All reviews carob tree private beach heated pool the cliff steam room half board family pool adult pool peace and quiet overlooking the sea maltese islands walking holiday relaxing hotel lovely setting main restaurant games room the general manager
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Recently my husband and I had our wedding reception at Palazzo Palina at Ta' Cenc Hotel. It is a really beautiful and historic venue. The food and the staff were excellent. I must say that everything was as we expected it to be. The desserts and wedding cake done by George were exceptional.

1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed June 26, 2016

We had a short day visit for drinks and snacks.
Setting beautiful.
Lovely realxing few hours.
Service not as good as some other places.
Attention to detail lacking a bit maybe just staff learning.
Worth a visit though.

2  Thank brian2bennett
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

It was our first time at Ta Cenc coming from Malta..runing away from noise ..cars..loud music..and we were deeply impressed with the hotel...I was not scared away of people who rated it 3*. i was convinced that those people know nothing about 5* gozitan style..country side style..that peace and that relaxing atmosphere in nature..all rooms ground floor with private small yard..we loved it...good food and friendly staff..
We just loved it..whenever we need peace will be back :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here for four nights. We also got married in Palazzo Palina at the hotel. We booked everything online and we were very satisfied. The hotel were even nicer than on the pictures!
The hotel is very beautiful and got some historic buildnings as well. The Palazzo Palina is from the 17th and 18th centurary.
The staff was excellent and helped us with all our bookings and questions. The hotel's wedding coordinator David is very good.
The hotel has got three nice pools, the indoor/outdoor lagun pool is fantastic.
We food on the hotel was excellent.
I have nothing bad to say about the hotel. I only wish we could stay longer!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2016

This is a lovely peaceful hotel set in beautiful grounds. We stayed in a standard room for the first three nights and then transferred to a trullo for the remainder of our stay. The standard room was of a really good size with a refurbished bathroom, we liked it very much & would have been quite happy to stay for the duration had we not booked a trullo. However, once we had moved, we were not disappointed with the trullo. We loved that it was quirky and gave us more privacy, coupled with a wonderful view. Our room number was 132, and we highly recommend it.

Other reviewers have complained about decor, saying rooms need updating, we disagree, we think they are lovely as they are, the decor adds to the charm of the place, modern contemporary decoration would not suit this location & style of building.

We ate at the hotel every evening & thoroughly enjoyed the food & service, the waiters are great. One evening we went down to il Kantra for dinner, it was my birthday and I wanted somewhere really special to eat & il Kantra fitted the bill perfectly, with it's wonderful setting, lovely fresh fish dishes & great service provided by Chris. Certainly a birthday meal to remember.

All in all we had a really enjoyable, relaxing holiday, my only disappointment, not being able to swim at il Kantra lido because of hundreds of jelly fish in the sea at the time of our visit.

Highly recommend Ta Cenc, would like it to be adults only though as I feel this hotel is more suited to couples than families. This was our second visit and I am certain it won't be our last.

Room tip: Room 132, very private with lovely views.