All reviews sea view splash pool xlendi bay small pool courtyard room roof terrace sea front fantastic location air con weekend break hotel is situated sun loungers lovely view bus service visit gozo yogurt grace
Reviewed August 26, 2018

My husband & I stayed here back in May, but I have only got around to putting my review on now. Upon logging onto this hotel, I cannot understand the negative comments people are making. Maybe when this place is busier in the height of summer, service deteriorates, but my husband and I are well travelled people and this place is just stunning. The bay is gorgeous, with such clear, blue water. It is most definitely worth paying the extra for a sea view room, to wake up to this every morning was breath taking. I can imagine how people staying the other side of the hotel might be disappointed, there is no view except of the street from there. Pay the extra for a sea view room. Upon check-in we were early so our room was not available, but we were able to leave our bags behind reception whilst we went and had lunch, and later returned to check into our room. Our room was more than spacious enough and the bathroom fine. The balcony was lovely to sit out on ad enjoy a glass of wine whilst enjoying the views of an evening. Breakfast was plentiful, with a good range of hot and cold dishes, juices, coffee and tea. On the top floor is a sun terrace with a small plunge pool which was lovely to sit by. I think people need to remember this is Malta and expectations may be different here, but I would most happily stay at this hotel again and would most definitely pay the extra for the sea view.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view room, most defintely worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mareofessex
Reviewed August 25, 2018

We come over from Malta to stay at Saint Patrick's, yes it's dated but we have never found it dirty. I am interested to know why the management team are not replying to the negative post? And chase up the owners to bring the hotel back to it's former glory.
Regards.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunflowerseed6
Stefan_Attard, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear sunflowerseed6,

Thank you for your review as it is through feedback that we can improve our guests' experience at the St. Patrick's.
Please rest assured that we do read all reviews and action is taken where necessary.

As you and many other guests mentioned all rooms are cleaned daily and checked before arrival.

Regards,
Stefan

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

So we visited this hotel last weekend with my friends. Upon arrival we were given rooms on separate floors even tough I specifically requested rooms on the same floor. The room was filthy dirty, you could not even walk barefoot in the room with hair on the bed. The bed sheets and towels were also stained. The public areas are totally filthy. Cleanliness 0%. The breakfast was not that bad but it wasnt very good either, definitely not a 4 star hotel! To top it all there is only 1 lift which also does not work very well! You have to wait for ages. Totally outdated!! Never again!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank katia c
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Just returned from a week at St Patrick’s hotel. We booked a room with a Valley View. The room was quite small and a small balcony overlooking the car park. Quite noisy at night with people dining late and motorbikes! We opted to move rooms after one night and upgraded to club sea view for £300! This room was on the 5th floor, more spacious with a terrace including 2 sun beds, 2 chairs, a table, parasol and spectacular views across the bay. This was a turning point for our holiday but it came at a price. The hotel is tired looking and in need of a renovation. My husband did feel some movement in the building several times. During our stay there was a problem with the electricity, it kept going off and on. This affected the air con. Maintenance dealt with it quickly but it did mean they were in and out of our room at 11pm. Breakfast was plentiful. Friendliness of the staff varied. Cleaning staff excellent, fresh towels everyday. Enjoyed our stay in Xlendi and the hotel, for the location itself you would have to give 100% and be prepared for a tired building in need of some TLC.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmettclan
Reviewed July 28, 2018

Great location on the seafront but that is about the only redeeming feature. We had a club seafront room and the room itself was a decent size. The furnishing were tired and the bed and mattress were simply appalling. When I mentioned this to the receptionist his response was "I don't know I don't sleep on it". The bathroom was last updated circa 1990. Cleaning left a great deal to be desired and the staff were generally apathetic.
Such a pity as the location is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple