“Interesting concept ...”
Review of La Pizarra

La Pizarra
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Samborondon
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Description: La Pizarra is an Ecuadorian and author´s tapas restaurant. Our philosophy is based on working with seasonal products, inspired by the customs and festivities of our country.
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Very original restaurant in a nice location. Small portions of well cooked and nice looking food allow you to test and mix different flavours. Quality is not exceptional but the experience is quite exciting. Wish I have enough time in town to test all different tapas ...

Reviewed May 4, 2016

I first visited his restaurant in 2014. Came back for more in 2015, visiting his new location in San Borondón. Loved the cooking so much that I brought the Chef/Owner to cook for my daughter's wedding in Miami. The wedding was a gourmet success! I have received many compliments on the unique menu the Chef prepared, making the wedding a true culinary experience for the one hundred and forty five guests. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank mrodaz
Reviewed February 21, 2016

La Pizarra is not your typical tapas spot. Instead, what’s here is a sampling of local cuisine tastefully presented. In the place of tortilla Española and jamón serrano, what you’ll find are cleverly named dishes such as “patocón” or churrasquito.

The CC Plaza Ceibos location, where my wife and I dined on a recent Saturday evening, is decorated simply and always pristine clean. There are no reservations so you’ll want to arrive early in order to get a seat (7:00 PM is probably fine). The dishes are all prepared at the time ordered and the options are presented on a blackboard above the open kitchen.

Don’t let the simple décor fool you. La Pizarra is a great place to sample an array of bite-sized portions of comida costeña that is probably one of the best Ecuador has to offer. We’ve lived in Guayaquil for nearly two years now and are hard-pressed to think of a place with tastier food. We like the relaxed environment and always end up sampling four to six dishes over several hours. La Pizarra is a great place to spend a warm Guayaquil evening.

Reviewed February 18, 2016

The concept is very unique, trial size dishes of everything you can imagine in Ecuadorian food, exquisitely mixed flavors and affordable prices. I have tried 90% of the menu in the few times I've been there and there is not one dish I do not want to try again. You can eat 3-4 "tapas" per person, share them (two bites each) and try all the goodness this local chef has to offer. He's a great innovator and keeps foodies coming back with new creations from time to time. Their signature gin cocktail is amazing. Congratulations!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

The chef, founder of the restaurant is an absolute epicure. He has managed to conquer the rare, a 21st century approach to centuries old Ecuadorian cuisine, with winning combinations! Salud!