Hotel St Georg(Bad Aibling)
US$119
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
B&O Parkhotel(Bad Aibling)
Hotel Johannisbad(Bad Aibling)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspa area iscomfortable bedgreat poolstaff was very friendly and helpfulbreakfast was excellentwonderful placemazebalconyregionalpswellness
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

Located in a quiet area, not so far from Bad Aibling city center, the hotel is surrounded by green. Room was large. Comfortable bed. Terrace. Basic bathroom. Good WiFi . Abundant breakfast. Spa. The restaurant is serving delicious food - I had a very nice asparagus salad.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2016

The is a beautiful hotel. A nice and cozy country hotel. Showers a SMALL but bathroom is nice. Comfortable twin double room with a great balcony. There was a really good selection for breakfast. The staff were nice as well.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2015

I was having treatment in the area so my partner was in search of a place to stay for us once I finished treatment. He walked 20 minutes from Bad Aibling to find this hotel. The person at the desk, Phillip said to send him an email confirming what nights we wanted the rooms and he would respond. So when my partner came back , he did just that. We waited and no response and we called but the person at the front desk did not seem to understand any English or what we had requested so she said to call back later. We waited again, no response from Phillip. So my partner walked back to the place and confirmed everything himself with the front desk person. We had another reservation somewhere else, but we wanted a quieter place so we needed to cancel that one by a certain time in order to not have to pay for two rooms at two hotels.

So we arrived at the hotel, strict check in time , so we had to drive around for three hours waiting for the from to be ready. We came back and got our from, we looked out over the roof of the place, flower box but no flowers in it, half a dead one, and the bed a king size, is plait like two twin bed mattresses on top of a king size frame. Most places put a topper over two twins, than put one king size sheet to cover the entire bed. Nope not here. The beds separated etc or you ended up in the crack of the two beds. The beds were not comfortable.

So we left for the weekend as they said they were full and came back for our next reservation on Monday, Tuesday. When we arrived they said we had no reservation for Tuesday night, we showed her the email. She said they are fully booked. We could not believe what was happening....my partner walked back and forth almost two hours making sure we had the reserved nights we wanted. Now they are fully booked. We asked to speak to the manager , he never appeared however, she came back and said we can have the room for two nights. She was not very pleasant.

Arrived in the fifth floor to a not very well maintained elevator area. Seemed like a simple fix to us, but was left exposed concrete all around the elevator. We got in our room, they have to give you ticket numbers for the Internet and internet dies not work. My partner goes back down, thinking maybe we have wring ticket numbers and instead she says Internet works in and out and they are fully booked so we cannot change rooms. I think we knew this already. So Internet only worked if you went to the lobby area and even that was in and out.

It was my partners birthday, so I went early in the morning to tell them it was his birthday. I asked for them to surprise him with a desert or some cake with a candle for his birthday. The guy in the dining room assured me all would be taken care of. We went to have dinner they brought us two glasses of champagne which was nice, and a candle and they put some hearts on the table, we had inner and we waited and waited and no desert for his birthday. I got up and asked where the desert was? Plus I wanted to surprise him??? The waiter comes to the table shows us the desert menu and says either desert take 15-20 minutes. I was so frustrated and disappointed. It was not like I walked in for dinner and told them it was his birthday. We asked for the desert to be sent to our room and to add insult to injury he says the charge is 3 euros to deliver it.

The pool and spa area is nice but the massages were not by skilled massage therapist and I have had a lot of massages. The girl who did my treatments for manicure/ pedicure spoke no English whatsoever.

Two nights they he had a noisy crowd in the dining room that were drinking a lot. They even put on their own music on their cell phones and played it loud and not one staff member told them to not do that as there were other guests.

Positives, they did store our luggage for us on the weekend we left and came back Monday. The hotel is full of interesting finds. The meals in the dining room were outstanding, best steak I had in all of Europe I had here( service was slow ) great breakfast , and friendly dining room staff.

We felt the front desk staff not very helpful or friendly at times. There should be more of a presence of whomover manages/ owns the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that DOES not look out onto the roof
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

A nice and cosy country hotel. Very clean, with brand new towels and bath robes for each guest. I've been staying 4 time there and noticed that unfortunately not all the rooms are equivalent in quality. Some of them are more spacious, with nice trendy furniture. Others are far away from that. Most of the rooms don't have a fridge which was quite inconvinient. The whole hotel is without air conditioning, but that's apparently something typical for all German hotels.

The SPA area is pretty nice, with a beautiful and calm meadow with sunbeds. There's also a GYM there, but it's rather ridiculous.

The restorant has been recently renovated and looks more stylish now. It's obvious that the hotel is well maintained.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very nice country interior. Small bathrooms. A pleasant small balcony. In fact, everything is small but quite cosy. Helpful staff, bike rentals (but if you need one you'd better hurry up because they have only few of them). Restaurant and breakfast are good. Indoor fitness-area with pool, beautiful routs for walking start not far from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business