Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the owner at home northern lights kluane national park wonderful hosts yukon experience hot tub excellent stay great fun the check in process special experience her husband amazing breakfast lodge roxanne logan mount
Selected filters
Reviewed March 7, 2020

I am so glad we decided to stay here and is made our trip to Yukon so special.

The owners' philosophy is to provide guests with a place where they feel at home and can completely unwind ... and you start to relax as soon as you check in to this cosy lodge. Despite the friendly feel, it is also run to the highest standards of guest hospitality.

Our room was really cosy and warm - despite the Yukon winter. We loved the hot tub and sauna. We got great trips for hikes - the lodge is at the start of the Alsec Valley walk, which is beautiful. We took the owners' dogs with us and they were great fun - we still miss them!

We had dinner each night and are very glad we did as the food was fantastic - even though we felt we were at the end of the world in the middle of winter we had fresh, organic ingredients cooked by a very talented chef. Breakfast was also creative and very tasty and the food provided was a very high standard.

I really wish we had had more time in this wonderful lodge and dream about going back! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Note: as the current owners have only been in situ for a couple of years, negative reviews from 2016 should be disregarded.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank TRS13
Roxy Tanase-Mason, General Manager at Mount Logan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so glad that we achieved our goal of making your stay amazing we do want each guest to feel at home as this place is a home away from home.

We hope you come back! We enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed ours. Our dogs will be waiting!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We rented the rustic cabin, one bedroom and the yurt last week-end. Roxanne and David were awesome!!! Yummy meals were cooked. We felt at home. Warm and welcoming atmosphere. It was -32 outside and one of the car did not start and David helped us to fix the situation.

Room tip: Great Yukon experience in the cabin and yurt.
Date of stay: January 2020
Roxanne T, General Manager at Mount Logan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It is our main goal that people feel at home when they come to Mount Logan Lodge. It's your "Home away from Home"! Looking forward to host you again!

Roxanne, David and Samuel

Reviewed November 13, 2019

I took my 10-year-old daughter and 4 of her friends to Mount Logan Lodge for a birthday weekend. We booked the yurt and it was absolutely magical! The owners have thought of everything. Even though it was colder than -20C, we were warm and cosy. There’s a view from every window and the lodge is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean.
We live in the Yukon and Mount Logan Lodge is quickly becoming our favourite stay-cation destination!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Roxanne T, General Manager at Mount Logan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2019

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It is so great to year and will make sure I pass this on also to our wonderful staff!

Come back again we love having you around!

Reviewed October 30, 2019

My husband and I reserved a night at the lodge on our road trip from Minnesota to Alaska. The trip was our first time traveling through hotels with pets. A lot of my travel experience was colored by learning what "pet friendly" means at lodging. We were so excited about the potential of this lodge by the website. I hoped for a lot of hiking opportunities easily accessible from the lodge. We had a strange night at the lodge, so our experience may not be representative. Nonetheless, there were some things I felt might be helpful for others to know as they decide whether to stay here.

First, if you are traveling with pets please know about the pet rules at the lodge. We pulled up to the lodge and two loose dogs ran up to our car. Our dogs went nuts and it was hard to calm them down. I got out and checked in inside the main lodge. The employee who checked us in said a dog was stuck under the porch and they were having a bit of an emergency and she was maybe a bit distracted. When asked if our dogs were good with other dogs, I let her know that one of our dogs can be dominating, so the employee said she'd get the loose dogs and put them inside the lodge (it seemed they belonged to the owner or an employee). She asked me if we had something (she seemed to imply a kennel) for the dogs to sleep in because they aren't allowed on the bed. I hadn't been told this rule and I didn't see it on the lodge website. I wish I would've known this when I booked the room because it put us in an awkward position - our dogs generally sleep in our bed at home and they are not dogs that can be trained instantly to change that behavior. I told her I'd keep the dogs off the bed as much as possible, which we did (with some stress).

More on the check-in process in a moment, suffice to say if you are considering this lodge please know not only are dogs not allowed on the bed but (at least in the Mount Vancouver room) the room is hardly bigger than the bed. Small dogs may be better suited to staying on the floor with you in these rooms, but our dogs were medium sized and had little space to be in the room. The lodge dogs were loose until late in the evening, so each time we went for a walk with our dogs theirs followed us part of the way. I understand that the lodge can set it's own rules for dogs owned by employees or the lodge operators. For us, though, we found it unwelcoming that the lodge dogs ran loose but it seemed the lodge wanted our dogs to be kept as invisible as possible.

Our check-in was odd, perhaps because of their emergency. Nobody really tried to make that right, though. We were never told we could access internet, when breakfast would be served, when coffee would be available, whether there were hours the main lodge was not to be accessed, if and where there were trails to enjoy with our dogs, etc. If there were trails in the area they were not obvious. As a result, we basically sat on the bed in our room all night repeatedly telling our dogs to stay away from or get off the bed. In the morning I tried to find someone in the lodge to check out but found nobody. While looking for someone, I saw the lodge had an overview sheet with information about things like internet, breakfast hours, coffee hours, when the lodge was accessible, etc., but there was no such sheet provided to us or placed in our room.

There are some things that would've made this stay better and other people may find this lodge a better fit than we did. Hopefully our check-in experience was a fluke given the lodges' emergency and some of this review won't apply to you. Regardless, know you might want to ask about when breakfast is served, how to access wi-fi, etc. because there may not be an information sheet in your room. It may be helpful for the lodge to ensure each room has one of those sheets, though, and even give an extra copy to each guest. I would not recommend this hotel for dog owners unless you have very small dogs. It would be helpful for the lodge to make their pet policies more explicit on their website so that potential guests can make an informed decision about whether lodge policy matches their dogs' training and the dogs' place in the family (are your dogs your kids, working animals, just animals, etc.). If other rooms are similar in size to the one we stayed in, it seems like the lodge may as well go pet-free or have a weight limit because there's no way a medium or large kennel would fit in the room. I would recommend this lodge to people who are tourists in the North and those who have never lived in frontier lodging. The location is remote enough that it'd also be great for people hoping to see northern lights. The decor in the room was cute and the bed was cozy. People traveling without pets may be better able to enjoy the rustic, cozy feeling of the lodge.

Date of stay: October 2019
Roxanne T, General Manager at Mount Logan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2019

Thank you for staying at Mount Logan Lodge. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We would like to address a few things that you had mentioned in your review.

To begin, I am usually at the lodge to greet all of our guests and explain our daily operations. This was my first time away on a much needed vacation after an incredibly busy summer with no break. I had left my trusted staff members in charge of the lodge and unfortunately there was a breakdown in communication; perhaps due to the fact that our staff was distracted by the emergency with one of our dogs. My staff member did inform me that she had walked you through the lodge and explained breakfast and lodge procedures. I am not sure where the miscommunication was in regards to this but once again we are sorry for the unpleasant experience.

All of our rooms have two pamphlets, one containing information on lodge procedures which includes breakfast times use of sauna, hot tub etc and our wifi password. This pamphlet was in your room when you left and is strategically placed in a very obvious location so I am not sure how you missed it. The other pamphlet is from our adventure company Yukon Guided Adventures and explains all of the services that we offer-including guided hikes. The woman who greeted you is one of our hiking guides and had told us she introduced herself as such. I am terribly sorry for the lost opportunity of discussion on trails as she has many amazing recommendations in the area and could have even taken you out if you had wanted. We do offer recommendations for hiking around our property but often wait for people to ask as there are many guests aren’t interested in that information.

Regarding the dog policy-This is an issue that we have considered for a while now. We do not really enjoy taking dogs as they create more damage and aren’t really worth the financial risk but we love animals and do not want to discriminate against pet owners. We initially were not going to take pets but had so many requests that we decided to open our lodge to pets with a strict pet policy. No dogs on the bed is a pretty standard rule in many hotels and I think it is a fairly reasonable request. We do have this policy listed on the website. We are a small business and simply can’t afford to purchase new mattresses/bedding every time a dog has an accident. We would like you to know that we do take guest complaints very seriously and upon considering your review we have decided to no longer accept pets at the lodge.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me.

Roxanne Mason
Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2019

We stayed at the lodge for a couple nights in October 2019. Food, room and company were awesome!
We tried to go hiking that one day but the icy roads kept us inside... for the best! We enjoyed a very relaxing day at the lodge!
I definitely recommend it to any one traveling to or through Haines Junction!

Date of stay: October 2019
Roxanne T, General Manager at Mount Logan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciated your visit and your company and hope we get to enjoy it again!