“Ok ”

Baia Beach Club
Ranked #30 of 120 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$20 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I went with my friends as a day to just relax. When we got in the staff were very friendly and asked my friend for her credit card to keep tabs on what we order. we decided to order a coffee, although 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hr the coffee still hadn’t come! We forgot about it and went to the bar to order a drink with my friends daughter. The Barista made a pointless comment saying, why do you look so pale man? To my friends daughter. She was quite offended because it’s honestly none of his business and not his job to comment on something like that. We went up to the restaurant and ordered a platter which said “with 3 special fish on a bed of salad” but what we got was hardly that. There were 3 morsels of fish and lots of bread, and no salad! We paid 25 euros for that platter and yet we get barely any fish! At the end of the day we were paying and we were charged for lots of stuff which weren’t ours! At first, I knew we shouldn’t have given them the credit card, I mean, how stupid of a system IS that? They were quite reasonable about this confusion though and offered to give us the cocktails on the House. We will go there again but we will be more aware of what to give to the baristas.

2  Thank cathydowney

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I was part of a group which I knew this was going to be on the expensive side. I was happy to chill out and go with the flow, which I did and enjoyed ourselves.

The place is super, amazing views and great layout. They have a side with deckchairs and an chill-out area with the bar. Then the restaurant stands on the top part of the premises still enjoying the magnificent views.

As a group entertaining a friend of ours I didn't quite look at the individual prices however the restaurant and bar were on the expensive side. An aperol spritz costs €7 and spirits with mixers vary from €5 to €8 if i recall well. The food prices also were on the expensive side such as starters being over €10, pasta vongole €20. However the staff were very attentive and the food was pretty fresh. Those having lampuki fish claimed it was very fresh too. Though you are then looking at €25 a plate. We went all the way from prosecco, to desserts and coffee which were quite delish. However little choice on the menu as mostly fish!!!

All in all be prepared to spend quite a bit but also to get a nice chilled day at the beach without too many people around!! In part being on the expensive side helps to keep unnecessary crowds away however I do recommend to review the food and drinks menu and reinvent creatively to make up to why people are paying such high prices. If so i would visit more often ;)

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Jsftnt
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Was here to have a dinner and I have to say, the view is pretty amazing. we ordered starters which were good, and then we ordered our main dishes. We were a bit disappointed with the main dishes. We though they would be fresher and tastier.

The prices on the higher side of the Maltese restaurant price range, and in my opinion, for what you get is not justifiable.

1  Thank BG176
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Baia is my favourite summer spot in Malta. When all beaches are overcrowded and beach clubs are jammed packed Baia is just fantastic. I applaude the owners for not being greedy as they could have easily have doubled the amount of beach beds. For this reason as well as the lovely setting itself (Malta as it could be!) and the very friendly and welcoming staff I would give this place 5 stars.
The only thing lacking for me is the food. The menu is pretty much the same every year and just doesn't excite me (or my friends). It's never bad but it's just OK, when it could be so much more. I feel that somehow there isn't the passion in the kitchen. This feels out of sync with the rest of the staff or Baia itself which is otherwise fantastic. Fingers crossed for Summer 2018 :-)

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Cool atmosphere, great drinks and good food. Perfect for a chill weekend with some friends by the sea.

Date of visit: June 2017