“Unique to Malta”

Baia Beach Club
Ranked #29 of 119 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$20 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Probably the coolest place in Malta to chill by the beautiful sea and enjoy time with friends. Very cool. Really enjoyed our afternoon there. Arrived by boat, food was amazing and the wine I vaguely remember being very nice indeed. Lovely people there as well both serving and enjoying the club. Just what the island needed.

1  Thank NickDuffy

Reviewed October 9, 2017

This is a classy bar/club they charge for sun loungers of course but it's a bit special and exclusive, worth it if you want to get away from the hoards.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I went with my friends as a day to just relax. When we got in the staff were very friendly and asked my friend for her credit card to keep tabs on what we order. we decided to order a coffee, although 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hr the coffee still hadn’t come! We forgot about it and went to the bar to order a drink with my friends daughter. The Barista made a pointless comment saying, why do you look so pale man? To my friends daughter. She was quite offended because it’s honestly none of his business and not his job to comment on something like that. We went up to the restaurant and ordered a platter which said “with 3 special fish on a bed of salad” but what we got was hardly that. There were 3 morsels of fish and lots of bread, and no salad! We paid 25 euros for that platter and yet we get barely any fish! At the end of the day we were paying and we were charged for lots of stuff which weren’t ours! At first, I knew we shouldn’t have given them the credit card, I mean, how stupid of a system IS that? They were quite reasonable about this confusion though and offered to give us the cocktails on the House. We will go there again but we will be more aware of what to give to the baristas.

2  Thank cathydowney
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I was part of a group which I knew this was going to be on the expensive side. I was happy to chill out and go with the flow, which I did and enjoyed ourselves.

The place is super, amazing views and great layout. They have a side with deckchairs and an chill-out area with the bar. Then the restaurant stands on the top part of the premises still enjoying the magnificent views.

As a group entertaining a friend of ours I didn't quite look at the individual prices however the restaurant and bar were on the expensive side. An aperol spritz costs €7 and spirits with mixers vary from €5 to €8 if i recall well. The food prices also were on the expensive side such as starters being over €10, pasta vongole €20. However the staff were very attentive and the food was pretty fresh. Those having lampuki fish claimed it was very fresh too. Though you are then looking at €25 a plate. We went all the way from prosecco, to desserts and coffee which were quite delish. However little choice on the menu as mostly fish!!!

All in all be prepared to spend quite a bit but also to get a nice chilled day at the beach without too many people around!! In part being on the expensive side helps to keep unnecessary crowds away however I do recommend to review the food and drinks menu and reinvent creatively to make up to why people are paying such high prices. If so i would visit more often ;)

1  Thank Jsftnt
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Was here to have a dinner and I have to say, the view is pretty amazing. we ordered starters which were good, and then we ordered our main dishes. We were a bit disappointed with the main dishes. We though they would be fresher and tastier.

The prices on the higher side of the Maltese restaurant price range, and in my opinion, for what you get is not justifiable.

1  Thank Mercury C