“Great views ... comes with a big price!!”
Review of Baia Beach Club

Baia Beach Club
Ranked #30 of 120 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$20 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I was part of a group which I knew this was going to be on the expensive side. I was happy to chill out and go with the flow, which I did and enjoyed ourselves.

The place is super, amazing views and great layout. They have a side with deckchairs and an chill-out area with the bar. Then the restaurant stands on the top part of the premises still enjoying the magnificent views.

As a group entertaining a friend of ours I didn't quite look at the individual prices however the restaurant and bar were on the expensive side. An aperol spritz costs €7 and spirits with mixers vary from €5 to €8 if i recall well. The food prices also were on the expensive side such as starters being over €10, pasta vongole €20. However the staff were very attentive and the food was pretty fresh. Those having lampuki fish claimed it was very fresh too. Though you are then looking at €25 a plate. We went all the way from prosecco, to desserts and coffee which were quite delish. However little choice on the menu as mostly fish!!!

All in all be prepared to spend quite a bit but also to get a nice chilled day at the beach without too many people around!! In part being on the expensive side helps to keep unnecessary crowds away however I do recommend to review the food and drinks menu and reinvent creatively to make up to why people are paying such high prices. If so i would visit more often ;)

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Jsftnt

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Was here to have a dinner and I have to say, the view is pretty amazing. we ordered starters which were good, and then we ordered our main dishes. We were a bit disappointed with the main dishes. We though they would be fresher and tastier.

The prices on the higher side of the Maltese restaurant price range, and in my opinion, for what you get is not justifiable.

1  Thank BG176
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Baia is my favourite summer spot in Malta. When all beaches are overcrowded and beach clubs are jammed packed Baia is just fantastic. I applaude the owners for not being greedy as they could have easily have doubled the amount of beach beds. For this reason as well as the lovely setting itself (Malta as it could be!) and the very friendly and welcoming staff I would give this place 5 stars.
The only thing lacking for me is the food. The menu is pretty much the same every year and just doesn't excite me (or my friends). It's never bad but it's just OK, when it could be so much more. I feel that somehow there isn't the passion in the kitchen. This feels out of sync with the rest of the staff or Baia itself which is otherwise fantastic. Fingers crossed for Summer 2018 :-)

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Cool atmosphere, great drinks and good food. Perfect for a chill weekend with some friends by the sea.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Biggest disappointment following our visit last week is the fact that the water immediately in front of the sun beds was full of rubbish, and we would have expected the staff to have cleaned this up prior to guests arriving. Therefore there was no real safe entry into the sea directly from Baia Beach Club [you needed to enter via the beach nearby]. Also, very noticeable given the number of children present, and who were deserving a cleaner entry point. Other than this negative comment, the staff were very pleasant, food at lunch time was good and the views good, albeit, and as previously noted by other reviewers, the surroundings to Baia not the best

1  Thank malbev