“Family Scuba Training”
Review of Atlantic Divers

Atlantic Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantic Divers Tenerife is one of the largest scuba diving centers in Tenerife and is a P.A.D.I. Gold Palm 5 Star Instructor Development Centre as well as a B.S.A.C. Dive Training Centre. We welcome all organizations to dive in Tenerife, with us. From the non-divers to the most qualified. Our PADI and BSAC Dive Centre in Tenerife caters for groups diving as well as individuals. Diving in Tenerife is an experience not to be missed. Some of the best diving in the Canary Islands. We are a fully insured and registered diving centre, as are our 6 qualified Open Water Instructors. We have two dive boats, both insured and registered with the Capitan Maritime, two minibuses and 25 full sets of diving equipment. Scuba diving in Tenerife, with its lava reefs, drop offs, caverns, wrecks, abundant marine life, clear and warm waters make diving simply the best…… night diving in Tenerife is also a must, any night of the week. Ovur dive centre opens from 8.45am until 18.00. seven days a week.
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I learned to dive 25+ years ago but hadn't dived for 10 years as the 3 children arrived and grew up. Now the youngest is 11 the world of diving opened up again. Dan and Alex the diving instructors were really good with the children and made the learning easy and fun in the classroom, pool and in the sea. The children (15, 12 & 11) felt confident with them and by the end of the course we had 2 qualified open water divers and one discover scuba diver. The dive sites around Las Galletas are great - close to the harbour, ranging from 5-25m and lots of sea life as well as amazing underwater scenery. We saw octopus, huge sting rays, barracuda, moray eels as well as many smaller fish. The visibility was very good , 20m plus and water temperature at 20 degrees was good.
They will pick you up from the airport and take you to and from the Dive Shop to the pool or harbour in their van. The dives are from a RIB which has a ladder to get back in the boat at the end of the dive.
You can take your own gear or hire it. We took our own regs but the children all used Atlantics gear which is well-used but worked fine. (If you are looking for brand new hire gear Atlantic may not suit you). Dan is a marine biologist and both he and Alex know a huge amount about the diving in the area and are very competent instructors and boat handlers. Both were great with the children; patient and able to express lain in a child friendly way. They made all the children feel confident and able.
A great experience.
Looking forward to family scuba holidays now!

1  Thank David W
geoffbidwell, Owner at Atlantic Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi David,

Thank you for your great review, and feed back.
It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and I know Dan and Alex enjoyed it too.
Apologies for the regs, but we do have 6 sets of new DIN sets in. I think the lads thought it easier for the children to use A clamps.
Looking forward to your next visit in the not too distant future...

Best regards

"puffer fish"
"las galletas"
"fantastic holiday"

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I did a few try dives with these guys before then last week did my open water with them. Dan, Alex and Linda are great instructors, very professional and give excellent advice. Great fun, too. Tonnes of excellent dive sites nearby and the guys were very knowledgeable about all of them. 10/10 highly recommended.

geoffbidwell, Owner at Atlantic Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hi Rory,

Many thanks pal... great re-view. Look forward to your next trip..

Geoff

Reviewed 29 March 2017

While in Tenerife I got to experience a try dive with these guys. They are a great bunch of guy and looked after us very well. Not only was the dive a great experience but they looked after us after the dive too, they took us for what I could only describe as the best ribs in Tenerife and then on for drinks in the best bars close to Costa del Silencio. I now plan on doing my own diving course with these guys and their prices are very good! These guys will even arrange transport to and from the Airport to pick up groups if you wanna dive and know the best places to go after to chill out.

1  Thank Rich6669

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the great feedback. Glad you enjoyed our speciality..... The Rib Shack!

Regards Geoff...

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Had a fantastic holiday with Geoff and Dan at Atlantic divers, especially the rays. Really great dive centre and look after their guests very well

Cheers Angie,

It was fun diving with you too, really nice meeting you. Until next time...

Regards Geoff...

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We've just spent three days diving with Atlantic Divers. As a North European diver used to club diving with self-sufficient buddy pairs and no guide or DM hand-holding, I was as always slightly apprehensive about how we'd be treated as divers in a warm climate tourist destination. It turned out I shouldn't have worried at all since Geoff is well experienced with CMAS- and BSAC- certed divers. They wanted our first dive to be an easy shakedown dive, undoubtedly to size us up and decide what kind of follow-up we needed. I have no issues with that, since I'm also sizing up a new buddy and prefer my first dive with a new buddy be to an easy one just in case. By the third day of diving when we've all had time to know each others' abilities and diving styles, I'd have to look at my credit card statement to find out if we were paying customers or just a bunch of clubmates going on a trip.

The tourist authorities of Tenerife really don't market South Tenerife diving as well as they ought to. Lots of sea life, great diving, and even if Atlantic Divers initially may look a little threadworn, all equipment worked flawlessly and obviously had been maintained properly. The shop's outlook both safety and giving their customers the chance to dive the way they really want is very commendable in a vacation destination like Tenerife. At the same time, we saw very good treatment of less experienced divers. No matter your experience level, Atlantic Divers should be one of your first choices for diving in Tenerife.

Highly recommended.

3  Thank StorkerFromNorway

Hi Storker,

Brilliant review. I like the dig at the Local authorities who, shamefully, DO NOT market the excellent diving here. Well at least you are spreading the good word amongst our northern Viking friends... :-)

Best regards Geoff..