Saint Patrick's Hotel
US$97
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz(San Lawrenz)
US$243
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewsplash poolxlendi bayinner courtyardsmall windowsome tlcvalley roomsea frontreception staffceiling fanthe general managerair conroof terracecharming hotelfantastic locationsun loungersfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in May 2012. The location is lovely particularly when compared to the other resort areas on the island. We had some small issues with our door not locking and were moved another room, without any delay. The toilet in our second room did not flush but this was also rectified once it was brought to the attention of the receptionist. The mattress needed replacing (room 505) as one side of it had collapsed so it wasn't the best nights sleep. We advised the receptionist on checking out so hopefully this will be done. All in all good value and excellent location.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Karl G, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback relating to your recent stay at the St. Patrick’s Hotel, Xlendi.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your vacation and would like to thank you for your kind comments.

May we assure you that the mattress in room 505 was replaced by a new one shortly after you brought its shortcomings to our attention.

All the team at the St. Patrick’s Hotel looks forward to welcoming you back to Gozo once again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Karl Gaffiero

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We spent five days in Saint Patrick's from April 28th to May 3rd and enjoyed the pleasant resort of Xliendi which still retains some of its fishing village atmosphere and is provided with a good bus service to the rest of the island via Victoria. Saint Patrick's has an excellent location with immediate access to its outside dining area on a small seaside promenade. The staff were extremely competent and friendly, and we enjoyed the food on the half board option. We had a courtyard view which was fine as we were out a great deal, and the rooftop terrace provided excellent views of the bay and valley. If views are of paramount importance, however, it may be worthwhile to pay the supplement for a sea view. I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I read all the reviews on this site prior to going to ST Patricks Hotel and can i say i dont know where some of the people are coming from.. We arrived on Monday 30th April 2012 and the staff could not do more to welcome us. They were very welcoming, the staff at the hotel were excellent, they did everything to make our stay brilliant. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent we were told on our first day we could swap the continental for a cooked breakfast anytime we wanted at no extra cost. We did just this and it was excellent. We had a young baby who was not well, the general manager along with the resturant manager could have not done anymore to help us with food, bringing it to our room and generally making our stay very special. I can honestly say that this hotel is 4 star and i would recommend anyone to stay here. Its a beautiful hotel in a beautiful place and we will definately go back. Thankyou ST PATRICKS HOTEL for a wonderful holiday......

Room Tip: sea view rooms are excellent. we viewed the large rooms which would easily fit 4 persons plus a cot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank richard p
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had booked to stay in this hotel before reading more about it. The pictures looked wonderful and the location was perfect.

As soon as I arrived to check in I was greeted by the rudest receptionist I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. Not only was she arrogant, she even told me off for reading the hotel agreement I was signing, which also had my credit card number on it.

If it were not for having booked for my stay on Expedia, hence had paid for my two night stay in full, I would have left immediately.

The room was mediocre, old and the sheets were clean but stained. The air conditioning system did not work.

The terrible service did not just end at check in, I found most of the staff to be very rude and unhelpful.

I do not know how this is supposed to be a four star hotel.

It is three star at best.

I had really been looking forward to my 'weekend romantic getaway' and they really dampened my excitement.

Thankfully Gozo and Xlendi are so beautiful that we didn't have to spend much time at the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the valley facing side unless you wish to hear loud music from the club downstairs until 2 am
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alby_fleuvio
Karl G, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Allow to thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

We deeply regret that we were not able to meet your expectations and that you were disappointed with the service and the room you were allocated.

We have taken immediate measures to ensure that similar issues do not reoccur.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Yours sincerely

Karl Gaffiero

Reviewed 10 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Karl G, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012