Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
US$248
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
2,441 results
All reviews lake view studio villa margaret river golf buggy stunning location buffet breakfast infinity pool indian ocean huge bathroom king bed western australia short stroll lounge area self contained long weekend tennis courts pullman bunker bay resort
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2021 via mobile

We made a travel in Western Australia for Chinese New Year holidays in January 2019. We spent three days and we loved our stay at Pullman. Excellent facilities and staff: they contributed significantly to make our holidays really nice. I have only a minor complain because the check-in process was too slow: we can understand it considering that the number of tourists in that period (we arrived at the same time of 3 buses of enthusiast Chinese tourists) :) .

Room tip: Be patient if you visit Western Australia during Chinese New Year holidays :) !
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed July 8, 2021 via mobile

1. Front reception service is very slow. Had to wait a long time.
2. Allocated us with small children and elderly parents to the furthest villa. I saw other people (2adults) who arrived later than us being allocated to closer villa. How to walk under such stormy weather?
3. Dismissed us by saying can call the cart to pick us up if needs to go to the centre of facility
4. I insisted to change villa because from experience I know the cart takes a long time to arrive. After waiting a long time, she came back to say no room avail.
5. She then Sent us to wait in rainy and stormy weather so cart could send us to the villa with our luggages.
6. Waited about 25min. Cart came and picked people who arrived after us. When I questioned the driver, he said the front desk never told him to pick us up. We were shaking in the cold.
7. Went back to queue up and asked front desk. She said the process is not right. She did not need to tell the cart to pick us up. It’s first come first serve. No apologies.
5. I requested to change to another villa, again. At the end I was allocated to one unit closer by another person, Kevin. If this was done instantly it would save 45min of our time. Unfortunately we wasted a long time and the matter was not dealt with instantly. I think the receptionist I dealt with before, was Alexia.
6. The villa air conditioning is not working as it turned itself off and not won’t turned on again. The timer was preset and wouldn’t cancel.
7. Hot water in shower could stop flowing suddenly, replacing with cold water only
8. One of the Bathroom Door knob was broken, could not lock. This was resolved:
9. The pillows were very smelly. We requested for all four to be replaced.
Please note the housekeeping guy, who came from Taiwan, was very helpful and hardworking. Very good service.
10. On checkout went to lobby reception to ask for cart to assist with luggage, I was told they were all busy and out to assist others. As it was 10am check out time.
11. On second night when restrictions were lifted, we went to restaurant at 4:50pm to have some entree and drinks, followed by dinner. We were told that we could only sit in one of the two tables with other patrons when 80% of the restaurant was empty.
12. After talking for about 10min, the waitress insisted us not to sit sdown at other side of restaurant & ignored the 2sqm rule. She also told us to put on our mask. I don’t mind that. Just wonder why other patrons from perth had no mask on.
13. We had to walk through the other part of restaurant to look after children who were on the pizza class. I saw other parents just sat down at the table closer to the pizza place without any issue.
14. At the restaurant, no one came to serve or took our order.
15. About 7pm when I finished at pizza class, I went to the bar to order drinks.
Due to the bad service, we changed our mind and did not order dinner.
16. Kitchen facility inside villa is poor, not considering we have 5 people in total and only had 4 sets of cups. 3 sets of cutleries. Not enough towel. 2 of the children had to share one towel. First night the Taiwanese guy gave us an extra towel, second night the extra set was taken away.

Overall not good experience. Staff don’t know what they are doing. Not considerate for family with young children. Double standards.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Leighton Yates, General Manager at Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2021

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am absolutely apologetic over how your stay has been received. Please allow me to reach out to you personally via email so I can express my sentiment and provide you with a gesture in response to this experience.

Warm Regards,
Chaitanya Tuli
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2021 via mobile

The Pullman Bunker Bay is an exquisite resort in a beautiful location. But what makes this place truely special, are the management and staff. My husband and I arrived for a 4 day stay with our 2 children as part of our longer 2 week trip to WA from Sydney. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the resort's very personable manager Chetty, and made to feel very welcome and at home. We had an amazing few days waking up to breakfast, exploring our surrounding areas, and returning back for dinner each day at the resort. Our intention had been to try other restaurants in the area, but our first day dinner at the restaurant was so incredible, that we didn't venture elsewhere during our stay. The dinner menu at the resort is very diverse and each dish has great attention to detail(we ended up trying every single dish on the menu during our stay!). A few days after our arrival, Perth went into lockdown for 4 days due to the rapidly evolving covid situation. Perth was to be our next stop after Bunker Bay. As we sat watching the news and contemplating our options, we received a call from the resort team offering assistance, as they were aware our next stop was Perth. Chetty and his staff went out of their way to accommodate us and we ended up extending our stay by a further 3 days to avoid the lockdown in Perth. We spent those days visiting wineries, going on walks, as well as swimming and fishing at our beautiful resort.
Yesterday was our last day here, and my younger son had been feeling quite glum about returning back to Sydney. He is turning 10 in a few days, and his birthday usually falls during school holidays. But this year it was to be during the first week back from school holidays, so he has spent the past few months waiting in anticipation to celebrate with his friends at school. With Sydney in lockdown - this will probably not eventuate. And he is also aware that as his parents are both healthcare workers - he will likely be spending his birthday alone at school, while his friends study from home. Due to our professions, both our children have had to attend school every day even during lockdowns in the past 1.5yrs, most days being the only kids at school. They have always taken this in their stride and not let it faze them....so it was very unusual seeing our 9yr old without his permanent cheeky smile. We ran into manager Chetty on our way out from breakfast and had a chat about our onwards travel plan/ flights back to Sydney etc. My son mentioned he was not looking forward to going back.
Later that morning - we were surprised at our villa by one of the front desk staff(Pip) who presented my son with a beautiful little birthday cake with a message from Chetty and his team. Such a beautiful and caring gesture! To say this absolutely MADE my son's day is an understatement!
We are checking out today and heading back to Sydney and to lockdown - but I can't thank the staff enough for everything they have done to make our stay so memorable. Everyone, from the reception staff, to the friendly waitresses and bar staff have been amazing. We have travelled the world, and stayed at some incredible places - but the Pullman Bunker Bay is definitely one place we will be returning to. Heartfelt thankyou to Chetty and all the staff!

Date of stay: July 2021
3  Thank Departure34822335755
Reviewed June 13, 2021 via mobile

Nice ‘away from it all’ location. Great walks to beach and lighthouse. Could be great but service was lacking and food ordinary. Happy to pay prices for good food but it wasn’t. Chips were cold, $14 for 4 small pieces of sour dough with a teaspoon of balsamic. Asked twice for the wine list. Hopefully it improves because it could be a great getaway

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2021

We booked 3 nights and when we arrived were told to book the restaurant because the resort was full SO WAS THE RESTAURANT. Sure they offer a limited room service menu but how disappointing not to be able to enjoy the dining area with fellow travellers. Who wants to be stuck in their bedroom! The resort should have notified us a day or 2 earlier but there was no communication after the initial booking. We hadn’t had lunch and were looking forward to a nice meal and a drink in the lounge afterwards. There is a tiny lounge but unless you were there at 5:15 there were no seats. All in all were are very disappointed. There are no other restaurants in the area.

Room tip: Very remote. Nothing else around. Bring wine and good unless you want to risk hitting a kangaroo in the dark.
Date of stay: June 2021

Dear 644robynm,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region. At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I regret to learn that your recent experience did not meet your expectations in regards to dining at the restaurant. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your feedback has been personally shared with our Director of Food & Beverage to better understand the shortcomings and prevent future occurrence. With the changes in market that we are now welcoming each day, our restaurant “Other Side of the Moon” is getting fully booked each night. However, we provide a welcome email 7 days prior to a guest arrival (pending having booked direct with an email) to encourage forward bookings at the restaurant.

Please, can you reach out to me so I may personally talk to you? My email is h8775-fo@accor.com as I would like to offer you a gesture in response to these shortcomings experienced.

Warm regards,