“Fantastic”
Review of Can Sophia

Can Sophia
Reserve with
Can Sophia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Tossa de Mar
Price range: US$46 - US$77
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL THE 1st OF APRIL 2019. We apoligize for any inconvenience. Can Sophia Restaurante. Our Restaurant is located in the old garden of this 200 years old mansion house. This cozy restaurant offers you contemporany dishes prepared using the finest quality and seasonal products. Can Sophia is twice elected as "Best restaurant of the Costa Brava".
Reviewed June 29, 2018

I wrote a review in July 2017 on this restaurant singing its praises and nothing has changed....Excellent

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We visited Tossa de Mar between a visit to Paris and Barcelona. We were traveling as a family with 2 children (8 and 13) and thus were not on a major fine dining tour of Europe. That said, we ate and some good restaurants but this was by far the best restaurant we ate in during our 2 weeks in Europe. The space of the restaurant is beautiful and we were lucky to have a table outside in the courtyard on a really temperate June evening. The service was wonderful. We have a child with a nut allergy and they were very accomodating. Most importantly the food was incredible. We all ordered very different dishes (seafood, pasta, duck, escargot) and they were all cooked perfectly. It would be worth a side trip to Tossa from Barcelona or Girona just to eat here. It was a truly wonderful gourmet experience.

3  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

While roaming about Old Town streets, I came across a wonderful terrace in a very quiet and picturesque place. I was drinking coffee there, reading and then I found the name of the place on the net, many positive feedbacks and decided to reserve a table in advance. The servings of the food is very peculiar, the food is worth tasting, the service is a 5 star one!!!!There was a memorable dinner with my family in rather a special place. The fish of the day and desserts were beyond our expectations!
I'll be looking forward to returning to this beautiful place and hope to stay in their boutique hotel!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

We ate on the outside patio and garden area and it was just lovely. The food is excellent except for the ceviche which was really weird compared to what I've had before...skip it! To be honest I can't remember what I had for my entree but do remember the desert...crème brulee cute in bite size pieces in a bowl with little pieces of cake and a raspberry puree sprinkled with fresh orange juice...it was divine as was the cava. Enjoy, great restaurant.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Its the little things that make your night .
The food and wine and of course the service was excellent .
The restaurant was stunning and photos can't do it justice .
But it was the way in which they generally thoughtful that shone for us.