“Worst service I have ever had from a 'four star' hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saint Patrick's Hotel

Saint Patrick's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Xlendi
Msida
“Worst service I have ever had from a 'four star' hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had booked to stay in this hotel before reading more about it. The pictures looked wonderful and the location was perfect.

As soon as I arrived to check in I was greeted by the rudest receptionist I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. Not only was she arrogant, she even told me off for reading the hotel agreement I was signing, which also had my credit card number on it.

If it were not for having booked for my stay on Expedia, hence had paid for my two night stay in full, I would have left immediately.

The room was mediocre, old and the sheets were clean but stained. The air conditioning system did not work.

The terrible service did not just end at check in, I found most of the staff to be very rude and unhelpful.

I do not know how this is supposed to be a four star hotel.

It is three star at best.

I had really been looking forward to my 'weekend romantic getaway' and they really dampened my excitement.

Thankfully Gozo and Xlendi are so beautiful that we didn't have to spend much time at the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the valley facing side unless you wish to hear loud music from the club downstairs un...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank alby_fleuvio
Karl G, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Allow to thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

We deeply regret that we were not able to meet your expectations and that you were disappointed with the service and the room you were allocated.

We have taken immediate measures to ensure that similar issues do not reoccur.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Yours sincerely

Karl Gaffiero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stopped in Xlendi at lunchtime looking for a suitable restaurant, the first place we went into was the Saint Patrick's Hotel and sat ourselves outside at a table overlooking the harbour. We ordered drinks, a local antipasta starter and main dishes of lamb cutlets and swordfish. Along with the drinks we were served a green olive tapenade and various breadstick etc. we both agreed that it was the best tapenade either of us had ever tasted. When our antipasto arrived it had an array of olives, sun dried tomato tapenade, local pickled onions and goats cheese, all of it tasted great however the show stopper was the lamb cutlets, 9 of them arranged around a hollowed out tomato filled with mint sauce, it looked and tasted fabulous. The food was the best we had during a weeks stay in Malta, the price was amazing for the quality of food and service and the location was picture postcard perfect. Don't miss this place if you are in Xlendi.

1 Thank greymanEly
Island of Gozo, Malta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

19th March 2012 we went to the restaurant which is near the sea side. Lunch was a night mare and we never had it. We arrived at 2:15... Old grump man gave me the menu immediately....no politeness.....We were there in the sun. At around 3:00, after around 45 mins waiting and we wave for him and always saying he is coming and never came. Afterwards he came to us and he told us...What do you need and he told us back..very rude...I am sorry NOW the kitchen is closed.... And I told him why did you gave us the menu and...if now the kitchen is closed.... he told us he can only do a baguette SINCE THE OVEN IS SWITCH OFF AND IF IT CAUSE PROBLEMS TO THE OVEN IF SWITCHED ON AGAIN.....I told him that is the service at ST Patrick Hotel? People looking at us to show them the horrible service that they offer!! I never recommend this Horrible Hotel which is named as 4STAR and I think its not even 1star hotel!!!

4 Thank MM380
Karl G, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Allow to thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with valuable feedback relating to your experience at our restaurant.

We deeply regret that we were not able to provide you with better service on this occasion. We are currently in the process of restructuring our resources at the restaurant in order to be able to offer a higher level of service on a more consistent basis. We would be honoured should you choose to return to the St. Patrick’s Hotel in the near future to witness these changes for yourself.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Whilst looking forward to welcoming you to the St. Patrick’s Hotel, I remain,

Yours sincerely

Karl Gaffiero

Travellers are raving about these Xlendi hotels

msida-malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have booked this Hotel to a couple friends of mine who was spending a 2 days in Gozo as hotel where i was staying was fully Booked for this weekend.
I was so glad to hear from them that they was so please with this hotel.
They told me that the staff was great and Breakfast and Dinner was fantastic. Room was nice and clean.They told they will sure book other weekend break at this nice hotel.
Anthony Arpa - Malta

Room Tip: A nice hotel for those spending days on this nice Island of Gozo
1 Thank thesegmrs
Amesbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This Hotel has a lot going for it, but has a lot of potential not realised. We stayed in March and had a thoroughly good Holiday. I t is important when staying at this Hotel to upgrade to the sea view rooms with balcony. we spent many hours looking out to sea or watching the sunset and on one day just watching the torrential downpour, with millons of gallons of water cascading of the mountains in a series of quite spectacular waterfalls. The hotel is clean and the room and beds extremely comfortable. the staff were mostly friendly and welcoming. There were several missed opportunities we felt: The food in the restaurant was mediocre on the one night we tried it and although there were only 6 diners, the service was appallingly slow and chaotic. The dining room is totally lacking any atmosphere and that is why it was almost empty.( but we discovered a really nice family run restaurant nearby, called the Valley View. they have a really good set 3 course menu for just 10 euros and a good selection of wines. )
The coffee and orange juice in the hotel at breakfast is appalling. Fresh coffee would make all the difference to a reasonable breakfast buffet. ( why is it that in any country that grows oranges, they dilute the juice with 90% water?)
Just one further small irritation was that on checkout, we were charged for a drink we did not have from the mini bar. It was onlt 1 euro, but they wouldn't shift on it so we paid. I think their loss, in terms of goodwill was more than our financial loss. In balance then, a good hotel whth excellent views across the bay but which with a few tweaks could be excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AmesburyDruid
bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Good all round hotel lovely staff, good food and very clean everywhere, It was a perfect base to go diving from.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lift it is noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pebbles41bristol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xlendi
0.0 km away
Calypso Hotel
#1 of 9 in Marsalforn
0.1 km away
Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa

Been to Saint Patrick's Hotel? Share your experiences!