“East meets west. Earth meets sky. Life rises to greet you.”

Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jesmond
Reviewed 14 May 2012

EV Ranch is so very much more than a spa. Or a Ranch. It is truly a place where mind meets body and life rises to greet you every day. Spectacular views remind you of the wonder in our country. Well cared for and trained horses respond to your spirit. Warm, receptive staff welcome you and guide you. A chef serves food that nourishes and inspires (thank you Jason!) - as brilliant as any 5 star restaurant in Toronto. Spa treatments that restore and rejuvenate you. Perfect pampering coupled with as much or as little physical activity you could want. Working in the spa industry and in the health and fitness world, I am a tough judge in both arenas. I can't recommend EV Ranch highly enough. Thai massage is an exceptional treatment for recovery and rehabilitation. And the team at EV Ranch do it authentically and brilliantly. Most of all, however, the team at EV Ranch - from the management to Spa Team to Wrangling Team, to Administrative Team - are experienced professionals who clearly love their job, their home and working with each other. The atmosphere is one of rich support and and guidance, caring and understanding - to people, the environment and animals alike. It is a truly respectful, loving family. All of this speaks to the dedication, support and passion of the owners and team leaders - Nan and Norm Dove. It is a place worth visiting and returning to over and over again.

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong with any room choices. However, if you prefer a little more privacy a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great owners, staff and chef!! Wonderful spa services too. A trip I will remember always!

Room Tip: Bring a credit card with lots of room........you may find you want to have more spa services than y...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2012

If you want time away so you can slow down and just hear yourself breath this is the place for you! If you want to be active with gold panning, fly fishing, hiking and biking and lots of excercising equipment around with a pool this is the place for you!

I choose to unwind and do the spa treatments with my friend. This is one of the best places I have been to for this (and I have tried a few). The mature facial made me really feel and look younger (even if it was only for a day). The 90 minute message was the best treatment I have had in ages. They really cared about getting the knots out even if they went overtime!
I would definitely go back.
angie

Room Tip: The twin beds beds bedroom was so comfy with the best bedding. Just make sure your friend doesn'...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Echo Valley Ranch is one of those places that is hard to describe and do it justice. It is a ranch, a spa, a place of serenity & incredible beauty... but it's more than that. You feel so at home in this place, and the people that are part of the ranch are what make it feel that way. Owners Norm & Nan truly love this place, and it shows. Everyone cares about each other here. Horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing, gold panning, eating (and more eating!), reading, relaxing, spa'ing, swimming, hottubbing, walking. There's everything to do, yet nothing to do. perfect, right?! highly recommend at least 3 nights so you have 2 full days at the ranch. The 3rd night was key to fully relaxing and immersing yourself into this place. The dogs are complete entertainment - watching them keep an eye on everything that goes on around them. They don't miss a beat. "Anna" is the sweetest Collie ever, "JoJo" keeps the other dogs in line (or tries!), and the younger dogs just seem to keep themselves busy. The horses were absolutely spectacular and so friendly, walking up to the fence from the large field to greet me. We learned that Norm & Nan prefer to keep horses and let them roam in the field in their retirement, rather than sell them as is often the practice on a ranch. What a great way to be. Jaranya and her team at the spa and around the lodge are such a pleasure. These ladies come from Thailand and have each been at Echo Valley for 10-18 years. They are truly an unexpected treasure. it's obvious that people are treated well at Echo Valley and in turn, they treat guests like family. After 3 nights we knew everyone's name, and they knew ours. Jason makes amazing food - I think I ate more in one weekend than I usually do in a week at home! The rooms are very spacious and inviting. So cozy to curl up & read a book. The lodge has comfortable spaces everywhere - even downstairs where there is a TV, Pool table, shuffleboard, computer, games tables, and more. There's a hottub for warming up in the evening and an indoor pool that stays at 80 degrees, plus a gym that has more equipment than most gyms I've seen. The spa is second to none. The attention that the ladies pay to the services & surroundings is really superior. I highly recommend the Thai spa services like the Traditional Thai Massage. We would absolutely love to come back & bring our children to the ranch during family weeks in the summer, Christmas, or Easter. What a great way for EVERYONE in our family to have their own vacation, and still be together. Looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: If you want to feel a part of the place a bit more, and get to know other people, the lodge rooms ar...
Reviewed 24 April 2012

For our mother/daughter vacation, my teenager sought an open space to roam with the horses while I wanted a quiet, comfortable place to recharge my batteries, enjoy good, healthy food, pamper my body, and at the same time, be able to share in my daughter’s daily ranch activities. Echo Valley Ranch and Spa not only met our every need but far surpassed our high expectations. What a wonderful surprise!
We drove from Seattle, Washington (approximately 7 1/2 hours) and arrived during daylight as the final leg of the journey was a slower drive on a gravel road out of cell phone range. As a precaution, we phoned the ranch from Clinton to announce our estimated time of arrival. The ranch does have a satellite phone and good internet. From the moment of our arrival, Echo Valley cast its spell and made us feel as if we had stumbled upon a favorite and strangely familiar place. Norm, Nan and the staff warmly welcomed us and treated us like old friends, though we had just met. They went out of their way to really get to know us and saw to all our needs and wants. We shared meals together (always healthy, expertly prepared and beautifully presented by a professional chef) and the conversations flowed easily. The friendly and thoughtful wranglers treated my daughter like a little sister, worked hard to tailor her riding experience, taught her many skills and allowed her to help care for the horses. All the animals were very well cared for, healthy and happy with some enjoying permanent retirement on the expansive meadow. The dogs provided us with hours of entertainment and companionship. I attended Thai yoga stretches every morning and enjoyed amazing Thai massage treatments. My therapist was skillful, strong, and had a gift for knowing where and how to apply the correct pressure. Each treatment ended with an offering of fresh ginger tea. The treatment rooms were beautifully appointed and came right out of a high end spa. For sleeping accommodations, my daughter and I were extremely comfortable and contented in the main lodge. I did check out the various accommodations and all were comfortable, clean, nicely decorated and had million dollar views. When not enjoying excellent meals, collecting cooking tips from the chef (Thai cuisine as well) or luxuriating in a spa treatment, I freely roamed the grounds, photographed my daughter on horseback, raced her down the long runway on well maintained bikes that were provided, or frolicked with her in the nice indoor pool. I enjoyed quiet long walks accompanied by the friendly pack of resident collies. I found little nooks to curl up with a good book or a movie on my laptop; or simply soaked in the sights and sounds of this beautiful and peaceful retreat. Our visit coincided with a wedding at the ranch. The nice couple invited us to the ceremony and we shared their delicious wedding cake that the chef had spent hours baking and personalizing with their names on top. From all the excellent reviews gleaned on this website, the personalized care and attention to guests were not for our sake alone nor was it a chance occurrence. It seemed that all who came to Echo Valley Ranch were treated to the same welcoming reception and exceptional, thoughtful, personalized service. It is remarkable how Norm, Nan and their Echo Valley staff managed to successfully run this guest ranch as an upscale resort (immaculately clean, comfortable, with attention to detail and special touches everywhere) and yet made us feel like we were home and part of a big happy family. It was easy to forget that we were guests as we began to think of Echo Valley as home. We spent 5 nights at the ranch and still wished that we could’ve stayed longer. We were sent off with delicious sack lunches for our trip home which we ate long before we were hungry. In my daughter’s sack, there was a piece of the delicious wedding cake, yet another example of the staff’s thoughtfulness. It has been two weeks since we returned home, yet we are constantly drawn back to our amazing visit to this remarkable place and we cannot stop telling all our friends about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa for three nights and two full days, during which we enjoyed excellent food, pampered ourselves with spa treatments and hit the trail for horseback riding and gold panning.

It is very hard to say which we enjoyed the most, as everything was quite magnificent. The property is a piece of paradise in itself -- every time I went outside I sighed in satisfaction of the calmness that permeates Echo Valley.

If your ideal vacation is somewhere you can relax with a glass of wine to including spa treatments and other adventures, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa is definitely the place for you!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Bob and I went to Echo Ranch and Spa on an Elopement package. Norm and Nan (the owners) were very friendly and warm people. They made us feel right at home. We had a private cabin. It was bright, clean and very large. It made a big difference with our time spend there. We closed our door and we were alone! A good thing on a honeymoon!

The wedding was beautiful! Echo Ranch provided the flowers, hair and make up for myself, wedding pictures and we got the chose of locations on the ranch to hold the wedding. We were served champagne after the ceremony. At dinner, we had a lovely semi private table set up and served a taste sensation for dinner. The wedding cake was chocolate with poached pears.... Oh my it was great! The Chef at the ranch is world classed! All the food served was tantalizing.

The beautiful scenery.....a mountain view in every direction! Nightly walks are a must.....very romantic! With every walk you are entertained with the Echo boarder collies..... Wonderful friendly dogs! I could play with them forever! Bob loved the main house kitty cat, a very regal feline!

The spa was fabulous....we had a couples traditional Thai massage.....this is a must! You will feel like a new person when the ladies have finished. The spa' s rooms are Thai in design and furnished with Thai decor, it is breath taking.....so stunning! The art work is amazing.....all hand carved wood.....a rare wonder itself!

I recommend the Echo Ranch to everyone. It is a little piece of heaven in BC. There is a Christmas package too! That would be amazing!

2  Thank Gabriel S

Been to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa? Share your experiences!