“Village Inn - WOW!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We spent 6 nights in Xlendi. On 4 evenings we dined at the Village Inn, run by a lovely Portuguese couple, Alex & Antonio, assisted by Fiona from Yorkshire. We'll be back soon!

2  Thank Philip B

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I took the wife to the Village Inn for her birthday, it was an excellent choice, the food was amazing, the view of the sun going down over the bay and the personal touch of Alexandra and Antonio made for a wonderful evening.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1  Thank GharbRhodie
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had our honeymoon in Gozo. We stumbled on the Village Inn on our first night..trying Monkfish Rice between us. We ate there every night of our weeks stay after that. Such a warm and welcoming reception from Alex and Antonio, (and Fiona and Mellissa!) FANTASTIC food, all freshly prepared and always considering individual taste. Leaving the island having sampled the best cuisine and meeting some very special people.

1  Thank SussShadow2
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We came here on the first night of our holiday and were pleased we did. I had the mussels with garlic and cream, and they were the biggest, meatiest mussels I have ever tastes. The cream and garlic sauce was lovely, just the right consistency. My husband had the steak with mushroom sauce and commented that it was cooked exactly as he wanted, and said that the sauce was very tasty.

The service was excellent, just the right balance of chatty friendliness and being left alone to enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Mooglove
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Antonio and Alex run the Village Inn, they are an amazing couple. it was the friendliest place in Xlendi. I was happy to sit there in a group of 20 or on my own and make new friends.
They have a great drinks selection at a great price and Antonios food is really some of the best I had on holiday, his steak was in fact one of the best I have EVER had!
They were kind enough to create a special meal for my mum and I on our last night which was delicious and so special, Portuguese chicken, salad and homemade chips!

Xlendi is a wonderful place, but Alex and Antonio made it extra wonderful. Anyone who walks you back to your hotel when you are squiffy to make sure you are safe really are grand people!
I loved Gozo so much I now have a boyfriend and an apartment there!
Alex and Antonio will always be my friends and run the friendliest bar in Xlendi!

1  Thank Buttertruffle