place to recharge my batteries, enjoy good, healthy food, pamper my body, and at the same time, be able to share in my daughter’s daily ranch activities. Echo Valley Ranch and Spa not only met our every need but far surpassed our high expectations. What a wonderful surprise!
We drove from Seattle, Washington (approximately 7 1/2 hours) and arrived during daylight as the final leg of the journey was a slower drive on a gravel road out of cell phone range. As a precaution, we phoned the ranch from Clinton to announce our estimated time of arrival. The ranch does have a satellite phone and good internet. From the moment of our arrival, Echo Valley cast its spell and made us feel as if we had stumbled upon a favorite and strangely familiar place. Norm, Nan and the staff warmly welcomed us and treated us like old friends, though we had just met. They went out of their way to really get to know us and saw to all our needs and wants. We shared meals together (always healthy, expertly prepared and beautifully presented by a professional chef) and the conversations flowed easily. The friendly and thoughtful wranglers treated my daughter like a little sister, worked hard to tailor her riding experience, taught her many skills and allowed her to help care for the horses. All the animals were very well cared for, healthy and happy with some enjoying permanent retirement on the expansive meadow. The dogs provided us with hours of entertainment and companionship. I attended Thai yoga stretches every morning and enjoyed amazing Thai massage treatments. My therapist was skillful, strong, and had a gift for knowing where and how to apply the correct pressure. Each treatment ended with an offering of fresh ginger tea. The treatment rooms were beautifully appointed and came right out of a high end spa. For sleeping accommodations, my daughter and I were extremely comfortable and contented in the main lodge. I did check out the various accommodations and all were comfortable, clean, nicely decorated and had million dollar views. When not enjoying excellent meals, collecting cooking tips from the chef (Thai cuisine as well) or luxuriating in a spa treatment, I freely roamed the grounds, photographed my daughter on horseback, raced her down the long runway on well maintained bikes that were provided, or frolicked with her in the nice indoor pool. I enjoyed quiet long walks accompanied by the friendly pack of resident collies. I found little nooks to curl up with a good book or a movie on my laptop; or simply soaked in the sights and sounds of this beautiful and peaceful retreat. Our visit coincided with a wedding at the ranch. The nice couple invited us to the ceremony and we shared their delicious wedding cake that the chef had spent hours baking and personalizing with their names on top. From all the excellent reviews gleaned on this website, the personalized care and attention to guests were not for our sake alone nor was it a chance occurrence. It seemed that all who came to Echo Valley Ranch were treated to the same welcoming reception and exceptional, thoughtful, personalized service. It is remarkable how Norm, Nan and their Echo Valley staff managed to successfully run this guest ranch as an upscale resort (immaculately clean, comfortable, with attention to detail and special touches everywhere) and yet made us feel like we were home and part of a big happy family. It was easy to forget that we were guests as we began to think of Echo Valley as home. We spent 5 nights at the ranch and still wished that we could’ve stayed longer. We were sent off with delicious sack lunches for our trip home which we ate long before we were hungry. In my daughter’s sack, there was a piece of the delicious wedding cake, yet another example of the staff’s thoughtfulness. It has been two weeks since we returned home, yet we are constantly drawn back to our amazing visit to this remarkable place and we cannot stop telling all our friends about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Jesmond, British Columbia, Canada