All reviewsvery nice hotelsingle nightcourse dinnerbreadnext morningmain coursehigh standardgreat breakfastair conditionan overnight stayrooms are cleancomwellselectionstrandseapillowsscandinavian
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I hosted a 2 day international conference at Comwell Køge.
I can recommend it as conference hotel as meeting facilities, technical and hostess support, reception, dinner and bar works really well.
Location at the sea is excellent in the summertime.
Improvement is that the rooms facing the parking lot and road was either very hot with closed doors/windows or noisy with open doors/windows.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Lovely hotel, set just outside the main town so not exactly near everything you would want, rooms are clean and tidy and very white, table nowhere near a plug socket small gripe with that but not enough to really be a criticism.

Meal was the steak and it was cooked very nicely good selection of whiskies behind the bar and Gabrielle, did a fatalistic job looking after us for the evening.

Breakfast on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment, not exactly sure what was on offer was a bit of a mix of all things i would not usually have for breakfast, maybe a cultural thing so again i'm not going to kick to hard

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I need to qualify my comment as solely base on my two nights stay at this hotel which is nothing exciting or extremely good that will make you want to come back or recommend others to come here.

Firstly, this hotel is way out of town and it is next to a beach but there is amenities nearby except a patrol kiosk. This means if you happen to feel hungry at night you will have to tolerate till next morning. Not sure if there is food delivery service as I didn’t notice any. As the hotel is located outskirts, it is built on a vast land and hotel is comprised of a one storey block and a two storey block, if you are unlucky to be assigned a room at a far end, you will need a long walk to reach your room, not forgetting to have your breakfast too.

Secondly, the hotel room lights are only a few which make the room very dimmed. What is worse is that the switches for the room lights are located next to the entrance and Not at the bed side, this really inconvenient you to switch off when you want sleep and to switch on the next morning when you wake up. Real hassle !!

Thirdly, electrical sockets are not located near the writing desk which charging of your mobile phones extremely inconvenient.

Fourthly, there is not closet in the room, but only three hangers and a couple of hooks are provided to hang your clothings.

Fifthly, as in other Nordic hotels in the country side, this hotel does not have air conditioning hence if your visit is from May onwards and during summer you can expect to stay in a hot and a stuffy room which for visitors from the tropical countries, it can be quite unbearable.

In addition, this hotel does not change the towels for you even though the towels you used is still wet and dirty. What’s worse is that the telephone in the room is not users friendly and is hard to reach the reception, which means you have to take a long walk to the reception as in my case to request for the change of towels.

Last but not least is that the hotel breakfast is terribly horrid as can be seen in the photos attached. There is no warm or hot foods at the breakfast table except coffee and hot water for tea, everything is presented cold. But I must say this breakfast spread is specially catered for the guests from tour group as I can see the breakfast spread in another dining room was a lot better but too bad as we are not allowed to go in hence I can’t have photos for comparison. The treatment inevitably makes you feel that the hotel practice discrimination especially we are given a plate of noodle which is fried with nothing. A noodle fried with nothing and serve cold is certainly not an Asian dish neither it is an western dish, it is just a dish anyhow cooked for the guests. This is really unthinkable. Not to mention the service staff at the dinning room are not very friendly either.

Hence my conclusion is I will never return to this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gæsteansvarlig G, General Manager at Comwell Koge Strand, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. The details regarding a stay with us booked through an agency is always discussed with the agency in advance. We are always working on getting better and I appreciate your honesty in your feedback. I will take it to the agency and promise to use it actively.

Thank you and have a very nice day.

Best regards
Chren Thomsen

Reviewed May 8, 2018

If you arrive between 17-18, you can count on queue to check in. It was 6 people ahead of me, and it went smoothly, until the last person in front of me was checking in. It took more than 10 minutes. at the same time there were additional staff who went into a room behind reception. The person standing at the desk looked several times at the door if the person would come out and help her. Finally she found the reservation. Then it was my turn. Everything went well until she demanded a deposit and informed me that I could come later and pay for the room. None of the people before me had to leave a deposit, for all was Danish speakers, while I who speak Swedish with work in Denmark had to leave a deposit of 1500 DKK. I have been working for 6 years in Denmark and it was the first time I had to leave a deposit. To me it is nothing but discrimination. Because of this I decided not to spend more money at this hotel. Later in the evening I went to the front desk to pay for my room, to get back my deposit. No, we will return the deposit tomorrow when you check out. Then I did not to have to pay for my room that night. When I check out tomorrow and request a receipt that the deposit is released, then it is impossible to get a confirmation of this. The rooms are not made to stay for several days. There is no closet where you can hang your clothes. There is a large table for working, but there are no sockets, so you can not connect your computer or other equipment. The breakfast is a bit above average in quality, but lacks a lot of everyday products. Overall not bad but neither higher class.

Room Tip: Location is fantastic, but if yoy also need to work in the evening, choose another place to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Gæsteansvarlig G, Front Office Manager at Comwell Koge Strand, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Dear Janne

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is a normal procedure in all Comwell hotels that we take an autorisation on all our guests who are checking in at the hotel. The autorisation is DKK 500,- per night. If not in cash then we take an autorisation on a credit card. This amount will be released at check out if there are not any extras on the bill. I am sorry if you did not get the right information regarding this at check in.

For any further questions you are more than welcome to sent me an email on following: idp@comwell.dk

I hope too see you again at the hotel another good time.

I wish you a lovely Friday.

Best regards

Ida, front desk manager.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

Good value for money Hotel in Köge. I made a stay over on my drive through in Denmark. Excellent location nearby the see with nice surroundings and yet close to the free way if you have your own car. Good as a stay over hotel or for a weekend by the sea. good standard hotel with fitness center as well restaurant and bar on site. Room was spacious and cleanliness was good, breakfast was ok but it was a bit small in selection. There is room for improvement but yet good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Fredrik

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Vi are glad to hear that you had a good stay and hope to see you again another good time. For questions or other actions you are always welcome to sent me an email on: idp@comwell.dk.

I wish you a lovely Friday.

Best regards,