Solana Hotel and Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$136
US$127
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$128
US$125
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

Aurora(Mellieha)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
4,751 results
All reviewstime sharemokka barflavours restauranttimeshare presentationdiscount cardagliolio restaurantpromotional holidayapples eyeisland residence clubprivate beachsea viewsales pitchfive star hotelhotel restaurantsindoor poolhired a carself catering
Reviewed December 1, 2008

This hotel is in a lovely locaiton - away from the tower blocks and development. It has a good feel - there was a tree planting weekend whilst we stayed. Beautiful rooms and despite the moody weather we couldnt have had a more relaxing time. The reception staff, particularly Jenna, are exceptional and make you feel very welcome. The spa offers great treatments - we sampled 2, although the staff there need some serious training. I completed a comment card and 2 of them tried confronting me and wanted me to discuss it with them! All handled in rather an intimidating way. I said I would be happy to discuss with the management - but they never called (these 2 said they were the management, so I am not surprised!) Aside from this our stay was most enjoyable and I would recommend the resort and deserted swimming bay nearby for a rejuvenating break prior to Christmas. Needless to say, Malta is seeped in history and the locals a joy to interact with - so the odd rainy day in November does not matter at all!

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank worldmysteryshopper
Reviewed November 16, 2008

stayed there for a week very clean lovely hotel food good staff friendly beach lovely for a 5 star the prices did not reflect this i found food and drink cheap only problem i had was the kids club put my daughter in for an hour and went back to get her and she been crying all that time they never came to look for me which i was not happy about she was the only child there with three staff but all in all a lovely hotel

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sandyKildare
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Won this holiday so I didnt mind that the quality of the accommodation wasn't really a 5*.

1st morning there the shower head came off, the toilet wouldn't flush, only one pair of slippers in the bath robe and the flannel vanished the next day and never re-appeared. The air conditioning unit would cut off 2/3 times during the night so we gave up and just left the overhead fan on and the window open.

It took a whole day before someone finally turned up to sort out the shower head.

The 3 eating areas local to the hotel are a must with traditional simple Maltese food or English if you prefer, my OH had a full English breakfast every morning the oinker.

Eating at the hotel is a luxury which we did once only, who pays £16 for a buffet breakfast and manages to eat £16 worth no-one I know.

The decor for a 3/4 year old building is a bit worn and could do with a lick of paint, the hall ways in the morning are always dark and also after 10pm at night, we complained that we needed a torch to find our way (not quite literally) to the room, but it didnt' make a blind bit of difference, the lights would be out the next morning.

Just thankful we like Malta and the people, we would stay at the Radisson again but not if we had to pay the full wack for the rooms !!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AthenaSlater
Reviewed November 5, 2008

Well it definitely is out in the middle of nowhere! If you plan on lying on the beach or at the pool for the entire stay with no sightseeing or nice dinners away from the hotel then this is the perfect place for you! If not DO NOT STAY HERE.
The hotel has a shuttle into the city of Valletta, where there are busses running to all ends of the island. The only problem is they only have 14 seats available and the last one in that is free from Valletta at night is at 7, so eat early or eat at the hotel.
We were in room 2317 which has a 9 ft wall between us and our "scenic country" view. Upon complaining, as I imagine anyone coming to an ocean front resort of this calibur would, we were told there was nothing they could do and at best, Tues. they could change if something opened up. We arrived on Fri. In addition, our balcony door did not lock, and they were having pump up sales sessions below us each morning before awakening. I guess they have a hard time selling timeshares. By Mon. night we had had it with the hotel, the staff, our room, the bus system etc. We pulled a manager aside and from then on out we had a room with a view and no further problems. The bus system is rare and often runs late. There is no direct route to the airport and the taxis are freakin expenisve, even to go down the road. In hindsight, I would not stay here again, nor would I have booked it in the first place if I knew then what I know now! Beware!

Agliolio is a great restaurant, we ate there 2-3 times. Fantastic pastas and desserts!

The pool is beautiful, I wish we could have been there in the summer and enjoyed it more..

The rooms had a kitchenette, which was great for making fast breakfasts, chilling wine, and making sandwiches.
HINT: DON'T MISS GOZO!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel because my parents own a timeshare here. The hotel itself is very big, nice and clean. We had a nice cosy room, with a sea view which was beautiful. The balcony was nice and clean with a pull out rail for clothes etc.

Only some of the staff were nice here. Marco was lovely!(from the animation team). I wouldn't say this is a 5 star hotel, probably 4 star. The problem was we had a self catering room, and there was a deli downstairs, which had a reasonable stock of things but considering it was so expensive to eat in the hotel and not much choice, there should have been more food available in the deli.

We went to Flavours on our last night and it was 29 euros per person without drinks! It was buffet and there wasnt much choice of food and it wasn't that nice.

We went to Agliglios (can't spell it) and sat outside and there were stray cats walking around, sitting under our table and chair and i hate cats!

Mocha (i think its called) did a nice continental brekkie for 8 euros

The pools were ok- but the weather wasn't hot enough to go in them, and the same thing with the beach. The indoor pool and jacuzzi was fine, but they need to brighten up that place a bit.

The munchies cafe on the beach nearest the hotel was a nice atmosphere, but very small. The one on the beach which looks like a hut with fairy lights was dark and like a teenage hangout!

Apples was also a bit of a backstreet cafe!.We felt quite isolated really, no shops to walk around. So we stayed in every evening. You do need a car to get around, otherwise you have to rely on
the bus which had switched to its winter timetable! so had to wait ages for it, it was always late, and there is siesta so shops close at 1pm, and the bus drivers are unfriendly, and never tell you when its your stop!

Then we got caught in the timeshare business. they asked us if we were british and said they had directions on malta and gave us a ticket, told us to rip it open. my husband had won a bottle of wine and i had won a holiday. they took us back to this hotel- we told them we were staying here already and on our parents timeshare. they said they would keep us one hour but kept us for 2 maybe 3. they were really nice to us until we said refused the timeshare. after that they just blanked us. the people in the timeshare reception never said hello to us- and it really made me uncomfortable every time we had to walk through there. so this really spoilt the trip for us. and it wasnt a free holiday- always a catch!

the only thing we enjoyed was charlie's boat trip on golden bay beach. he does a one hour trip where he takes you to a cave and you can get out and swim in the blue water. only 10 euros and well worth it!

We were told malta people are friendly- we met maybe 5 friendly people! There was nothing exciting to do in malta. we found it boring and much prefered our trip last year to egypt..

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple