2,489 results
All reviews tosca restaurant rooftop pool the bus self catering welcome drink sister hotel half board lovely hotel studio room steep hill small balcony breakfast and dinner great holiday hotel is situated enjoyable stay busy road cleaned every day
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Friendly and professional staff who will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. excellent facilities and spacious, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank shoulders579
Reviewed November 17, 2011

this was my first trip to Malta, and I was not disappointed stayed in Mellieha which I thought was a lovely place, great views wherever you walked.
the hotel was lovely and clean with very friendly staff, I stayed on a self catering basis, the room was lovely and spacious with the cooking facilities in a large concealed cupboard, very well done! blended in with all the other furniture in the room. I only ate once in the hotel and what I did have was very nice and plentiful, I mostly catered for myself or went out.
one reviewer said there was no wi-fi in the room, well there was in my room!
I didn't think much to the TV , just those three English speaking channels, which just repeat the same programmes day after day!

do ask for a room at the back though, I had a room which had a balcony but looked out onto other rooms, you had to look up to see the sky! which then of course made the room very dark, one day I had the chance to change but by that time it wasn't worth it, and after all you don't spend all your time on holiday in your room!

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Alice B
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just got back from staying in Solana Mellieha,Great hotel with friendly helpful staff,room was very spacious and clean,our stay was bed and breakfast,and the food was good,Solana is in good position with bus stop right outside which was great,we bus hopped all over and the fares were cheap,Mellieha was very quiet but this is probably because it was November,but weather was great.No problems with hotel,the only thing that bugged us,and others was all the flies,everyone was swatting them ,in breakfast room and lobby,they need to do something about them wouldnt like to think whats its like in summer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carol817
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Comparing to the 4* Maritim just a few blocks away, Solana is certainly not a 4*. However, it has its pros and cons.

Pros: Excellent location in Mellieha, bus stop right outside. Very friendly and polite staff. Spacious room. Good evening entertainment. Clean room. English channels include Foxlife, BBC entertainment and Sky news. Although breakfast choices remained the same for the whole week, it has a reasonable range of food for breakfast and quality is good. Free WiFi in the lobby.

Cons: Not to mention the heat in the lobby, they constantly switched off the air-conditioning in our room, had to keep on calling the reception to have it turned on. The room is too hot as our balcony is right above the air-conditioning below. We can't even open the window. One day, they stopped the shower water for maintenance without advance warning. When I called the reception, they said it would be resumed very quickly. But when we checked out, it was still off. I was furious. Didn't have food in the restaurant because we saw lots of flies sticking on the cakes in the cafe. That puts us off totally. WiFi is not accessible in rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bluecookie
SolanaHotel, General Manager at Solana Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read that the Solana Hotel & Spa did not fully meet your expectations during your recent stay.

We constantly strive hard in offering our guests a quality holiday experience, however we realise that there may be occasions when we do not fully succeed. On such occasions we welcome constructive criticism, which we evaluate and act upon, when deemed necessary. Where the water issue is concerned, please rest assured that this was not something that was fore planned but a matter of a water system malfunction within a small section of the property.

Please do accept our sincerest apologies for the situation and we very much hope that you will not hesitate in allowing the Solana Hotel & Spa a second chance in re-winning your trust. Should you indeed decide to return to Malta, please do not hesitate to contact myself personally, where I shall do the necessary arrangements to ensure that you will have a positive experience throughout.

Best regards,

Elaine Cutajar Debono

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I just came back from Malta. Malta so beautiful but hotel nothing special. There is not anything for kids :( just one small room and one toy !!!!!! Food OMG !!! so bad !!!! If you planning to stay in that hotel go without kids and eat OUT !!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
ManagementPergola, General Manager at Solana Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear that you did not find all of the hotel's products up to your expectations. We are determined to do our utmost to ensure that our present and future guests, get the best out of their experience at the Solana Hotel & Spa, thus we would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss this matter in a more profound manner.

Yours Sincerely,