Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$71
Booking.comUS$71
eDreamsUS$71
Trip.comUS$75
FindHotelUS$68
HurbUS$75
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2019

We stayed here one night and will never go back again. The floors in the first room they gave us were filthy and the TV wouldn't work. The manager spent a fair amount of time talking to the presumed owner on the phone trying to fix the TV but in the end moved us to a different room that he had just finished cleaning. I will say the floors were better in the 2nd room but the room was not adequate. Neither room had a hairdryer in the bathroom which is normal standard in any hotel/motel. This room did not have an outside door like the first room did so we were unable to leave the inside door open at any time in order to get fresh air. The blind in the bathroom had a slat missing in it and in order to have privacy we had to stuff toilet tissue along the whole width of the blind to block it off. The stopper in the sink was broken and in order to release it and drain the sink my husband had to work around under the sink. We had a small dog with us and the extra fee for her had been waived but I am at a loss to know what sort of damage any dog could have done to this place. Our dog sleeps in a kennel and I am glad she had the cleanliness of her own spot for sleeping. If this place has been upgraded I am so glad we were not there when it was any worse than this. We were very surprised in the evening when the man who appeared to be managing the place asked us if we were going to need anything from him as he was leaving and would be back at 8 o'clock in the morning. Apparently there was no one there for emergencies during the night, no telephone in the room, and there appeared to be 5 other rooms occupied. I have to give him credit though and that is why I have given the rating a 1. He was obliging and tried to help and was very polite and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Ronald M
Reviewed July 31, 2019

We booked a suite online as we were attending a family reunion for 3 days.Booked online through booking.com as the pictures showed a lovely spot with a beautiful view. We are from the area but have been away since 2001.As we were anxious to see family, we went there first and did not check in until after dark. We paid upfront for the room and when we were taken out back were in for quite a schock. Hazardous walkway and stairs, screen door jammed open stuck in the stairs on the next flight and broken, gross dirty windows, holes in screens, uncomfortable soft saggy mattresses.Hair dryer cord taped with electrical tape. I ended up not staying, some family stayed a second night as we had no where to go, and the 3rd night no one stayed. We asked for a refund but the owner refused saying they had paid booking.com. Booking.com refunded 15% but we are still out $500

Room tip: Choose anywhere but here!
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank yruinbusiness
El R, Manager at El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2019

This is at least 2nd sites, 3 different guest's names that you placed nagative diverse comments with attempting to tear us a part and chop us down. Moneytary anger comment!
The fact , you booked 03 nights in peak days and your husband came to us at 9AM of the 3rd night to ask for cancellation due to you got a free night stay in your family. This request violated our cancellation policy and we had that right to refuse refund. There was no complaint mentioned at all when you asked for cancellation.
We always appreciate guest 's constructive comment to improve our operation so Your real comments are not exceptional, they were already improved and fixed.
We blocked 03 nights for you and refused other booking request, how can we fill in that night once you cancel on the same night? Seems you want to get free stay!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

This motel was disgusting. It was very dirty. The fridge was mouldy and not cleaned.
But worst of all was the bedding. Everything was stained from the bed spread , blanket, sheets and pillow cases. I mean body fluid stains. The pillow case had blood on it. It was horrible. We had to go to Walmart to purchase bedding
as everything else in town was booked. Stay somewhere else not here for 40.00 more.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank FellowTraveler486693
El R, Manager at El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

We are new management and we are sorry for these problems you had on behalf of our brand
Since 2019, we have replaced all towels, bed sheets, bedspread, pillow, ect. Room was changed and renovated.
Upgrading project has been ongoing. That will be a different El Rancho that you used to stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Was on the phone with the owner trying to deal with a situation, and it was the most unprofessional and most awful customer service. I explained to him the situation that i was going there for an LGBT event and had to cancel one night and he wouldn’t allow me to. I found him homophobic when I spoke to him and he was agressive on the phone. He didn’t care one bit, do not book here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Brad K
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

As all reasonably priced places in town were full, I pulled in here to check it out. As I walked into the office I realized the attendant (owner??) was on the phone. He looked at me and I quietly asked if there were rooms available, so as not to be too loud. He said yes there were and to please wait for him to finish his call. He then said "please exit" and pointed to the door. Apparently whoever he was talking to was more important than selling a room for the night. I ended up getting a much nicer place down the street. Thank God!! After reading these reviews I am so glad we didn't stay there.

Date of stay: August 2018